Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    God, I hate myself for even asking; but what in the samhill is this **** supposed to mean?

[Update 232] storts re:Goals from the Side
    Who:storts
    When: 14/07/11
    Where: SC

Quote:
    Gfts

Some of these guys really do take the piss.

jaws music hee hee

Status
    it means we arent getting any strikers capable of scoring, so we're going to play with 4 wingers instead

Status
    Inverted winger.

I think he wants us to think Hulk but it probably be someone less quality, Vucinic.

Status
    P.S. If it's Vucinic there's no reason to be secretive. Everyone and their momma knows we're interested in him.

Legend !

Status
    Goals from the side- goal-scoring winger. And since out&out wingers like Lennon and Bale don't score much, like BlueCrew said it's gonna be an inverted one.
    We were linked with Xherdan Shaqiri today, he fits the bill?

Legend !

Status
    Here's a nice article about inverted wingers and the tactical advantages. Good read.

Featured Term: Inverted Winger | The Future is Strikerless

Player in Training

Status
    Could be about Beckham maybe? He just scored off a corner, from the corner that is, a few days ago. Idk, I am probably wrong.

Legend !

Status
    Goals from the side? Hmmm... Gareth Bale?

Oh noes!!!! Bale is leaving!!!!!

Seriously..............

Legend !

Status
    Yeah, I figured it was a statement that we weren't looking for an out-and-out striker but hoped somebody might be able to translate it into something more tangible. Basically, we could sign one of 50 different players and this guy could claim it was who he was talking about. Worse than useless.

Maybe it means we're signing Rory Delap.

10. Who Thanked this post

Joshcorey (15-07-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter