Register To Comment

Status
    After some discussion last night it was agreed that we should let everyone vent all their feelings after a particularly difficult night for all concerned .

To be honest most of us were very well behaved toward those who's views we don't share , although there were the occasional blips we let them all slide .

From now on though we will start to edit out any stuff we feel is not right - you all know exactly what we mean .

Please don't make our jobs harder than they are , the sheer weight of postings last night totally overwhelmed the forum and nearly overwhelmed us mods too .

Have a great day all of you .

2. These users say thanks for this post

edmonds44 (06-04-2011),Fatboyyid (06-04-2011),donatorHeroes (06-04-2011),Merseytott (06-04-2011)

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Rev do you think my suggestion last night that on match days no new threads can be started without prior approval meaning less work for the mods?

4. Who Thanked this post

Rev John Ripsher (07-04-2011)

Status
    Ummmmmm.......... In truth it can get a bit emotional around here but that only goes to prove the love we have for our team .

Big night , big emotions ......... it was decided to let it run without editing although I had by that time already closed a couple of threads .

The only thing that really bothers me is that some of the emotional hatred gets a bit out of hand , that and the fact that so many people start threads without searching just to make sure that their view / opinion doesn't get lost . Apart from that , everything is cool .

6. Who Thanked this post

Fatboyyid (06-04-2011)

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    It is annoying when I put my phone down for 5 mins then pick it back up and there are several threads about the same player.

You could have the official match thread as normal and an official player/manager slag off well done thread then all other threads have to be approved by a mod meaning if someone wants to slate a player and decided they wanted to start a new thread it can be nipped in the bud early.

Just thinking of you mods

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Deffo the right thing to do last night. Though, I thought I behaved myself!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought I behaved myself!
    @contrast .... REALLY ? you were going to be banned forever and a day last night , it was YOU we had in mind !!!!!!!!

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Pahaha. There was a few times where I genuinely almost made a lifetime ban type of post when I read some of the things on here.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    Pahaha. There was a few times where I genuinely almost made a lifetime ban type of post when I read some of the things on here.
    Yeah , we know . There was a lot of behind the scenes discussion about just how far we should let it go .

TBH mate it was all over the place . A big night for emotions .

Legend !

Status
    Perhaps you should consider making 3 official threads per match, like quite a few other forums do. One for pre-match chat, one for in-match chat, and one for post-match chat/reactions. I think it would save on a lot of new threads being created if people just vented in one particular thread

13. Who Thanked this post

Fatboyyid (06-04-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CmonyouSpurs View Post
    Perhaps you should consider making 3 official threads per match, like quite a few other forums do. One for pre-match chat, one for in-match chat, and one for post-match chat/reactions. I think it would save on a lot of new threads being created if people just vented in one particular thread
    @CmonyouSpurs Good idea mate , in fact it is such a good idea I am going to put it forward to the other mods as my own !!!!

15. Who Thanked this post

CmonyouSpurs (06-04-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I get very sick of the knee jerker reactions of (usually the same) posters, but I would rather more than 3 threads because often when there is only one or two threads for something 2 things happen: 1. There are like 8+ pages of posts and so 90 percent of the people do not read all the posts and we just argue about the same things over and over again. And 2. sometimes we want to discuss particular points about a game, for instance a particular bit of tactics, and if that does not have its own separate thread an indepth discussion is completely sidetracked and lost.

But I don't know, I am refraining from posting more and more on match days just cause I am sick of the negative biased attitudes of a few posters.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I get very sick of the knee jerker reactions of (usually the same) posters, but I would rather more than 3 threads because often when there is only one or two threads for something 2 things happen: 1. There are like 8+ pages of posts and so 90 percent of the people do not read all the posts and we just argue about the same things over and over again. And 2. sometimes we want to discuss particular points about a game, for instance a particular bit of tactics, and if that does not have its own separate thread an indepth discussion is completely sidetracked and lost.

But I don't know, I am refraining from posting more and more on match days just cause I am sick of the negative biased attitudes of a few posters.
    TBH @Dustin we all have things that push our buttons and being a very loyal supporter that you are I guess those other attitudes are your combo

18. Who Thanked this post

Dustin (07-04-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter