Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    This might explain why we've been courting DM's for the past couple windows. Levy and 'Arry know Sandro will eventually want out. 'I would like to play in Italy in future' - Tottenham's Sandro open to Serie A move - Goal.com I hate these "smart" phones.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 05-01-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Legend !

Status
    Well, that sucks.

First Team Player

Status
    Arsebiscuits...

4. Who Thanked this post

leecrowley (05-09-2011)

hey you guys

Status
    Goal.com.....
    *sighs*

Just don't listen to them.

6. Who Thanked this post

willk9 (05-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    i really dont understand why. We proved last season how poor serie A actually is, i mean the only things i could see is that it's easier to play for a team that would win a championship and he might get paid more money. However if he wants to test himself as a footballer then surely he would want to stay in the PL or la liga. I mean when the 5th best team in england outclasses the italian champions and the second best italian team it shows the state of italian football.

8. Who Thanked this post

MagnaThor (10-09-2011)

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    When players come out with these things, I can't help but think that 9/10 it's been taken out of context..

Add Goal.com to that as well.

10. Who Thanked this post

leecrowley (05-09-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 05grottim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i really dont understand why. We proved last season how poor serie A actually is, i mean the only things i could see is that it's easier to play for a team that would win a championship and he might get paid more money. However if he wants to test himself as a footballer then surely he would want to stay in the PL or la liga. I mean when the 5th best team in england outclasses the italian champions and the second best italian team it shows the state of italian football.
    Really, I love my Spurs but as some of you know I love my Italian footy as well. I guess you can say we outclassed Inter at home, but against Milan it's a stretch to say we outclassed them. They had the advantage in possesion, shots on target, etc. We got one goal against Milan on the counter, that doesn't reflect a gap in class imo, it happens to everyone Blackpool hit us on the break.

Though I don't want it to happen Sandro if he goes to Roma would have a shot at the title most seasons, compete in the champions league, make more money, all whilst living in Rome.

12. These users say thanks for this post

Dustin (05-09-2011),leecrowley (05-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I've always kind of suspected this in the back of my mind...

Obviously we don't want him to go, but if he goes to one of the Milan sides you can't really blame him can you. Luckily, there are many young DMs out there- he's good but replaceable I think.

Legend !

Status
    hopefully when he does leave the two milan clubs get involved

Legend !

Status
    That does not mean he wants out now, just that he would like to play there in the future, which for him is a long one. A lot can change with time, and I can't blame him for keeping his options open with us having both Hudd and Parker playing the same general position. Regardless, I am always a little disappointed in young (non-youth academy) players that say "I want to play here the rest of my career!" - which is generally either BS, or marks a small minded individual (which usually are not the type to be one of the greats). Most smarter, well rounded, young men would prefer to see as much of the world as they can and get a taste of a diversity of things, this means being open to seeing another league, country, team (this is not the same as saying I want out now). The kid just got off the boat from brazil and there is much more to seeing the world than going on holiday - which international footballers do not have extended periods of time to do anyway.

If I were Sandro, (not english born or long time youth academy player) I would probably like to think of playing in London for a few years then checking out Milan or Rome or Barcelona or Madrid (probably not Munich though... not for me)... seems like the right way to live life.

If he gets a solid place in our team, I'm sure his tune will change.

shady!

Status
    no big deal....im sure plenty of players wanna play in a diferent country sometime in the future.

its not like he handed in a transfer request and acted like a spoiled prick to force a move away!!

17. These users say thanks for this post

AmericanHotspur (05-09-2011),Dustin (05-09-2011),Javi (05-09-2011),jesco29 (06-09-2011),XRated (05-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    Really, I love my Spurs but as some of you know I love my Italian footy as well. I guess you can say we outclassed Inter at home, but against Milan it's a stretch to say we outclassed them. They had the advantage in possesion, shots on target, etc. We got one goal against Milan on the counter, that doesn't reflect a gap in class imo, it happens to everyone Blackpool hit us on the break.

Though I don't want it to happen Sandro if he goes to Roma would have a shot at the title most seasons, compete in the champions league, make more money, all whilst living in Rome.
    I have seen you talk italian football and you're much more of an expert than me however i do watch a decent amount of it especially italian teams in the CL and i dont think it's anything very impressive. I think against inter we proved to be a better team over the two games. I definitely think we outclassed AC both on and off the pitch if you get me. I thought AC were an embarassment to italian football that night but i also thought that it showed weaknesses in there game. Italian football isnt very attractive in general imo it's all a bit george graham at arsenal- it's all a bit dull.

Ill admit i havent seen much of roma however i could say comfortably that spurs were a better team than inter, AC and napoli as those are the teams that i have seen the most of. I just cannot understand why anyone would want to move to the italian league when imo it doesnt have very much going for it especially compared to england and spain.

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcshady27 View Post
    no big deal....im sure plenty of players wanna play in a diferent country sometime in the future.

its not like he handed in a transfer request and acted like a spoiled prick to force a move away!!
    so long as he doesn't come out with any 'my head ain't right' quotes, we should be dandy

20. Who Thanked this post

thfcshady27 (05-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Let's be honest, vs. Inter we were the better team. Against Milan we barely scraped by and although Milan was having a hard time at that point, they were still dominating us for long stretches while we were playing our best football in years.

THTV Donator

Status
    Bale had also said that he fancies Italy in the future, they are young and talented. I won't blame anyone for wanting to play in a country like Italy, I adore that place. As long as he leaves on good terms and we can find a replacement in due time then fine. I would love for him to be a yid for life but that's highly unlikely.

23. Who Thanked this post

tdw76 (06-09-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter