Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

THTV Donator

Status
    Sky Sports | Tottenham Hotspur News | Football | Premier League | Rafael keen on Hamburg return

Hopefully, after more time he can feel the same attachment to us and see out his career here

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Some things are better off not aid.

3. Who Thanked this post

Luke0405 (24-11-2010)

Legend !

Status
    I hate sky sports they lie so much....

This interview on sky sports is so wrong!!!!

At least the translation.....

I know it because I've seen the whole interview he gave it to the "kicker" a german newspaper and he talked in german.

I will translate it correctly.

First of all they talked about how he feels in tottenham etc etc and how the deal went with tottenham he said he got phoned just before transfer period was over and had 20 minutes to decide and he doesnt regret the decision at any point.

then he got asked by the newspaper could u imagine to ever play in the bundesliga again?
    "Right now not I am really happy at tottenham but as you know in football you never know what can happen , everything goes so fast"
    "My heart will always be with HSV hamburg"

Thats totally normal to say that you could imagine to play in hamburg again since he was always welcomed there.

What would you say? Everyone would say it! thats totally normal.

He never said he wants to return to hamburg he only said in football you never know what can happen.
    This interview is totally well done by vdv as hes right in football you never know people say one day they can imagine to play their whole life for this club then in another day they wanna move as quick as possible away from it.
    You never know really what can happen, good thing is he doesnt make promises as 99% of the promises are always wrong.

5. These users say thanks for this post

Berbatov (24-11-2010),charlotterio (09-01-2011),Dustin (30-11-2010),donatorEighteen82 (23-11-2010),thfcire (23-11-2010)

Legend !

Status
    They can have him once he turns 35.

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ThUgBeAtZ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate sky sports they lie so much....

This interview on sky sports is so wrong!!!!

At least the translation.....

I know it because I've seen the whole interview he gave it to the "kicker" a german newspaper and he talked in german.

I will translate it correctly.

First of all they talked about how he feels in tottenham etc etc and how the deal went with tottenham he said he got phoned just before transfer period was over and had 20 minutes to decide and he doesnt regret the decision at any point.

then he got asked by the newspaper could u imagine to ever play in the bundesliga again?
    "Right now not I am really happy at tottenham but as you know in football you never know what can happen , everything goes so fast"
    "My heart will always be with HSV hamburg"

Thats totally normal to say that you could imagine to play in hamburg again since he was always welcomed there.

What would you say? Everyone would say it! thats totally normal.

He never said he wants to return to hamburg he only said in football you never know what can happen.
    This interview is totally well done by vdv as hes right in football you never know people say one day they can imagine to play their whole life for this club then in another day they wanna move as quick as possible away from it.
    You never know really what can happen, good thing is he doesnt make promises as 99% of the promises are always wrong.
    Cheers for that Thug, was hoping it got lost in translation somewhere!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Eighteen82 View Post
    Cheers for that Thug, was hoping it got lost in translation somewhere!
    newspapers are horrible arent they mate!

U get asked a question by someone like " could u imagine to play in the spanish league for barcelona ?"
    then some footballer answers "i am really happy at my club I would stay the whole life here if they want me but in football you never know what can happen"

Then the title of this interview is "BLA BLA BLA WANTS TO MOVE TO BARCELONA"

thats how media is.... its terrible.

Legend !

Status
    He has at most one more big move before he returns to Ajax to see out his last years of his career.

Unless something drastically changes at Madrid I can't see him going back there. He stated he would never play for another Spanish club. Hopefully he develops that type of bond here.

As long as we resist offers from English teams for him, I don't think any of the German or italian clubs can afford the price that levy will stick on him.

Legend !

Status
    Out Ripped and Heart comes to mind

I much prefer you're interpretation Thug.
    Last edited by Luke0405; 24-11-2010 at 08:14 AM.

Status
    It was completely taken out of context......as Thug said it was worded around a different way

VIP Member

Status
    In the build up to a game against a GERMAN team, a GERMAN reporter asks Rafa about whether he will one day return to GERMANY, perhaps for Hamburg. OF course their media, seeing Rafa playing so well, are going to want to be able to say that he wants to come back to the Bundesliga. On top of that, Rafael is never going to say that he will never step foot in Hamburg again, is he?

The interview was not in English either, so stuff does get twisted in translation also.

Somehow the Sky Sports report claims that Rafa only did not go to Hamburg in the summer because the finances were not quite right to initiate the move - how the hell would he know that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hamburg & several other German teams try to buy him last summer & the summer before & he repeatedly said that he does not want to go back to the Bundesliga. When he came to Spurs he said that he has been wanting to come to the Premier League for most of his career, why would he consider going to the Bundesliga now?

Who knows what will happen in 3 years time? Maybe Rafa will want to go to Hamburg but, then again, maybe Spurs will have won the Premier League & be looking at a historic treble.

I'm sure he does still have a place in his heart for Hamburg & maybe he will go back one day, but it'll be at the tail end of his career when he is 34 or something &, even then, I would imagine that he would want a return to Ajax ahead of a return to Hamburg.

This is just the German press trying to convince themselves that the best player in the Premier League is dreaming of the Bundesliga. Quite clearly tho it is they who are dreaming.

13. Who Thanked this post

spursman18 (24-11-2010)

Player in Training

Status
    The media always stirring things up. I totally agree it is normal to say you may want to go back at some point.
    Judging by the way he's playing for us though and the appreciation us yids are showing him, I don't think it'll be long before he starts saying he wants to spend the rest of his career at the lane

First Team Player

Status
    Well said Basskadet, exactly what i was thinking.
    Now let's all do the conga....................the scum has lost again.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by basskadet View Post
    In the build up to a game against a GERMAN team, a GERMAN reporter asks Rafa about whether he will one day return to GERMANY, perhaps for Hamburg. OF course their media, seeing Rafa playing so well, are going to want to be able to say that he wants to come back to the Bundesliga. On top of that, Rafael is never going to say that he will never step foot in Hamburg again, is he?

The interview was not in English either, so stuff does get twisted in translation also.

Somehow the Sky Sports report claims that Rafa only did not go to Hamburg in the summer because the finances were not quite right to initiate the move - how the hell would he know that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hamburg & several other German teams try to buy him last summer & the summer before & he repeatedly said that he does not want to go back to the Bundesliga. When he came to Spurs he said that he has been wanting to come to the Premier League for most of his career, why would he consider going to the Bundesliga now?

Who knows what will happen in 3 years time? Maybe Rafa will want to go to Hamburg but, then again, maybe Spurs will have won the Premier League & be looking at a historic treble.

I'm sure he does still have a place in his heart for Hamburg & maybe he will go back one day, but it'll be at the tail end of his career when he is 34 or something &, even then, I would imagine that he would want a return to Ajax ahead of a return to Hamburg.

This is just the German press trying to convince themselves that the best player in the Premier League is dreaming of the Bundesliga. Quite clearly tho it is they who are dreaming.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Absolutely bang on the money

I bet if you asked 100 footballers the same question the replies would be the similar.....

I cant see him saying "Nah fook off, Im Spurs through and through now & will stay here until I retire, besides Hamburg are a bunch of sausage eating mutter fickers"......its rare to hear a player say anything like that nowadays?

Not only that ......he is a legend here already, fan adoration is what footballers crave, it motivates them, gives them confidence.....he would be a proper daft fooker if he walked during the most triumphant phase of his career so far without milking it for all its worth for a few years. But then again you never know in this game eh?

First Team Player

Status
    no no no no. in the german "kicker magazine" he only said that he'd have been lucky if he could have moved to Hamburg in summer(correct tenses?!). In fact, things went different and he landed here and now he is very happy here. He also said that it wasn't a step back but a step forward. He's loving the club, so there will be no return. The doors in Hamburg are always open for him. So I guess he's moving there at the end of his career.

First Team Player

Status
    It is a little off the topic but I was wondering:

Isn't Hamburger SV the local rivals to Werder Bremen?

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter