Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    [Update 271] The Journalist
    Villa have booked BMI Medical Centre for Wednesday. N’Zogbia expected but they have booked it all day which suggestsothers will take place. Also have conference room booked at Belfry to entertain guests.
    Hutton, Jenas and Crouch definitely wanted. Combined bid is only just over £15million. Bid has not been accepted, negotiations ongoing, but permission given to speak to players. Worried Jenas will be the most unwilling, so will offer him a shorter contract.

Status
    Is there an echo in here ?

Hasn't this been posted in the ITK thread ?

Legend !

Status
    15 million? Ok... i would even accept less than that
    But we will probably get even 17,18M if this happens.

Legend !

Status
    15 for hutton 0 for jj 0 for crouch sounds about right

Legend !

Status
    Cant see it to be honest! There is no way that levy will take such a big hit from the prices that we paid.....

Legend !

Status
    Hmmm... as much as I would be happy to see those three go £15m seems a little light. I would think that Crouch would be at least £8m of that which would put Jenas and Hutton at £7m combined? Maybe that's not so bad. I think I'd take it just to get them out of the door and off the wage bill but Levy won't want to take that much of a hit on them I bet. Closer to £20m might do it though.

Legend !

Status
    £15mil doesn't seem like a lot for 3 players, but I'd happily take it to clear some of the dead wood and free up some wages. Hopefully Levy can work some magic and get a good deal done so we can start moving forward on deals for the quality players we need. Crouch has looked really poor in pre-season so far (in my opinion) and I've never really rated Hutton and Jenas so I hope they go before the new season starts.

Legend !

Status
    I'd prefer more than 15, but if that's what we have to take to free up the wage space, clear out the dead wood, and get this window going in earnest, I'd take it. You figure 8-10 for Crouch, 2-4 for Jenas, and 2-4 for Hutton... 15 isn't terrible. But yes, closer to 20 would be preferred. That said, if we waste two weeks haggling over the price for these three, I'll be rather annoyed...

Legend !

Status
    Well crouch has been quoted at £9m, so that means Hutton and Jenas combined are £6m? I'd rather tale 18m for 3 of them, but hey, time is money and tbh getting them to leave is something that HAS to happen. But I can't see levy taking such a low offer.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well crouch has been quoted at £9m, so that means Hutton and Jenas combined are £6m? I'd rather tale 18m for 3 of them, but hey, time is money and tbh getting them to leave is something that HAS to happen. But I can't see levy taking such a low offer.
    This...

We can't really afford for this to drag on....try and get 1 or 2 million more maybe but if it's not done within the next week, just take it!

11. These users say thanks for this post

AmericanHotspur (26-07-2011),ctw01 (26-07-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Levy would never accept 15m for that lot. Nudge it up to 20m and were good to go. They've just made a crap-tonne of money from selling Downing and Young. At least 40 million so we know they have a bit of spare cash laying around.

Levy is many things but he is not a fool.

Player in Training

Status
    This is bollocks imo.. Crouch used to be at Villa before and I don't see him going back there (they have said they aren't after a striker anyway nor do they need him as Delfouneso or w/e his name is can barely get a game there).. Whilst they are after Hutton (This bit is true btw) I do not think they are after Jenas at all imo.

Whilst we'd love the £15m I think it's fair to say that is rubbish.

Status
    If that's the best we can get, just take it ffs.

I'm all for getting the best deal and I would prefer £20m but we need to move those players quickly.

15. These users say thanks for this post

jesco29 (26-07-2011),Reserrved (26-07-2011),TheSpurEST (26-07-2011),ToDareIsToDo (26-07-2011),XRated (26-07-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Hmm....out of the three of them iv probably got Jenas' package.

First Team Player

Status
    1. Dont think HR wonts to get rid of Crouch
    2. Think Jenas is a great back up for midfield. He rarely gets games, and you dont hear a pip out of him, and he is known to have a good game. Dont see anyone of his "quolity" being prepared to sit on a bench.
    3. Hutton, dont need him in current setup.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter