Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    First Team Player

Status
    For some reason, Keane is almost universally despised by Spurs fans, particularly the ones here. Defoe and Pav, over the last 2 years, have been almost universally loved. This despite neither of them coming anywhere close to matching what Keane has done for Spurs. Check out this profile:

Robbie Keane: 14 Years of a Legend Being Taken For Granted (Part 1) Back Page Football

I watched Keane over the last 2 months break the 50 goal mark with Ireland (hes on 51 in 108 games). Theres a chance that he will recover his confidence (as he did in 2006 when dropped to reserves by Jol) and start scoring again. Either way, i'd like to see him rightly referred to as a modern day Spurs legend and not constantly disparaged. Defoe and Pav dont belong in the same sentence as him. Sell Defoe and Pav, keep Keane and Crouch. This could be his come-back year

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    To old amd he has not been the same since his time with the dippers. He was ruined by the fat Spanish waiter.

3. These users say thanks for this post

Dustin (28-06-2011),thornton3 (22-06-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I agree...I love Keano - a bit less now than I did before his move to Liverpool, but I still do.

He is past it now though.

And trust me - Defoe and Pav are most certainly NOT universally loved!!

First Team Player

Status
    I'm one of the people who always tolerated Keane during his time here after he came back from L'pool and always believed in him, hoping he will find his best form again. I remember being so genuinely happy in the 09/10 season every time he scored, thinking he will start scoring again.
    But now, we simply cannot leave things to ifs and maybes anymore. We cannot hope anymore that some individual will find his best form again. We miss out on top 4 this season and that's it, it's over, it's hello again mid-table.
    That's why we must sell Keane now and get someone that we know can step up and score those goals. I won't lose any sleep if they decide to sell Defoe also, I don't want another dry spell from him.

I love and respect Robbie Keane, and I thank him for everything he's done at this club, but it's time to move on.

6. These users say thanks for this post

Chivalry (22-06-2011),edmonds44 (22-06-2011),Eduardo (02-07-2011),funkfish (22-06-2011),The Sundance Yid (22-06-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsseeker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we simply cannot leave things to ifs and maybes anymore. We cannot hope anymore that some individual will find his best form again. We miss out on top 4 this season and that's it, it's over, it's hello again mid-table.
    Epic truth, well said.

Isnt it a horrifying thought.

On topic, i adored keane. His name adorns my 125 shirt. but this broke my heart

listen to the first sentance of that vid
    Last edited by Chivalry; 22-06-2011 at 10:51 AM.

8. These users say thanks for this post

donatorModric, level 25 magician (22-06-2011),Natterlee (24-06-2011),Soulsseeker (22-06-2011),The Sundance Yid (22-06-2011),THFC-Addict (22-06-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I still consider Keane a Spurs legend. However, his time is up and he has to go.

jaws music hee hee

Status
    Keane WAS a legend. he's certainly not been anything close to one since he returned from the bindippers. I was more hurt by him leaving than by berbatov - at least we all knew that one was coming. I forgave keane and was so excited when he came back but he's never really been back to his best.

massive bellend according to bigdub

Status
    Will miss him so much, thanks to you Robbie and Berba.

Legend !

Status
    I enjoy watching Keane play, I think he is still the only skillful striker on the ball that we have, sadly he can't find the back of the net anymore so he needs to move on. Defoe can't score either and needs to go. I don't think its past people by as much as you may think zander but it appears selling our unwanted players isn't as easy as some expected. We may have to accept either Defoe or Keane, maybe even both will still be here in September, we'll just have to wait and see.

Legend !

Status
    He is a legend for Spurs but Liverpool did ruin him.. i mean since he's been back he hasn't been inform at all, he wasn't even able to start many games for West Ham, a team that was relegated, so he clearly isn't the player that is needed by our club, i want him to go to a team where he can play every game for his international benefit...

Legend !

Status
    I think you'll find most people don't like any of our strikers. For me, at this point, Keane isn't worth the wages or the hassle that comes along with having him in the squad. I'd wish him well in his future endeavors but I'm not going to shed a tear when he leaves us this time.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by zander1983 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For some reason, Keane is almost universally despised by Spurs fans, particularly the ones here. Defoe and Pav, over the last 2 years, have been almost universally loved.
    Mate this statement blew me away. Keane is not despised, he just frustrates a lot of spurs fans. As for Defoe and Pav, there are small sections who are in love with Pav even though he is lazy and over-rated and has all the strength of a wet twig. There are also small sections who still believe Defoe is world class and the best finisher in the game despite the last year proving otherwise. However they are still better than Keane who is past it. Spurs fans still love him, but its for the betterment of the club if he never wears the shirt again because he cannot live up to expectations.

I'll always be fond of Keane and I was in favor of giving him a testimonial until "I love liverpool they were my boyhood club." Then "I love Celtic they were my boyhood club" then "Its great to be back at tottenham, I've always felt a special affinity with the club."

Well next year he could be at a club like Nottingham Forest (he probs supported them as a boy to).

16. These users say thanks for this post

stroud_jm (23-06-2011),tdw76 (22-06-2011)

Legend !

Status
    that video that was posted actually makes pav look quite good :P Keano is a true legend and hes a gent as well i see him round my local area and he'll always say hello even when he's with his wife and kids shame he's not good enough now. I always think if he hadnt have left us for liverpool then he would go down as one of the clubs all time legends as he stuck with us even when we were ****e. Frankly i think his sale was actually the reason berbatov left as he saw we were going nowhere selling him.

First Team Player

Status
    that video makes me think that players managers come and go but we survive and unearth new stars.keane i lost alot of respect when he signed back for us! should of gone to villa or somewere or just laid in his bed he made

Legend !

Status
    Hes past it why cant you see that? posting up vids and dining out on his 'past' contributions for the club makes you seem like your happy to settle for mediocrity where as most sane fans can see hes a busted flush these, did you even watch his performancers for the hammers and the absolute sitters he missed some of them were pathetic.

His legs are gone and so has his clinical finishing, hes does well for the Paddies because the international game is a lot slower.

Wont be forgiven for leaving us for his other boyhood heros and then had the cheek to come back to Spurs and moan about his form at the club.

He was great first time around but he has togo in the summer, we do not want to see him next year in a Spurs shirt or we will fail.

20. Who Thanked this post

Enfield_spurs (22-06-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter