Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Bentley

  1. #1
    Mabbsy's Avatar
    i know things i do

    Status
    Offline
    Dont know what hes done to upset the gaffa....but hes training with the kids today


  2. #2
    Musashi's Avatar
    Legend !

    Status
    Offline
    Must be something along the lines as this eh?


  3. #3
    ShaneOMac's Avatar
    First Team Player

    Status
    Online
    Between this and being handed the SHAMEFUL number of 38, Bentley isn't exactly flavour of the month.

  4. #4
    USpur's Avatar
    Legend !

    Status
    Offline
    I'm guessing he is blocking a move and this is his punishment. Harry likely won't use a squad spot on him so why bother playing him with the first team?

  5. #5
    Poacher's Avatar
    Player in Training

    Status
    Offline
    Bentley is just being kept fit and not risked injury-wise, as he's in the departure lounge. So not at all suprised he's been kept away from the grown-ups.

  6. #6
    dave5150's Avatar
    Player in Training

    Status
    Online
    Hutton trained with the kids as well.
    Massimo tweeted about it this morning and swiftly deleted it after Ryan Mason told him "you don't tweet that stuff u bellend lol"

  7. #7
    IH8GOONS's Avatar
    Legend !

    Status
    Offline
    I hope someone wants him

    BTW why is this in the ITK thread?

  8. #8
    dave5150's Avatar
    Player in Training

    Status
    Online
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8GOONS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW why is this in the ITK thread?
    I wondered that but, with it being my first post, wondered if I was missing some subtle reason... Clearly not and it's more in the open than in the know...

  9. #9
    spursman18's Avatar
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8GOONS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope someone wants him

    BTW why is this in the ITK thread?
    Given that the info he's provided is somewhat ITK I believe thats why he's posted it in the section.

  10. #10
    ShaneOMac's Avatar
    First Team Player

    Status
    Online
    Imagine if the Premier League had a waiver draft like with MLS. Like all the people not included within the first team are automatically released for other teams to pick up. Of course this would need some tweaking to avoid HUGE haemorraging of money out of clubs but I think out of all the weird MLS quirks, this is the one I like most.

  11. #11
    grottim's Avatar
    Legend !

    Status
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneOMac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine if the Premier League had a waiver draft like with MLS. Like all the people not included within the first team are automatically released for other teams to pick up. Of course this would need some tweaking to avoid HUGE haemorraging of money out of clubs but I think out of all the weird MLS quirks, this is the one I like most.
    would lead to widespread player unemployment in the lower leagues.

  12. #12
    ShaneOMac's Avatar
    First Team Player

    Status
    Online
    Quote Originally Posted by 05grottim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    would lead to widespread player unemployment in the lower leagues.
    Well yeah I meant in the Premier League only but I see your point.

  13. #13
    stroud_jm's Avatar
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneOMac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine if the Premier League had a waiver draft like with MLS. Like all the people not included within the first team are automatically released for other teams to pick up. Of course this would need some tweaking to avoid HUGE haemorraging of money out of clubs but I think out of all the weird MLS quirks, this is the one I like most.
    It's more of a US sports quirk, especially important in American football and baseball, which are so specialized position-wise that a player who doesn't fit one team is likely to fit the needs of another, and get picked up. Of course, it wouldn't work in English football.

    Anyway, the Bentley situation needs to get resolved, he's a bit of a plank IMO, but surely he could do some good for someone, and he's just one of several millstones round our club's neck right now.

  14. #14
    Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko's Avatar
    Legend !

    Status
    Offline
    I am actually very annoyed with how they are treating David Bentley.

    It disgusts me how they take his squad number and then downgrade him to playing with the wieners.

    For god sake like, I know he's been a flop but come on.

  15. #15
    grottim's Avatar
    Legend !

    Status
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am actually very annoyed with how they are treating David Bentley.

    It disgusts me how they take his squad number and then downgrade him to playing with the wieners.

    For god sake like, I know he's been a flop but come on.
    i think he's had words with harry. Also as he's not in the europa league squad could that have something to do with it.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter