Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status
    I know Harry played it at Pompey & got success but I don't really get why he changed the formation from the one that was so good in the second half against Burnley?

It seemed to be working at the start as we flooded the midfield but we got exposed down the flanks (particularly the left as Bale looked lost). I would've preferred to see us switch to a 442 sooner rather than later.

Jamie looked one of our best players once again & I think Harry wanted him more in the middle where he could have a bigger effect on the game and I can definitely see what he was thinking but we just did not look comfortable.

I'm undecided on this one cos I think our attack suffered greatly despite having 2 strikers on the field.

Legend !

Status
    Yeah we did suffer. To be honest though i think we suffered mainly due to wigans physical presence in midfield. I was extremely impressed with some of the determination of there players and hey could teach us alot.

Legend !

Status
    Our strikers just got balls hoofed up to them so we can't really blame either Defoe or Pavlyuchenko, but why bring Bent on?! Pavlyuchenko was the one who would have been more likely to score!

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by woodgateftw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but why bring Bent on?! Pavlyuchenko was the one who would have been more likely to score!
    This decision is undrestandable, Harry wanted to try Bent with Defor. But why Modric???

Legend !

Status
    Tbh i think if anyone should have come off it should have been defoe. Pav was seeing the ball alot more then him. Wigan defended well and our strikers had no space to play.

VIP Member

Status
    Pav has hardly played 90 min all season. He suddenly played 3 full games in the last week. I think he was tired. The extra game we played in the week made it tougher for us to maintain a high tempo & physical presence. I don't think we were a pushover tho & I thought some players worked really hard for us, notably Dawson, O'Hara & Didi.

Bale was shocking tho. He's young and things like this will really start to effect him, if they haven't already. He needs time out of the team to get himself back to his best but we just don't have sufficient cover at the mo.

unfortunately, in a 532, you really need your wing-backs to play well. Charlie did good. Nothing came down the right at all. Hopwever, the left was a disaster & with jamie playing further inside, Bale was completely exposed.
    Last edited by basskadet; 11-01-2009 at 06:20 PM.

talking in the wind

Status
    the whole formation was wrong ok it started ok because it was stopping them play but it also stopped us playing i mean zakora outside right come on also it totally neautrized modric who had no room to operate what so ever and unfairily on him it made him look ordinary which we all know he isnt pav and defoe had no chance all they seemed to be doing was chasing lost causes although pav didnt play well lads and im his biggest fan but he shouldnt have taken him off so earily in the second half also im not that happy with his interview after the game saying hes been dealt a bad hand he doesnt say it when were winning so dont use it as an excuse when we lose im very disappointed but this is how its going to be till the end of the season because were right in the s.hit so we better get used to it im afraid

Legend !

Status
    the problem is not how many strikers we are playing its our lack of chances created fulham at home west brom away and now wigan can you remember any gilt edged chances cause i cant

Player in Training

Status
    wigan went past bale as is he was not there, and wigan played with passion.

Player in Training

Status
    bale looked lost at times. when are we gonna win with him in the side?

Banned !

Status
    It would seem like a mixed bag . Regular players being shuffled into a different formation to outfox a team that are riding high at the moment . It didn't work . If you try something new , everybody has to be on their metal if it goes pooh shaped . We managed to unbalance their rythem but when we going forwards we looked lacking in support , due to the fact that they are playing as a complete unit . When they go forward they all go forward , when they defend they all run back.

" WE DONT " we have a mixed bag of players that think their job is specific , instead of a team effort .

Legend !

Status
    weve got a attacking midfielder who carnt play anywhere else except from behind the forwards then we have 3strikers none of them can play up front by themselves which means we must play the diamond which leaves the full backs exposed like today so harry got a really hard job on his hands picking a team that works both home and away

Legend !

Status
    thats a good point darlo. looks like hes got a job on his hands pickin a team period.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kevfball63 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would seem like a mixed bag . Regular players being shuffled into a different formation to outfox a team that are riding high at the moment . It didn't work . If you try something new , everybody has to be on their metal if it goes pooh shaped . We managed to unbalance their rythem but when we going forwards we looked lacking in support , due to the fact that they are playing as a complete unit . When they go forward they all go forward , when they defend they all run back.

" WE DONT " we have a mixed bag of players that think their job is specific , instead of a team effort .
    I wonder what was the FA cup match against wigan?

I agree mostly with kevfball in his assesments of the match. The lads aren't operating as a team.

Legend !

Status
    by the way, with regard to the title of this thread we played a 4-4-2 today. king was a sitting midfielder. were becoming like the ****in england team, trying to cram on all of our best players, even if it means playing them out of position. id rather see king at LB ffs

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter