Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheick Tiote

Status
    Dont think there much in this tbh.......I want to say he reminds of Didier Zakora, it'd be harsh on him but from some of the Toon games I've seen I can see similar things that Zakora had in his game. He's a better player than him though and has had a great season so far.

Cheick Tiote: I'm staying at Newcastle | Mail Online

Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote has insisted he will snub advances from Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester United as he is happy to remain on Tyneside.

The 25-year-old Ivory Coast international has been linked with a move away from St James' Park in recent weeks.
    And manager Alan Pardew is bracing himself for a bid when the transfer window opens on January 1 having warned potential purchasers they will have to pay a lot of money to prise the former FC Twente enforcer out of his hands.

The Cheick of it! Tiote has vowed to remain at St James' Park

However, Tiote has vowed simply to concentrate on his football as the speculation mounts.

He told the Evening Chronicle: 'People can say whatever they want to say about me, but I'm a professional footballer and I play for Newcastle.

'I'm not thinking of leaving in January - I'm very happy playing for this club.

'That's my job and I need to work hard for the team and the club. I have to focus on my job for Newcastle - that's what I have to do.'

Those words may prove some comfort to Pardew, who knows any decision might not be his to make if an acceptable offer was forthcoming.

He spent most of last January insisting striker Andy Carroll was not for sale, only to see him head through the exit door for Liverpool after the Reds tabled a monster 35million bid on the final day of the window.
    Last edited by spursman18; 29-12-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Legend !

Status
    Seeing as the geordies can make a push for Liverpools spot in the top 6, as well as seeing the unusual manner of how the table is turning out (and how the rest of it will as well undoubtedly) I think alot of players will stay at their said clubs. Modric is the perfect example. We refused chelsea, and we obviously had a reason to keep him....

sorry who was the top London Club over Xmas again...?

3. Who Thanked this post

Batman (29-12-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Damn with this new 4-2-3-1 formation we had against Norwich it would be good to have more depth in that Parker and Sandro enforcer role. But hopefully huddlestone can fill that role,

Legend !

Status
    I really like the look of Tiote. He is well suited for the Premier League. He might be a bit above Newcastle's level, though they are a side on the rise. Either way, there isn't much room for him in our midfield. If I were Liverpool or Chelsea i'd give him a serious look though.

Last tango in Belfast

Status
    Like most posters so far, I agree he's a good un but can't see us looking too hard at this one. Parker and Sandro, with The Scud to come back and Livermore also as backup will do grand for now.
    COYS

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Why do we need him...........?

We have the current best DM in the league...........Maybe more, and the future one (a Brazilian international) in the wings.

Slow news day.

Legend !

Status
    I think Chelsea is the most logical big 6 club for him. Essien is aging, Romeu will be gone by 2013 most likely (and if he isn't gone, it's b/c his form has dropped off and Barca doesn't want him, which means he probably isn't going great guns at Chelsea either). Tiote seems a good fit. Plus you figure the future there is going to be Ramires to get forward and link the attack, a playmaker, and a destroyer. You need someone with a great engine and good range to play that role and Tiote fits the bill. That said, I'd prefer to see him stay at Newcastle. I'd like to see Newcastle become a consistent top level team and I hate the idea of him playing for Chelsea.

Legend !

Status
    SSN just featured him on their 'Magic Moments' segments they're running in the build-up to new year.

Not really interested in him as a signing but bloody well enjoyed his late equalizing goal in their 4-4 with the Arse.

Status
    Tiote has been one of my favorite non-Spurs to come into the league since last season, he's really a quality player and along with VDV I think he was the steal of last season.

.... And like @Yidington mentioned he's provided scenes. Easily one of my favorite bits of commentary ever.

11. These users say thanks for this post

stroud_jm (29-12-2011),Yidington (29-12-2011)

groany fooker lol

Status
    he looks a decent player, one we could of used a few years back, but as has been already mentioned we have 4 players better than him who could play that role

Legend !

Status
    He will be a great signing for someone, though. I've never had much doubt about his ability. Looks to be a real talent and at 25 is just coming into his prime.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by funkfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he looks a decent player, one we could of used a few years back, but as has been already mentioned we have 4 players better than him who could play that role
    Ummmm....

We have two players, maybe, controversial I know. He's a DM and I'd say Parker is better. Sandro is great defensively but Tiote is a little better on the ball and he's underrated technically. Clearly shown in our match against him where he was great on the ball. He gets booked a bit but I think he's starting to get used to how matches are called in England. I think Sandro will be one of the best DM's but at the moment I think Tiote has a shout for being one of the best in England. I hear United are interested and that would be a great move if it goes off. I wouldn't trade Sandro for anyone but Tiote is a great player. We wouldn't have a shot but if De Rossi leaves Roma I would take him in a heartbeat.

hey you guys

Status
    He isn't like Zokora, Zokora never scored lol.

But seriously, I wouldn't really give Tiote a second look.
    He's not really any advancement on the players we have in his position.
    Parker, Modric, Livermore, Kranjcar, etc.
    Who out of them would be dropped in favour of Tiote on a regular basis.

He is happy at Newcastle and I think that's all we need to know

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by weirddave View Post
    He isn't like Zokora, Zokora never scored lol.
    Ha ha I know, and good point. He just seems a bit erratic like Zokora was at times, thats the only comparison I see.

17. Who Thanked this post

weirddave (29-12-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    Ummmm....

We have two players, maybe, controversial I know. He's a DM and I'd say Parker is better. Sandro is great defensively but Tiote is a little better on the ball and he's underrated technically. Clearly shown in our match against him where he was great on the ball. He gets booked a bit but I think he's starting to get used to how matches are called in England. I think Sandro will be one of the best DM's but at the moment I think Tiote has a shout for being one of the best in England. I hear United are interested and that would be a great move if it goes off. I wouldn't trade Sandro for anyone but Tiote is a great player. We wouldn't have a shot but if De Rossi leaves Roma I would take him in a heartbeat.
    Dare I say it: best CM not named Xavi or Iniesta? I would give a testicle, kidney, lung, pretty much anything to have him here. What a player.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter