Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    I think i may have read something about this somewhere else, so if i have im sorry if im ripping you off, just cant remember where and when it was, or if i read it at all.

Right, so 'Arry has come out and stated that if bent leaves then we would still be in for Huntelaar. This leads fans to two conclusions, we are going to have 5 main strikers in our squad, aswell as the fringe players OR another one of strikers is going to be moved on.

Tottenham maintain interest in Huntelaar - Premier League, Football - The Independent

Since we haven't really heard anything too solid about the second option it leads me to believe the first is the case (for the time being). Now keeping 5 strikers in a squad happy is going to be more difficult then keeping 4 happy (obvious). Even when playing a rotation system there's going to be one who has to wait the extra week or so anyway. If you factor Modric into the team aswell then it makes it even more difficult to fit everyone in. Now, what i have been thinking is that does this mean we are going to a fluid front three, (think Barcelona or Manure of last season), with a target man and two wider men, but interchanging between them (probably mainly for home games). However the more i think about this post the more problems i see, where do lennon and modric play? Well for modric, if we get another tough defensive center mid (even a box to box type) then we could use Modric behind this front three to create some more creative options and attacks. Lennon would probably be an away day man. Maybe this explains why we have not been looking at out and out LW .... we may not need one ....

..... Anyway, the point of this post was to find out what people think we will be playing next year, whether Pav or Keane will be moving on or not ... and because i'm bored to be Honest.

Edit: Haven't got a clue why i posted this in transfers, if someone could move it i would appreciate it. Thanks.

Legend !

Status
    Quotes from sky sports:

But the former Portsmouth boss, currently in China for the Asia Trophy, is unconcerned with upsetting players in his squad, insisting it is up to them to fight for their place.

"I don't care," he added. "It's not about keeping them happy, they have to keep me happy and the fans happy - that is what they are paid to do.

"It's up to them as they have got to fight to play, it's all about competition for places.

By the looks of things people can completely disregard the first post, looks like Harry want diversity and competition in the attack. By the sounds of it Huntelaar could be a real goer ..... Nice to see 'Arry putting players in their places aswell.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Tottenham Hotspur | Harry still in for Huntelaar

Legend !

Status
    I have a feeling Obika will end up going out loan to a Championship or League One club anyway...which will leave us with Crouch, JD, Keano and Hunter I hope...

jaws music hee hee

Status
    Pavlyuchenko???

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CmonyouSpurs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a feeling Obika will end up going out loan to a Championship or League One club anyway...which will leave us with Crouch, JD, Keano and Hunter I hope...
    Where's Pav ......

Legend !

Status
    Oopsies

Well if Pav isn't up to scratch then I'm sure he'll be shown the door too.

Legend !

Status
    thread mpved to formation section

try to look before you post please

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter