Register To Comment
    VIP Member

Status
    Bordeaux are now 9 POINTS off Lyon! They've had it!

Despite it being away, Bordeaux had the ideal opportunity to close the gap on the league leaders. I have to say that Monsieur Blanc has to take some blame for his starting line-up, I have no idea what he was thinking playing such a negative formation. That being said Girondins started by far the superior but because Laurent had left both his goalscorers on the bench, Bordeaux just could not stick it in the net!

It was soooo frustrating. He played with Chamakh as a lone striker. Chamakh is a good player but needs someone playing off him as he is not your typical goalscorer. As such Bordeaux managed to manufacture some decent opportunities but there was nobody actually capable of finishing it off.

Lyon, on the other hand, did have the ideal finisher in Benzema. Bordeaux had kept him quite for the best part of half an hour but virtually his second touch of the ball Benzema found himself thru on goal &, of course, stuck it away!

Not long after & Kallstrom had made it 2, altho slightly fortuitously. This is where Bordeaux really became frustrating. By the time the second half had kicked off they just looked defeated. Wendel had a great opportunity to pull one back but completely missed the target & you could see their heads drop. I found myself screaming at Laurent to get a striker on! What's the point in playing the most important game of your season with your top scorer on the bench? Ridiculous! Just before the hour he saw sense & brought on Cavenaghi but it was way too late.

It was the most shocking midfield display I've ever seen & you had to feel for Cavenaghi & Chamakh who were working their socks off & dropping deeper & deeper to get involved only for the midfield to completely ignore them! There were so many times when they had worked space for themselves & there was easy, obvious passes that would see them thru only for the midfield to try a pointless effort from 30yds that was nowhere near! You could see Cav's frustration as he flung his arms around & I don't blame him! Very, VERY poor from a team that has impressed so far this year.

Anyway, Cavenaghi still managed to get his goal despite the best efforts of his own midfield! Credit where credit's due, it was a great ball into the box but Cav just can't stop scoring! He gets a goal every game! He's now on 8 in 14 & he didn't even start today. He could easily have had a couple more as he twice found himself thru on goal only to be pulled back for offside unfairly. The first it was Bellion who was off but you could argue was inactive, while Cav had run thru from deep & was well onside. The second he was level but it could've gone either way, so he was unlucky!

Once again tho, he proved that he is a great striker at the top of his game & I really, REALLY hope we're taking a serious look at him for a January move.

He offers something extra that would definitely make a difference at Spurs.

2. Who Thanked this post

MyGoula (17-11-2008)

Legend !

Status
    i watched the last few minutes just because of u and ure man crush on him but this will be seen by more people if u put it in the transfer news section along with all of ure other love letter to Cavenghi

VIP Member

Status
    I do support Bordeaux in Ligue 1 (well, they're my favourite French team cos I used to holiday there when I was a kid) & have done for about 2 years (since I got Setanta basically & hence why I follow Cavenaghi) tho so that's why I posted it here, I wasn't really referring to any transfer links.

It was a really important game for Girondins but Laurent really screwed up his selection in my opinion. Cavenaghi is our top-scorer & is the joint 2nd highest scorer in the whole league, just 1 behind Benzema! So Blanc starts him on the bench for their most important game of the season!?! I can only guess that, being away from home, he wanted to stifle Lyon & stop them scoring but that tactic is flawed as soon as they went 1 up.

I was getting REALLY frustrated by Girondins approach (particularly second half) which is why I got so carried away when Cav just did it again! Wendel & Gourcuff are 2 of our most creative midfielders but they looked as tho they had completely given up & were being so wasteful. Cav is unstoppable at the moment & if he (or even Bellion) had started then the outcome might've been so different cos we was all over Lyon in the first half.

I don't really have a Spanish side as I've never really been to Spain & I support A.C. Siena in Italy who aren't doing too great in Serie A at the mo & definitely don't have any players I'd love to see at Spurs so that's why I don't go on about them so much! Maccarone is possibly our best striker (yes the one that used to play for Boro!) so you get my point!
    Last edited by basskadet; 17-11-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter