Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Update 23] Roger Morgan - Distin
    Roger Morgan on SO

Quote:
    We have made an enquiry. Has one year left on his Everton deal. Wanted as reliable cover. Cheap stop-gap. We also like Samba but Arsenal are in for him too and are more likely to pay asking price of around 10m.

If we are after one of these 2 like ITK says it would be fooking awesome.

Distin is for me one of the best defenders in the premier league.
    I see a ledley King in him as much as I see somewhere A ledley king in Samba from blackburn.

Both are great defenders and great leaders.

Distin I believe has been voted EVERTONS best player this season.

I wouldnt mind any of these 2 . Just class both.

But like the other ITK says if we sign either of them it will hold our youngsters back like caulker.

But gallas is pretty old..... and king is fooked everytime.

Kaboul is a great backup but to have Kaboul and Distin/Samba as backup would improve our squad even more.

I would take any of these 2.

2. Who Thanked this post

Dustin (18-05-2011)

Status
    This is the sort of player I was referring to in my James Tomkins post, a cheap reliable CB is what we will go after......not the 15-20 million Gary Cahill etc.

Either would provide great cover, Samba is the better of the two but I'd be happy with Distin in our squad. For me he's better than Bassong so it'll be an upgrade to us if we do sign him.
    Last edited by spursman18; 18-05-2011 at 06:49 PM.

4. Who Thanked this post

Audere est Facere (18-05-2011)

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    I actually agree thugz.

Distin has proved time and time again he is actually a very good defender.

Samba is just a beast but I can't see venkys selling their captain.

6. Who Thanked this post

Audere est Facere (18-05-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the sort of player I was referring to in my James Tomkins post, a cheap reliable CB is what will go after......not the 15-20 million Gary Cahill etc.

Either would provide great cover, Samba is the better of the two but I'd be happy with Distin in our squad. For me he's better than Bassong so it'll be an upgrade to us if we do sign him.
    Totally agree! The only downside is that distin is 33 as old as gallas BUT this could also be great for caulker and kaboul for example. Both can learn from them.

When Distin comes to us and then retires in 2-3 years like gallas it could make room for caulker... maybe at that time he would have 1 year premier league experience at some other club on loan.
    I also see kaboul as great central back if he holds his nerves hes still young and can be even greater.

Status
    Wow he's 33........changes my opinion about him a bit. I wouldnt give him a 2 year deal, and I would match the 10 million for Samba if thats the asking price.

9. Who Thanked this post

Hidden (18-05-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    Wow he's 33........changes my opinion about him a bit. I wouldnt give him a 2 year deal, and I would match the 10 million for Samba if thats the asking price.
    samba would surely be the better choice for a long term I guess.

He is 27. and could easily do 8 more years at the premier league.

So even if we pay 10 million for him it would still be great BECAUSE its a long term thing.

11. These users say thanks for this post

Hidden (18-05-2011),spursman18 (18-05-2011)

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ThUgBeAtZ View Post
    I also see kaboul as great central back if he holds his nerves hes still young and can be even greater.
    Yeah, a lot has been said about his potential.. I think it was against Aston Villa away, where Arry came out and really praised the kid.

I personally, have high hopes for the lad.

Legend !

Status
    I would sign Samba all day long. I think he is as good as any of the young English players like Cahill, Shawcross or Jones, that whatever club they go to will be way over paid for just because they are English. Samba has already said that he doesn't want to be part of the Venkys set up that they are planning at Blackburn. So if we are serious about "plugging the gap" we would stand a great chance and I could see him go on to a great replacement for King.

Legend !

Status
    Either of them would be good, however Samba is obviously the long term option, but remember lads he gets sent off A LOT.

Legend !

Status
    He also scores quite a bit though.

Legend !

Status
    i like younes assuming woody goes we've got gallas, dawson, king, khumalo, kaboul, charlie, tommy and sandro who can all play there. Also the possibility of recalling caulker on loan i just dont see the point in spending on another centre half

champions league vip

Status
    Still prefer Cahill or Hangeland....Both are lethal from set plays.

Hangeland's scored something like 7 or 8 goals this season....that's more than our fooking strikers put together. lol

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 05grottim View Post
    i like younes assuming woody goes we've got gallas, dawson, king, khumalo, kaboul, charlie, tommy and sandro who can all play there. Also the possibility of recalling caulker on loan i just dont see the point in spending on another centre half
    Gallas is 34, King plays like 2 games in 10, Khumalo is unproven and wasn't even considered when we were stuck we actually chose to loan him out, I'm not saying he's no good, I'm just saying we have no idea what he is like. Thudd and Sandro are Midfielders, not defenders. And Corluka is not rated at centre back, Harry has already said that this season. So that leaves, Dawson, Kaboul and Gallas that can realistically play every week. We need another natural centre back that can step uo and challenge those three and have no gelling to do when inevitably Gallas and King retire which will be sooner rather than later in my opinion. Samba would be perfect.

19. These users say thanks for this post

spursman18 (18-05-2011),StPaulSpur (19-05-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I would get Samba no question, he"s a solid PL CB, he"s got a real presence and is tailor made for spurs,so go get him Arry, we need him.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steventhfc View Post
    Either of them would be good, however Samba is obviously the long term option, but remember lads he gets sent off A LOT.
    reminds me on vidic then and yet hes considered premier leagues best

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter