Register To Comment
    Player in Training

Status
    One of our biggest strenghts is the pace of our wingers. However, this does not work against every team (if for example, they have pacy and skillful fullbacks). Also, I think at some points in the season we were running Bale and Lennon into the ground, hardly giving them any rest. I was wondering what we could do in situations when pace in the wings might not be our best bet and came up with the following:

--------------Gomes-------------
    Corluka--Gallas--Dawson--BAE
    --Sandro----Sarge/Huddlestone
    -------------Modric--------------
    ----VDV----------------Kranjcar-
    ------------Pav/Crouch----------

This would probably be focused in posession play (hence the two DMs), and might help us break down some teams. Also, sub Lennon/Bale for VDV/Kranjcar, and we've got something that resembles our usual 4-5-1 in European games if it doesn't work.

So, what do you think? Does this have a chance at working, or have I played too much FIFA? Lol.

Status
    If you're trying to break down a team.......pace is 1 way you do that, so Bale and Lennon would be playing and always should be from the start especially at this point in our season.

Pacy fullback- Maicon

Pacy winger- Bale

end of story.

3. Who Thanked this post

Tott_BeBop (23-03-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Bale and Lennon don t understand !!
    Are those saints?....
    .....unique, priceless and irreplaceable. ...

First Team Player

Status
    We've had some good results when VDV has played on the right wing and Kranjcar would do wonders if he got an extended run in the team. I would stick with 4-4-2 and have an extra striker (possibly a Defoe and Crouch partnership) rather than a defensive midfielder.

4-4-2 has served us well and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Status
    @benki11 you must perform a miracle .

Legend !

Status
    That formation is far too narrow for me, VDV will cut inside all the time and so would Niko... maybe could be used on days like Saturday when our wingers were ineffective

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonds44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That formation is far too narrow for me, VDV will cut inside all the time and so would Niko... maybe could be used on days like Saturday when our wingers were ineffective
    I think this line up has been put together so the Nico fan club could actually see him.

It's not our strengths. And with Sandro and Hudd it's no more attacking than man city.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleon View Post

Well it is broken How many points in last 4 games?

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a_mexican_yid View Post
    One of our biggest strenghts is the pace of our wingers. However, this does not work against every team (if for example, they have pacy and skillful fullbacks). Also, I think at some points in the season we were running Bale and Lennon into the ground, hardly giving them any rest. I was wondering what we could do in situations when pace in the wings might not be our best bet and came up with the following:

--------------Gomes-------------
    Corluka--Gallas--Dawson--BAE
    --Sandro----Sarge/Huddlestone
    -------------Modric--------------
    ----VDV----------------Kranjcar-
    ------------Pav/Crouch----------

This would probably be focused in posession play (hence the two DMs), and might help us break down some teams. Also, sub Lennon/Bale for VDV/Kranjcar, and we've got something that resembles our usual 4-5-1 in European games if it doesn't work.

So, what do you think? Does this have a chance at working, or have I played too much FIFA? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleon View Post
    We've had some good results when VDV has played on the right wing and Kranjcar would do wonders if he got an extended run in the team. I would stick with 4-4-2 and have an extra striker (possibly a Defoe and Crouch partnership) rather than a defensive midfielder.

Blasphemy!!!!!

never use the name Kranjcar together with those others.. it can only be used with the names such as Cudicini Pletikosa ..

11. Who Thanked this post

benki11 (22-03-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    I think you need Bale on the pitch whenever possible. I think Modric would run himself ragged in this formation.

First Team Player

Status
    This is wild but...hows this for a switch?
    Corluka - Daws ---Gallas ---Bale
    Lennon Modric Sandro VDV
    Pavs --- Defoe

VDV pinches in and Gareth gets a longer run up the wing.
    Sub Niko for Pavs, Crouch for Defoe, and play VDV off of Crouchy

BAE has been playing very well though...but it would give him a breather. If he comes in, move Bale in for Lennon

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    If you're trying to break down a team.......pace is 1 way you do that, so Bale and Lennon would be playing and always should be from the start especially at this point in our season.

Pacy fullback- Maicon

Pacy winger- Bale

end of story.
    pmsl.

taaaaxxxxxxiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii for @a_mexican_yid

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kkinnevy View Post
    This is wild but...hows this for a switch?
    Corluka - Daws ---Gallas ---Bale
    Lennon Modric Sandro VDV
    Pavs --- Defoe

VDV pinches in and Gareth gets a longer run up the wing.
    Sub Niko for Pavs, Crouch for Defoe, and play VDV off of Crouchy

BAE has been playing very well though...but it would give him a breather. If he comes in, move Bale in for Lennon
    now, that would work.. if only Bale could defend.. but, I can see it against weaker opponents opening them up a bit..

as for the opening post... the thing is.. playing both VDV and Kranjcar on the wings is rubbish... esp with Charlie behind VDV... that side of the pitch would be pretty ineffective going forward.. either you put VDV left with bale behind (VDV cuts inside, Bale goes all the way) IMO, not so good option, or you can put VDV right but then put Hutton/Walker or some other pacey RB behind him to go all the way to the corner flag and cross...

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter