Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Some readers here have been clamoring for more Niko for awhile now and after today's match it's easy to see why. The trouble is how do we incorporate him into the lineup regularly?

Here's one idea:

--------------------Gomes-----------------
    --------------------------------------------
    -------------Dawson-------Gallas--------
    --Corluka-------------------------Bale---
    -------------------------------------------
    ------------Modric------Tom/Jenas------
    --Lennon------------------------Niko----
    -------------------VDV------------------
    -------------------Crouch---------------

Obviously this formation is still asking a lot from Crouchy and it's uncertain he'll be able to deliver, but when he's on, this formation looks like it could be a terror for opponents. You've got two wings who are both capable of making plays down the flank or attacking the goal themselves, VDV and Crouch up top, plus Bale storming down behind Niko. Plus it's easy to modify this into a 4-4-2 by taking off Lennon, Niko, or VDV for a striker. Just shift VDV to a wide spot or, if you take Rafa off, bring on the striker to replace him.

Thoughts?

Legend !

Status
    Why would you put Bale, one of the best wingers in the world, at left-back...

Jus' Sayin'

Legend !

Status
    Well, its gonna be even harder to fit him in now we have bought Pienaar. I think today showed that we wasted 3m.

I'm not saying that because he's a bad player, I think he's pretty good and will improve. We just didn't need him.

4. These users say thanks for this post

SE YIDO (06-02-2011),TheRock (06-02-2011)

Status
    I dont like the idea of Bale playing LB with Niko in front of him. Niko drifts far too much inside and Bale would be so exposed, I'd rather have BAE back there at LB and have Niko playing LM if Bale/Pienaar are out.

He's a good squad player but unless the players in front of him are injured or their form starts to dip I cant see Niko playing many games. He could definitely get into most first teams in the PL, its just a bit of bad luck and bad timing for him
    Last edited by spursman18; 06-02-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by perstrame View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Jus' Sayin'
    Yeah, this too.......he cant go back to LB at the moment, while in the future he may turn out to be one no way would I think of moving him.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    It is a shame because I like Nico but I agree with the above post. He will not get enough games even though he is class.

Personally though I would not play him on the lefti would use him as a creative CM if Luka is injured or shattered.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyyid View Post
    It is a shame because I like Nico but I agree with the above post. He will not get enough games even though he is class.

Personally though I would not play him on the lefti would use him as a creative CM if Luka is injured or shattered.
    Yeah, I agree with that as well....maybe not CM but definitely in the hole. I dont think he has the fitness right now to play in the middle of the park, but definitely in a VDV role for the team. Just a shame we've had some players in great form this season otherwise Niko would definitely be involved more.

Legend !

Status
    --------------------Gomes-----------------
    --------------------------------------------
    -------------Dawson-------Gallas--------
    --Corluka-------------------------BAE---
    -------------------------------------------
    ------------Modric------Tom/Jenas------
    --Lennon------------------------Bale-----
    --------------VDV-------Niko-------------

Why bother with strikers that don't score? Play six in midfield with four of them bursting forward ......

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by perstrame View Post
    My view exactly!

And I suspect that it will be the view of most Spurs fans!

I really do appeciate Niko's talents but feel that with our current squad - assuming everyone is fit and that we have no suspensions - then Niko is not a starter for us!

But given his versatility he should be the first choice substitute (or replacement in case of injuries etc.) a range of attacking midfield roles or even playing behind the main striker (a la VDV)

hey you guys

Status
    Ummmm hellooooo where's Defoe in this???
    He was dynamite upfront with VDV against Villa and you put Crouch there instead???

Legend !

Status
    Look. Niko's goal was great, our goal of the season to date, but that doesn't mean his role on this team suddenly switched to being a regular starter. At the end of the day he is still a squad player. He won't suddenly begin starting games and getting full runs out. Harry will continue to use him as a sub and plug him in where needed. I'm not saying this is right, just that its how things are. I hope he continues to work his way into the squad and starts getting more time on the pitch, but knowing Harry I don't see it happening. It simply isn't feasible to think that 10 minutes on the pitch and one goal suddenly means that Niko is Harry's new favorite. I love Niko and everything he does for the club. He should continue to be a super-sub who starts the occasional match here and there. His attitude is second to none and if there is one person who I know will accept his role, do his best, and help the club it is Niko.

13. These users say thanks for this post

CmonyouSpurs (06-02-2011),rossdfc (06-02-2011),spursman18 (06-02-2011),THFC-Addict (06-02-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    Look. Niko's goal was great, our goal of the season to date, but that doesn't mean his role on this team suddenly switched to being a regular starter. At the end of the day he is still a squad player. He won't suddenly begin starting games and getting full runs out. Harry will continue to use him as a sub and plug him in where needed. I'm not saying this is right, just that its how things are. I hope he continues to work his way into the squad and starts getting more time on the pitch, but knowing Harry I don't see it happening. It simply isn't feasible to think that 10 minutes on the pitch and one goal suddenly means that Niko is Harry's new favorite. I love Niko and everything he does for the club. He should continue to be a super-sub who starts the occasional match here and there. His attitude is second to none and if there is one person who I know will accept his role, do his best, and help the club it is Niko.

couldnt have said it better myself, everything you said is the flat out truth.

edit: apart from his goal being the goal of the season, but agree about the importance of it.
    Last edited by spursman18; 06-02-2011 at 03:53 AM.

15. Who Thanked this post

BigDub (06-02-2011)

Legend !

Status
    @BigDub

Goal of the season my arse!!

No doubt it was good, but Bale's volley against Stoke is hands down GOTS for me

17. These users say thanks for this post

BigDub (06-02-2011),perstrame (06-02-2011),spursman18 (06-02-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Mate, I mean that in terms of importance. Probably should have clarified, as in it is the most important goal of the season to date. My bad.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    Spot on @BigDub.

One good finish definitely does not mean we should change the position of our best player - and I know Harry won't.

All it will mean is that he probably will come off the bench more often.

20. Who Thanked this post

BigDub (06-02-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter