Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    It seems that some of the adverts that are running are slowing down the site for some people, Ive contacted the advert people and they are working on the their server at 3pm EST so around 8PM tomorrow which will hopefully fix the problem.

BUT that got me thinking a little bit and i was wondering would anyone be interested in a premium membership to the forum ? It means that you would be moved into a group with a colour ( like the VIPS, Mod's etc have now ) which would be totally advert free , other perks like larger signature space and things like that ? Obviously if lots of people wanted to do that it would take a large chunk of advert revenue away from the forum so i was thinking something like 2 per month to be a premium member which i think is a reasonable price ?

At the moment its just an idea and to see if people would want to do it, if enough people were interested then i would put it into action. All money collected would go towards upgrades and monthly hosting costs.

Thoughts ?

THTV Donator

Status
    I'll be happy to pay it.

Would it mean that I could never be banned @RiverWire ?

talking in the wind

Status
    ill give you a tenner a month if i can ban heros and contrast lol

4. These users say thanks for this post

contrast (12-07-2011),donatorHeroes (12-07-2011),Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko (16-07-2011),tdw76 (15-07-2011)

Legend!

Status
    sounds good guv, BUT dont you think it might make you lose some of the people that advertise? at the mo they know that x amount of people see their adverts but if you do the premium site then the people that pay to advertise wont know how many people they are going out to which MIGHT make them think twice before parting with money

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    haha, No it would not mean immunity, Forum rules would still stand to everyone like it does at the moment.

Ire, im prepared to auction off bannings i joke i joke.

Bradders, No mate currently the forum uses an ad network of which the ads are served to us automatically regardless of how many people see it, plus the fact that 70% of the advert impressions on this site are actually made by guests not members, not necessarily our fans but all the trolls for other places, other fans etc all looking around the forum and actually paying for this place to run........nearly

7. These users say thanks for this post

bradders (13-07-2011),thfcire (12-07-2011)

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    I'd pay the 2 each month and get banned by Ire or Shady so I'll pass

9. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (12-07-2011)

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverWire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    haha, No it would not mean immunity, Forum rules would still stand to everyone like it does at the moment.

Ire, im prepared to auction off bannings i joke i joke.

Bradders, No mate currently the forum uses an ad network of which the ads are served to us automatically regardless of how many people see it, plus the fact that 70% of the advert impressions on this site are actually made by guests not members, not necessarily our fans but all the trolls for other places, other fans etc all looking around the forum and actually paying for this place to run........nearly
    Then I won't be interested.

Only kidding, still would. I do spend a lot of time on this forum so viewing this site without the adverts (dating sites?????) would be grand.

However, I wouldn't pay 2 a month to read @thfcire 's crap - will there be a super ignore option for premium users ?

11. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (12-07-2011)

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    haha, super ignore option .................

Contrast it would be setup via paypal subscriptions so at any point a member could cancel their monthly subscription and the forum would detect that stopped payment and demote them back to a normal member once their 2 month had run out etc .

So if someone was to be banned permanently they could cancel the sub at any time them selves. No need to contact me about it.

13. Who Thanked this post

tdw76 (15-07-2011)

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Ohhhhh I see, don't deny that it would be a possibility!!!

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ohhhhh I see, don't deny that it would be a possibility!!!
    you havent been warned in a while have you ? Are you getting nervous , ire hasnt banned anyone in a while either. Could be a bit of premature Banning going on if he doesnt ban get a score soon

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    I'd give it a shot dude.

THTV Donator

Status
    How about three tiers of premium membership, bronze, silver and gold?

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Still got a clean slate in regards to infractions, soooooo Ire will have to read my posts for a while yet!

Legend !

Status
    yeah im in no worries.

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    By the way . . . . they wouldn't be allowed in the VIP room that definitely does not exist would they?

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter