Register To Comment
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    First Team Player

Status
    Guys I am tottenham born and bred, and after walking around this morning and seeing the full damage that has been done I cant help wonder will the game on saturday vs Everton be cancelled for obvious reasons.

The extent of the damage along the high road from the old british legion (seven sisters end) right the way down passed WHL is beyond belief, with the potential for buildings to collapse I wonder will the police and the London Fire service have the resources available and maybe advise Tottenham that 36,000 people in town on saturday will be a bad idea, thats ofcourse assuming the rioting stops ???

Also i cant help but think what the affect last night could have on any potential signings, can you imagine a player like Llorente telling his wife ... its london what a beautiful city, then putting on skynews and see the carnage in tottenham. i guess we all know what her answer would be.

Your thoughts would be fully appreciated

Status
    Our ground is an oasis of calm and there are hundreds of security and police there .

BTW league games are NEVER cancelled , they are postponed .

First Team Player

Status
    Sorry Rev but have you seen the full extent of the damage ???? on TV maybe but in person ???? loads od police and security ..... dont make me laugh !!!

hey you guys

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...BTW league games are NEVER cancelled , they are postponed .
    That might be what he meant.

Legend !

Status
    i'm sure if llorente did sign he wouldn't live that near whl. But it might be another excuse for harry to use as why we haven't effing signed anyone.

Legend !

Status
    Yeh I've heared that it could be cancelled, but I reckon we will have to see how things go this week and if there is any more trouble.....

Legend !

Status
    I'm fairly confident It will go ahead, but you never know, theres always a possibility.

First Team Player

Status
    could they switch the game to at everton and then the game that is suppose to be at everton be our home game??

First Team Player

Status
    Can't they just move it to everton's ground?

Surely thats the simple option!

THTV Donator

Status
    I dont think Liverpool and Everton are allowed to play at home on the same day - they wouldn't simply flick the fixture anyway for logistical reasons it would be play at WHL or postpone.

I doubt they will cancel it but I think there is a big call for doing so. I cant imagine how bad the trip away fom the ground would be if people couldnt walk up the high street to Seven Sisters so I dont think you can close off the damaged area and if anyone fancies some more rioting next saturday it would be a nightare with 30,000 potential vigilanty spurs fans mixed into the equation.

Status
    Tottenham fear riots could affect Everton match | Mail Online

Tottenham must wait to hear if the club’s Premier League kick-off at home to Everton on Saturday will be postponed after riots in the area.
    White Hart Lane is less than a mile from Tottenham Police Station, where around 300 people gathered from 5.30pm on Saturday to protest over the fatal shooting of Mark Duggan, 29.
    The demonstration was trouble-free until around 8.20pm, when two police cars were attacked on High Road.

Buildings and cars were then set alight, 48 people were arrested and eight police officers taken to hospital.
    The Metropolitan Police are ‘aware’ further disorder is being planned on sites such as Twitter.
    Tottenham cancelled stadium tours of White Hart Lane for Sunday and Monday ‘due to safety reasons’.

The Spurs Megastore was closed and the ticket office in Park Lane, to the south of the ground, will not open until Wednesday.
    The club intend to operate a counter service from the matchday ticket windows in Paxton Road between 9.30am and 5pm on Monday and Tuesday.

12. Who Thanked this post

markyboy (08-08-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    I can say for sure that switching the match to Goodison unfortunately isnt going to be an option because Liverpool are playing Sunderland on the same weekend, and because of the close proximity of our grounds we're not allowed to play at home on the same weekend. So if the police say you cant go ahead with the match at your place this weekend then it'll be postponed.

14. Who Thanked this post

spursman18 (07-08-2011)

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyvw View Post
    i'm sure if llorente did sign he wouldn't live that near whl. But it might be another excuse for harry to use as why we haven't effing signed anyone.
    With all the looting going on it must give us an even better chance of us signing Rooney, given he's from Liverpool.

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    So basically, we'll be bottom of the EPL next weekend. Juande Ramos here we come.

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivron View Post
    So basically, we'll be bottom of the EPL next weekend. Juande Ramos here we come.
    Na, surely some teams will lose and have negative goal difference.

Mid-table mediocrity, here we come again!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter