Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    boo

Status
    Last night, Norio Sasaki won the FIFA coach of the year award for his work with the Japanese women's football team after guiding them to world cup victory.

In a statement made after receiving the award, Sasaki said;

"Being part of this team is an honour for me. The girls all worked extremely hard and have been rewarded in their efforts. This award is for the whole team".

As with Japanese custom, the team celebrated their victory in Hakone with an Onsen followed by Ramen.

Team captain, Homare Sawa, said;

"We all feel so special! Everyone is being very kind to us i mean, here at this Onsen the owners gave permission for the coach to bathe together with the rest of team. This is an honour. It's great!"

Homare Sawa was also amongst the winners at the FIFA awards 2011, picking up the Women's player of the year.

The Japanese Football Association collected the Fifa fair play award, making it a memorable night for Japanese football.

2. Who Thanked this post

Bogota Yid (15-01-2012)

I don't like twitter oh no, I love it lol

Status
    Good to see the Japanese women winning. Ive been to Japan twice and i really like the culture. Football(or soccer) as they call it seems to be really catching on now. I know it went mental when they hosted the world cup and it seems to be even more obsessed now. Do you think it will take over from baseball? Or has it already? I teach a few Japanese kids where im living now and they are mad about it, dont even care for baseball

Status
    They beat my girls, this thread should be condemned.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last night, Norio Sasaki won the FIFA coach of the year award for his work with the Japanese women's football team after guiding them to world cup victory.

In a statement made after receiving the award, Sasaki said;

"Being part of this team is an honour for me. The girls all worked extremely hard and have been rewarded in their efforts. This award is for the whole team".

As with Japanese custom, the team celebrated their victory in Hakone with an Onsen followed by Ramen.

Team captain, Homare Sawa, said;

"We all feel so special! Everyone is being very kind to us i mean, here at this Onsen the owners gave permission for the coach to bathe together with the rest of team. This is an honour. It's great!"

Homare Sawa was also amongst the winners at the FIFA awards 2011, picking up the Women's player of the year.

The Japanese Football Association collected the Fifa fair play award, making it a memorable night for Japanese football.
    Post up pics I love oriental chicks!!!

That pop group thing you posted was AMAZING!!!

boo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P UNIT 1980 View Post
    Post up pics I love oriental chicks
    lol! hey, dunno aboot you but, when i was at school all the fit birds ran like retards. this was where the, er, not so fit ones excelled.

this seems to be the case in women's football too?

which gave me an idea for a new thread: 'the fittest bird in football'

boo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogota Yid View Post
    Football(or soccer) as they call it seems to be really catching on now. Do you think it will take over from baseball? Or has it already?
    i carry 2 pictures in my wallet at all times; 1 of a foot, and 1 of a ball, to help with the first issue.

but yeah, you can see football being played by kids in the parks everywhere.

1 thing, girls play with boys here. never seen that at home (or in any other country i've lived in)

Status
    yeag ive seen that too with Japanese kids. Weird, but good on them!
    Thats what i always say too regarding this soccer bolloks. Do you speak Japanese? Its odd cause they use British words for so many things but have taken the American one for football.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P UNIT 1980 View Post
    Post up pics I love oriental chicks!!!

That pop group thing you posted was AMAZING!!!
    Me too! But dont think a picture of the Japanese womens football team is going to do anything for you!!

Legend !

Status
    Me too! But dont think a picture of the Japanese womens football team is going to do anything for you!!
    Well if I remember correctly Gatusso was Unit's man crush so they might do something for him:P.

11. Who Thanked this post

P UNIT 1980 (19-01-2012)

boo

Status
    Do you speak Japanese? Its odd cause they use British words for so many things but have taken the American one for football.
    i do speak and read japanese, yes. but hey, 1 thing to think aboot with the language over here; american culture is the most predominant. the english words used in japanese language are more often than not, american - elevator, sweater, soccer.

for seņor P Unit 1980... the Japanese Table Tennis Champion, Yotsumoto Naomi

Legend !

Status

Vanessa Mae

Couldnt reduce the size , sorry.
    Last edited by ctw01; 19-01-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ctw01 View Post

Vanessa Mae

Couldnt reduce the size , sorry.
    I wouldnt have bothered worrying about that mate!!!

15. Who Thanked this post

ctw01 (28-01-2012)

Status
    Although shes actually from Singapore, not Japan

Legend !

Status
    Although shes actually from Singapore, not Japan
    With a Chinese mother and Thai father.

Status
    Well all people from Singapore are either Malay, Chinese or Indian Singapore. Didnt know her father was Thai. Nice interesting mix!!!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter