Register To Comment
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gio again

Legend !

Status
    Well I was just watching a radio show in Spanish were they showed an interview with Gio.

He sounded a bit displeased and confused he said that talks of his transfer had been going on for months and when he was at the brink of signing they stopped everything. So I really don't know what to make of it @BlueCrew LA you mentioned the bid was to low but tbh I don't know what to believe. Regardless he is grateful for the chance and will play apart from the confusion and being displeased he sounded enthusiastic.

BUT really think Redknapp will probably have a problem with the interview and likely not play him now knowing him. So what do you guys make of it?

First Team Player

Status
    So please explain this head scratching mystery.

Here's a player with raw talent. He starts a few games a couple of seasons ago. Gets injured. Harry doesn't like his attitude and late late nights. Gets farmed out to reserves and short term loan.

World Cup and what do you know - he turns out to be one of the players of the tournament. Lucky if he gets a start in the carling cup out on loan again. Transfer window just gone - lots of talk of him being sold for 9m. Never happens.

So now what? Why can't Harry work his supposedly amazing man management skills? This guy from what I've seen has the potential to be world class.

Also he plays the right wing/channel and would be a better choice than Lennon.

So why on earth is he not utilised? I'm seriously miffed.

massive bellend according to bigdub

Status
    I've always liked him, he could really make it hard for Lennon if he plays, I hope he gets a few games!

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeman1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So please explain this head scratching mystery.

Here's a player with raw talent. He starts a few games a couple of seasons ago. Gets injured. Harry doesn't like his attitude and late late nights. Gets farmed out to reserves and short term loan.

World Cup and what do you know - he turns out to be one of the players of the tournament. Lucky if he gets a start in the carling cup out on loan again. Transfer window just gone - lots of talk of him being sold for 9m. Never happens.

So now what? Why can't Harry work his supposedly amazing man management skills? This guy from what I've seen has the potential to be world class.

Also he plays the right wing/channel and would be a better choice than Lennon.

So why on earth is he not utilised? I'm seriously miffed.
    Maybe he now will.

massive bellend according to bigdub

Status
    Maybe because we never got another back-up for Lennon.
    Hopefully he is part of this seasons team!

Legend !

Status
    the reason is that harry has given him chance after chance but his head hasnt been in the right place, lennons playing better and when he's played for spurs he has been complete sh*te

7. These users say thanks for this post

aewallace81 (01-09-2011),Scarlotti (06-09-2011),spursman18 (02-09-2011)

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    :hopeless optimist alert:

Let's not forget that Bale almost went to Notts Forest on loan at one point. You never know, maybe Gio will up his game.

Legend !

Status
    Part of the issue is that I think GDS is one of those Central/South American flair players whose game is best suited to Spain rather than England. Part of it is that Harry isn't a very forgiving manager once you're in his dog house. Part of it is that GDS really has been out of control with the partying and drinking, from what I've heard. Add it all up and you get basically what we have today.

That said, if ever he had a chance to really come good at Spurs and show his quality, this is it. He, Pienaar, and Rafa are our only cover on the right. Pienaar is injury prone and if Rafa shifts right, then we need someone to cover for him in the hole. Niko can play that role but didn't look dynamic there against Bilbao. So GDS deserves a look, imo. He's shown flashes at Spurs. I remember an interchange between him and Bale against Villareal last year that was lovely. There's def. potential for him to thrive in that SS/CAM role or as cover on the right. The two people it's on are Harry and GDS. If GDS gets his head right and Harry forgets old disputes and gives him a chance (with our fitness record, he may not have much choice...) he may yet come good for us.

First Team Player

Status
    I honestly feel it is his own fault, he hasn't spent the last few years working his arse off just to not get a look in, he has been poncing around partying in Barcelona and other things that haven't come out in the media.

A few years ago, we had to call his parents over to try to get through to him, when have you ever heard that kind of thing happening to a professional footballer who has played for Barcelona and Spurs?

I was delighted when we signed him but he simply hasn't done himself justice, hopefully he sees that there is possibly a place for him to challenge now and he buckles down because as he shown for Mexico, he has a lot of talent.

11. Who Thanked this post

Scarlotti (06-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I really hope we get to see a bit more of him now that he's staying here.

Legend !

Status
    He couldn't get in front of Bentley and Bentley was borderline retarded.

Gio needs to take the bull by the horns, earn his spot in the first team, and play so well that Harry can't do anything but play him. Lennon has been crap recently so he has the perfect opportunity to step up.

Legend !

Status
    It might have something to do with him being a piss artist!

Status
    OK lets see if I can throw some light onto it .

After each Saturday game he would fly to Barcelona to party ( get out of his head ) with his best mate Ronaldhino . Instead of coming back on Sunday night he would come back on Monday morning and either be late or completely miss training . This used to upset not only 'Arry but also his team-mates . This would continue for months at a time .

One day last year early (3.00am) Monday morning he was stopped by the Police doing over 100mph (160KPH) on the Holloway Road ( limit 30 mph ) , he was completely drunk and with 2 hookers and heading in the opposite direction to his home . Carlos Vela was called by him to get him out , this meant that Vela was late for training too at Arsenal .

His constant drinking and non adherence to club rules has exasperated everyone at the club who feel that he is out of control and a bad influence on others .

Clear ?

16. These users say thanks for this post

edmonds44 (07-09-2011),Geeman1973 (02-09-2011),iwantpie (02-09-2011),JacoZA (02-09-2011),najt rajder (02-09-2011),Scarlotti (02-09-2011),tdw76 (02-09-2011),thfcire (03-09-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by USpur View Post
    He couldn't get in front of Bentley and Bentley was borderline retarded.
    Generous.

Harry's not the only one who has gotten frustrated with him in the past to be fair. Didn't Rijkaard lose it with him at Galatasaray?

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    OK lets see if I can throw some light onto it .

After each Saturday game he would fly to Barcelona to party ( get out of his head ) with his best mate Ronaldhino . Instead of coming back on Sunday night he would come back on Monday morning and either be late or completely miss training . This used to upset not only 'Arry but also his team-mates . This would continue for months at a time .

One day last year early (3.00am) Monday morning he was stopped by the Police doing over 100mph (160KPH) on the Holloway Road ( limit 30 mph ) , he was completely drunk and with 2 hookers and heading in the opposite direction to his home . Carlos Vela was called by him to get him out , this meant that Vela was late for training too at Arsenal .

His constant drinking and non adherence to club rules has exasperated everyone at the club who feel that he is out of control and a bad influence on others .

Clear ?

He lives the life I'd aspire to.....but I wouldn't expect to be a first choice in a Premier League side!!!!

How does he pull it all together for his international appearances for Mexico?????????????

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter