Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    First Team Player

Status
    Ok, lets see what 11s + substitutes you all have.

Rules:

Must be players you have seen play, not read about. For me that means no Maradona even though I would want him in my team. Try to comment your choices so we know why a player is included. Formation is up to you.

Here we go. Its a 4-2-3-1 formation. I find this the most flexible tactic in the modern game.

Goalkeeper: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid, Spain) - Always loved him, he might not have been that good this and the last season but overall cant see any other keeper who can top him.

Leftback: Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid, Brazil) - Remember THAT freekick in the confederations cup in 1997? Carlos was a beast, he was in every attack and home to defend when they lost the ball, a true great of football history.

Centreback: Ledley King (Tottenham, England) - Without injuries IMO King would have had 70 caps for England already. A mighty talisman who im proud for plays for Spurs. Legend.

Centreback: Alessandro Nesta (Lazio, Milan, Italy) - When he was on the top of his game not many were ahead of him. Shame for Lazio fans, he could have gone on to become a club legend but chose to leave for Milan instead. He was a dirty fooker too, but the refs usually missed his antics.

Rightback: Cafu (Roma, Milan, Brazil) - Tempted to take Sergio Ramos who is my current favourite but Cafu ranks higher. Ive seen Cafu do magic tricks with the ball, once for Roma he got the ball in his own penalty arena, lobbed it over one opponent, went past him, took the ball down on a volley and dribbled past a second opponent. Name one other defender who would even think about doing a stunt like that.

Defensive centremidfield: Patrick Vieira (Arsenal, Inter, France) - Hated him when he played for Arsenal, but he was brilliant. A tackler and ballwinner of great proportions. Past it now, but when in his prime not many could compete with him.

Defensive centremidfield: Michael Carrick (West Ham, Tottenham, Man Utd, England) - Based entirely on the 2005/2006 season. Carrick was a god that season, gutted when he left for Man Utd. Hasnt been up to that standard at United but still a great player and a personal favourite of mine.

Leftwing: Frank Ribery (a host of clubs + Bayern Munich, France) - Loved him instantly at the WC2006. An exciting winger who is a complete footballer. Shame he is suspended in the CL final tonight. He is still young and will accomplish great things in the future.

Rightwing: Aaron Lennon (Leeds, Tottenham, England) - Probably my favourite player for the moment. Everytime he gets the ball things get exciting. Fastest player ive seen bar Marc Overmars.

Playmaker: Francesco Totti (Roma, Italy) - Should have taken Zidane but Totti is a personal favourite. His goals are often works of art and that penalty that he lobbed was insane, never seen a player lob a penalty before. Sometimes I hang a Roma 10 TOTTI shirt in my window, I took it down when they lost to United 7-1 in the CL.

Striker: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (a host of clubs, Sweden) - His technique is brilliant, he also like Totti often scores spectacular goals. Would work nice as a lone striker too. Ive followed his career closely as I live in Sweden, sure, he is a bit overrated but still one of the greats in todays game.

Substitutes:

GK - Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus, Italy) - Boring choice sure, but he is top quality and a WC winner.

Defender - Sergio Ramos (Sevilla, Real Madrid, Spain) - Can play both CB and RB so would be good cover on the bench. Has an eye for a goal too.

Defender - Gianluca Zambrotta (Milan now, Italy) - Many Italians in my team, but they are 4 times WC winners so its only natural. Zambrotta can play on either side and is versatile.

Midfielder - Zinedine Zidane (Juventus, Real Madrid, France) - Maybe the 2nd or 3rd best player in the history of the game. Should play from start really.

Midfielder - Paul Ince (host of clubs + England) - Absolutely loved the guy. Funny things: a) he wanted to be called the governor in the dressing room, brilliant b) he scored against Utd and kicked the advertisement board behind the goal, after the game he said he imagined it was Alex Fergusons face. Theres lots more about him, a funny character to read about on wikipedia.

Striker - Sir Les Ferdinand (a host of clubs + England) - A true great and a real gentleman. Think he scored hattricks for 3 different clubs. Not that shabby scoring for England as well. His shirt hangs in my window.

Striker - Lionel Messi (Barcelona, Argentina) - Best player in the world right now. He amazed me at the 2006 WC. Feels great to be able to follow such a living legends career closely. Truly a player who will never be forgotten.

I did this dream team spontaneously, didnt put too much thought into it. Maybe I should have taken more time with such an important subject but I felt like making it fast. I have the Blackpool - Cardiff game to watch soon so I dont have the time either. Excited about reading others teams!

COYS!!!

Banned !

Status
    Wow mate forget all that writing ill just get to the point btw why is messi a sub?

Reina
    Ramos Terry Puyol A.Cole
    C.Ronaldo Xavi Fabregas Robben
    Messi Villa

subs: Cech, Pique, Maicon, Bale, Lennon, Defoe, Lampard

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SpursFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow mate forget all that writing ill just get to the point btw why is messi a sub?

Reina
    Ramos Terry Puyol A.Cole
    C.Ronaldo Xavi Fabregas Robben
    Messi Villa

subs: Cech, Pique, Maicon, Bale, Lennon, Defoe, Lampard
    Not a bad team, but i would replace Terry with Pique, Reina with Cech, play Ronaldo on the Left, Messi on the right, Drop Fabregas and play Inniesta and Snieder as a 4-5-1

Banned !

Status
    Yeah should be pique instead of terry tbh but i thought the team was abit too spanish :P

Legend !

Status
    ------------Casillas------------
    Maicon--Puyol--Pique--Evra
    --------Essien----Xavi--------
    Ronaldo----Iniesta----Messi
    ------------Torres------------

Subs: Buffon, Ramos, Ashley Cole, Mascherano, Robben, Sneijder, Drogba

First Team Player

Status

------------Neuer------------
    Maicon--Puyol--Lucio--Lahm
    ---Schweinsteiger--Xavi----
    Ronaldo----Iniesta----Messi
    ------------Rooney-----------

Subs: Casillas, Sergio Ramos/Dani Alves, Essien, Robben, Dzeko

Legend !

Status
    hmmmm tough to decide so many good players lol

----------- gomes-----------
    Corluka-king-dawson-bale
    lennon-huddleston-modric-ashley young
    --------defoe-suarez
    subs- David villa, messi, ronaldo,lucio, maicon, iniesta, crouch, rory delap LOL for crouch
    My dream team

Status
    I did this on another forum for the WC. I don't feel like filling out a new squad so i'll just post this. I saw some of them play, obviously not all. I would have Maradona and Cruyff switch periodically. We would destroy all!!

First Team Player

Status
    That 1ST post has to be one of the worst teams I have ever seen.Im not sure if your taking the micky but Carrick ahead of Zidane.Plus the 4/5 players that dont deserve to be there.For what its worth here is my team of the past 12 years or so:
    ---------------------------Casillas-----------------------------
    Cafu--------Nesta---------Cannavaro-----------Roberto Carlos

-------------Zidane-------Keane-------Xavi----------------

-Messi---------------------------------------------Ronaldinho

--------------------------Ronaldo---------------------------

Legend !

Status
    Casillas
    Miacon Pique Puyol A.Cole
    Messi Xavi Snieder Inniesta C.ronaldo
    Villa

Player in Training

Status
    ----------Iker----------
    Maicon Vidic King Bale
    -------Fab-----Xavi------
    Messi--Modric--Ribery
    ---------Drogba---------

First Team Player

Status
    --------- Schmeichel

Puyol ----- Stam ----- R.Carlos

------------- King (C)

Beckham --- Zidane --- Giggs

----Messi ----------- David Villa
    ------------ Ronaldo

Khan, C.Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cantona, Scholes, Henry, Lahm

Status
    What , no George Best ?

First Team Player

Status
    I was born in 92 and only put in players that I remember seeing playing live. For the ones that I can't recall playing live but I've seen some clips of or heard about my team would be:

-------------- Jennings

Bill Nick --- Slaven Bilic --- Beckenbaur

------------ Blanchflower (C)

--- Gazza --- Hoddle --- Ginola

------- Best ---------- Maradona
    --------------- Pele

Banks, Eusabio, Cruyff, Villa, Jairzinho, Moore, Van Basten/Klinsmann

Go on, have a go!
    Last edited by NI Yiddo; 02-09-2010 at 07:55 PM.

First Team Player

Status
    Big lack of Gascoigne in the thread

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter