Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Croatian?

THTV Donator

Status
    Ryantegan on SC

Quote:
    Had a word today following up some 'ITK' that was posted earlier in the week. It was suggested that we were looking at a young Croatian, this intreaged me, so I got on the case.

What I got was not totally as I expected. We are looking at another Croatian to join the Crottenham clan, however he doesnt play in Croatia!

My boss had no names but said that he has been watched at international level as well. Im at a loss as to who it is.

The only name I could think of was Srna, but my boss said he doesnt think its him.

Any ideas?
    Just wondering who you guys think it could be. Petric, maybe? Hopefully a young one that i probably don't know anything about. Perhaps that right back, but he plays in croatia?

What do you guys think?

Status
    Lovren CB---We were strongly linked with him before he signed for Lyon and will have undoubtedly kept an eye on him. With the likely departures of Woody and Seb, we'll need a new CB.

Perisic (Brugge)- has all but signed for Dortmund

Jelavic (Rangers)

Kalinic (Blackburn)

Mandzukic (Wolfsburg)

Maybe Olic (Bayern) been injured for most of the season though

Just posting some names I've seen on other forums.
    Last edited by spursman18; 18-05-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Status
    I'm thinking Perisic or Olic....

Perisic looks Dortmund bound though...

Legend !

Status
    T_T didn't notice the topic

considering that this person is YOUNG, it can't be olic or petric
    i suppose it could be Ivo Ilicevic from Kaizerslautern. He is 24 years old and has already played several times in friendlies and coming on a sub. Think he plays the similar position as VDV does.

anyway we should search in bundesliga + mention 2-3 people from other leagues
    Last edited by Hidden; 18-05-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Status
    I personally think its Lovren, even though he just signed for Lyon in January of 2010. Only 21, so he would fit the description and plays in a position that we need 1 or 2 new players, which would be CB.

We were linked with him before he signed for Lyon, maybe our Croatian lads could put in a good word for us.
    Last edited by spursman18; 18-05-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally think its Lovren, even though he just signed for Lyon in January of 2010. Only 21, so he would fit the description and plays in a position that we need 1 or 2 new players, which would be CB.
    i have a familiar who is huge lyon fan. may ask about him and his possibilities of leaving the club this summer...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden View Post
    T_T didn't notice the topic

considering that this person is YOUNG, it can't be olic or petric
    i suppose it could be Ivo Ilicevic from Kaizerslautern. Think he plays the similar position as VDV does

anyway we should search in bundesliga + mention 2-3 people from other leagues
    He doesn't seem to sure who it is, so it could be a vet. Olic is the most available of all the potential Croatian targets, that's why I suggested him

Legend !

Status
    We could get Petric on a free contract cuz his contract with Hamburg expired. And also Olic said he could imagine himself playing in England. But i think it's Lovren who had a great season in Lyon and would be a great signing for us. I see the new "Vidic" in him, they are pretty similar in style of play. But Petric would be a fantastic signing also. I always wondered why he didn't move to a bigger club. Btw. he is the 4th best scorer in the Europa League(Uefa Cup) of all time and every single season in the bundesliga he scored 10 goals at least but gets injured to often in my oppinon.

Legend !

Status
    if we want a croat then we should bid for mandzukic he looks better than dzeko was in wolfsburg

Banned !

Status
    its probably pletikosa

is on loan now

Legend !

Status

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sraew View Post
    not good enough.

Legend !

Status
    Perhaps Srdjan Lakic? He did pretty well in the Bundesliga this year, dunno if he's good enough. And if I'm not mistaken, he signed a pre-contract for Wolfsburg anyway.

Legend !

Status
    all these players spursman mentioned could be great for us or could not be good for the premier league....

we will never know until we sign someone and let him play for us.

Hard to say but right now the best croat attackers are mandzukic, jelavic,lakic,petric,olic.

jelavic is being strongly linked with man united.
    mandzukic is according to their coach one of the most important player so he wont be leaving them for sure.
    petric could leave hamburg but cannot play in a 4-5-1 system.
    olic could play in a 4-5-1 system but has been out for 1 year.
    lakic signed a contract with wolfsburg

Legend !

Status
    Had a word today following up some 'ITK' that was posted earlier in the week. It was suggested that we were looking at a young Croatian, this intreaged me, so I got on the case.

What I got was not totally as I expected. We are looking at another Croatian to join the Crottenham clan, however he doesnt play in Croatia!

My boss had no names but said that he has been watched at international level as well. Im at a loss as to who it is.

The only name I could think of was Srna, but my boss said he doesnt think its him.

Any ideas?

What does he mean btw? He doesnt play in croatia? as he in he doesnt play for croatia? Or he doesnt play in the croatian league?
    Last edited by Audere est Facere; 18-05-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter