Register To Comment
    First Team Player

Status
    I don't know a whole lot here really formation sense, so don't attack me here!

I was wondering if Spurs could play a 4-3-1-2 type formation, with Van der Vaart right behind the two strikers. The three in the midfield could be Bale-Modric-Lennon (Modric in the middle, Bale/Lennon on their sides). Defenders, we'll see.

Would a 4-3-1-2 match their attacking style? Or would Spurs just get torn apart?

Status
    Wouldnt want to see this because we thrive off playing with width in a sense that Bale and Lennon are most effective when played in wider positions. However they could pinch in when were defending and then spread out when were on the break but we also strive off having a DM to allow Modric to do what he likes and in this formation we'd probably get caught out more often than normal.

Legend !

Status
    Waaaaay too open. You're talking about have just ONE body in the heart of our midfield. We would get completely carved open that way...

First Team Player

Status
    Dammit I miss Huddlestone

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CmonyouSpurs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Waaaaay too open. You're talking about have just ONE body in the heart of our midfield. We would get completely carved open that way...
    Haha yea I figured that much after thinking about it, more "food for thought" than anything really.

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    If we were to play a 4-3-1-2 then you would have to leave Lennon and Bale out.

Huddlestone, Sandro and Modric as the three, Van der Vaart off the front two of any of Defoe/Pav/Crouch . . . . .

Legend !

Status
    Way too open, plus with vdv playing I say you need to play him with crouch, they work so well together so I would just play 4-4-1-1 like we usually do, with crouch as the lone striker,

Modders is good but not good enough to control the middle of the pitch by himself IMO

Player in Training

Status
    If you want to play with the idea you could maybe do a 4-2-3-1 with Modders and Sandro/Palacios/Huddleston (please God let it be soon) behind Bale/VDV/Lennon. It would just turn into the normal 4-4-1-1 anyway though.

Status
    As others have said, I think the 4-4-1-1 is just about right for us, given our strength in wide areas. Whatever people say about Harry's tactical nous, when everyone's healthy, he's got to play to our strengths, and this formation is the simplest way to do it. Gives both Modric and VdV a bit of license to roam, and opens up the flanks for Bale/Azza.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter