Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nicolas Anelka

Status
    I dont expect him to sign for us, but I'll be fookin pissed if he does

Harry open minded on Anelka | Tottenham Hotspur News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp is not ruling out a bid to sign Nicolas Anelka, but insists he has yet to enquire about the Chelsea striker.
    Anelka is out of contract at the end of the season and is widely expected to leave Stamford Bridge, with a string of clubs linked with bids.
    Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua have expressed an interest, AC Milan have been linked, while there are also several clubs in Major League Soccer reportedly monitoring the 32-year-old.
    Speculation has also claimed that Spurs could make a January approach for the Frenchman to boost Redknapp's attacking options.

Redknapp admits he is an admirer of the former Arsenal and Liverpool forward, who has started just three Premier League games this season and has not scored since August.

Fantastic goalscorer

"I have always liked him," said Redknapp.
    "I think he is a fantastic goalscorer but he is not a player who I have made any enquiries about or mentioned to the chairman.
    "Having said that, I wouldn't stand here and say, 'No. Never', because if I did sign him you would say, 'What a lying git'. It's not a bad shout. He's a good player."

The Tottenham boss is also waiting to learn the extent of the knee injury suffered in training by Roman Pavlyuchenko, which means Jermain Defoe will start Wednesday's Europa League tie against PAOK Salonika.
    He added: "There is no-one else really because Pav did his knee yesterday.
    "It doesn't look very good. He just banged it on Andros Townsend's head. He slipped and hit Andros and it looks very swollen. It doesn't look great."

Legend !

Status
    I wouldn't even consider taking Drogba now. These Chelsea players "have nothing to prove" so they lack the drive to perform. They will just go to the club that offer them the highest wages. We should be signing players with "something to prove".

3. These users say thanks for this post

Fatboyyid (30-11-2011),Javi (01-12-2011),spursman18 (30-11-2011),Yidington (04-12-2011)

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    Wouldn't be surprised if he already has his ticket to Russia booked.

Legend !

Status
    no way we could afford either of their wages, and really id prefer we looked at an up and coming striker, like we did with Dos Santos, sure he didnt work out but that doesnt mean we should stop looking for talented youth. I thought Damiao was in for a shout but i think hes gone way beyond our reach now with Barcelona, AC Milan, and a host of rich Russian clubs interested.

6. Who Thanked this post

MagnaThor (30-11-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Ergh, no thanks.

Legend !

Status
    Have a feeling it could turn into a good piece of business if he signs. He isn't my first choice but if he comes in and does a job we'll be laughing.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    He is a goal machine and if its free............ great business.

Might prop up the Defoe leaving rumors.

Legend !

Status
    he would have to take an enormous wage cut, when he could just go play elsewhere and get equivalent money.

Legend !

Status
    Any of those old Chelsea players are to be avoided like the plague. No thank you to Lampard, Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, none of them. They have issues, yo.

EDIT:: I miiiiiiiight take Kalou to give us another look who still has pace

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconic Drei View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wouldn't be surprised if he already has his ticket to Russia booked.
    Or Quatar

He's not as good as he was.

Anyway I think we have the best of the ex goons at the lane. Don't need any more thanks.

13. Who Thanked this post

donatorIconic Drei (30-11-2011)

i love catnip

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    I miiiiiiiight take Kalou to give us another look who still has pace
    I wouldn't take Kalou even if Chelsea payed ME. He is virus to the team. Hate that man.
    I'd rather use the money on someone younger. Anelka would be a solid sub, but he doesn't want to leave just to be a sub. He's too expensive anyway.

Legend !

Status
    He's only 26. He is by no means the ideal addition, but probably the one Chelsea player i'd consider to bring in (outside of Mata, that is).

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    He's only 26. He is by no means the ideal addition, but probably the one Chelsea player i'd consider to bring in (outside of Mata, that is).
    wouldnt bring in sturridge?

i love catnip

Status
    We don't need Mata. We have Bale. Though Mata can play elsewhere, we're strong enough in all the other positions he'd play. I'd take McEachran and Lukaku for sure. Great young talent. Courtois, Alex, and Cole also probably. That's it. Drogba, Anelka, and Lampard are too old and expensive for me and I hate Kalou. Meireles is useless, and Torres is below that.
    Come to think of it, Ramires would be great. He's extremely fast and would fit in well.
    Edit: 100% Sturridge ^

Banned !

Status
    Why not Anelka?

Last time he played central striker, He finished top scorer in the league.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter