Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Becks

i know things i do

Status
    Those who didnt like the Cole news should probably look away now.

The Beckham circus is coming to town. Boys enrolled in same Herts school as their cousins today.

Nothing like investing in youth

Thats all for now.

Mabbsy. xx

Legend !

Status
    Cole is ****. Becks is class. How can you mention them in the same breath?

Legend !

Status
    be happy with becks, harry said that he wants to get him on board. Plus wont hurt the profile of the club around the world.

4. Who Thanked this post

MagnaThor (18-07-2011)

THTV Donator

Status
    Well, as much as he is would not be the long term future of the club, I would rather have Beckham than Cole, doubt he would expect to play whole games and has things to offer that the team lacks at the moment (experience, dead ball skills).

Legend !

Status
    Lots of shirt sales, that's for sure. And he still can strike a dead ball with accuracy few can rival.
    Plus, I think he knows he wouldn't be first-choice but it would be great to have him here. Much better signing than Joe Cole.

Legend !

Status
    Beckham would be a fantastic impact sub to have. I know you were kidding about the investing in youth line, but actually this could do our youth players a world of good working with someone like Beckham.

Plus, he'd bring quite a bit of extra cash the clubs way. Like said earlier, would raise the profile of the club worldwide.

I'd be fine with Beckham coming in, but again, its all meaningless unless we sign that quality striker we clearly need.

Legend !

Status
    Harry's thinking: Perfect compliment to our best striker Crouch

9. These users say thanks for this post

Hidden (19-07-2011),MagnaThor (18-07-2011)

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    First Cole, now Beckham. I haven't been this excited since I last lit the budgie's farts.

11. These users say thanks for this post

bradders (19-07-2011),Roscono3 (18-07-2011),shotguncollins (18-07-2011),thfcire (18-07-2011)

Legend !

Status
    joe cole in his best is 100x footballer of david beckham. beckham only freekicks and cross, no movement, no dribble, no great talent. joe cole if he can return to the best level is one of england best players of the last decade. at least he has maybe a few years left beckham will only become terrible

13. Who Thanked this post

MagnaThor (18-07-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Signing Beckham is worth the money solely for the work he will put in with Lennon and to a lesser extent Walker. Joe Cole is nothing but a money hungry over-the-hiller who provides nothing we don't already have in the midfield while taking a massive chunk of wages. At least Beckham could be an impact sub towards the end of a match for a free kick or a corner. Further, Beckham is a worldwide brand that could help us in all markets.

15. Who Thanked this post

AmericanHotspur (18-07-2011)

Legend !

Status
    this time last season I would have said Joe Cole all day long, but after he snubbed us for more money at liverpool I don't want that money grabbing d*ck anywhere near our club...

Beckham in other hand (although moved to LA for money, thats what i think anyway) brings so much to our team... would be a fantastic 20-25min impact sub or to play in the Europa League...

but he wouldn't generate that much income with shirt sales etc... as we will be paying him 60k a week i would have thought so thats a lot of shirts to sell in a week!

Legend !

Status
    We will have this dinosaur park up and running in no time lads.

18. These users say thanks for this post

Joshcorey (21-07-2011),Roscono3 (18-07-2011),Spurs for Life (18-07-2011),thfcire (18-07-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Not a Beckham fan but if it stops VDV taking the free kicks then yeah!

20. Who Thanked this post

jesco29 (18-07-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Watched Becks against Madrid the other day. He still delivers the ball with pinpoint accuracy. Remains the best in the world at cross field passes and long balls IMO. Would be very happy to bring him on board.

First Team Player

Status
    Sorry for stupid question, but why would Becham go to us, if we offer so little wages compared to his earlier earnings ?

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter