Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    these are small those cows are far away

Status
    Noticed this in the ITK thread.

Excellent (and hopefully true) if it comes off - much as I like Joe Jordan and have no personal animosity towards 'Arry. And hopefully sooner, rather than later, although that will be determined by Postman Pat of course.

Legend !

Status
    i really hope its klinsmann

Player in Training

Status
    ??? Link? Your thread is in the ITK section and I don't see anything else about this? Is it a rumor about one of them replacing Harry?

Status
    @trevout

I moved the thread to the ITK section but look at the ITK thread itself.....its post number #24

Player in Training

Status
    Ah, gotcha, thanks

Status
    So Klinsmann failed at Bayern, and Low helped him do well with Germany.......not really the sort of person I'd want to come in and manage us.

Legend !

Status
    no way like the above post not really done it for me as a manager.

8. Who Thanked this post

davids01 (13-05-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Klinsmann failed at Bayern, and Low helped him do well with Germany.......not really the sort of person I'd want to come in and manage us.
    I've never been able to find anyone besides muckraking journalist that would suggest this is true. Not the most reliable source given the other about Klinsmann stories they embellished or fabricated into controversies. Bild were the main culprits, petty stuff like making a huge deal about him not living in Germany.

As for him as a manager, at Bayern the margin for success is very different then what he would experience here. That club just forced out Van Gaal, a manager that got them to the Champions league final. People always suggest that all his success can be attributed to Low. Why because he's a good coach so ergo he must have been doing all the work? Well surely with Klinsmann out of the way Germany would have progressed further. What Low achieved many German managers have before him. I still think he's an excellent manager but Germany is traditionally a strong nation in international competition.

I've been a HUGE Klinsmann fan for most of my life. So I guess I have a little bias opinion of the man. But I couldn't imagine him being the type of person that would accept being a puppet figure. So to suggest he had no input to me is disrespectful.

Klinsmann wouldn't be top of my list. I would prefer Coyle or Moyes but I'm not ashamed to say he's in my top 7-10. I know one thing, he couldn't possible be worse tactically then Redknapp. He knows how to spot good talent, many of the players he brought through performed so well in 2010. He's media friendly, he seems to be able to handle questions well. Also having a big name like Klinsmann at the helm who genuinely is one of the best players of all time could be beneficial in the transfer market.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 13-05-2011 at 05:57 AM.

10. Who Thanked this post

Reserrved (13-05-2011)

Status
    BlueCrew......I would not want Klinsmann managing Spurs if were pushing for top 4 finishes and possibly going for a title, he's was a great player for us but some great players do not make great managers.

edited my post for you.
    Last edited by spursman18; 13-05-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    BlueCrew......I would not want Klinsmann managing Spurs if were pushing for top 4 finishes and possibly going for a title, he's was a great player for us but great players do not make great managers.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then....

I'll leave you with this though....

13. Who Thanked this post

gomes4life (23-05-2011)

jaws music hee hee

Status
    @BlueCrew LA

whats luka got to do with any of this???

15. Who Thanked this post

BlueCrew LA (13-05-2011)

Legend !

Status
    isnt klinsman based in the states now or is that old news

Status
    My understanding is that he is but that he has been trying to persuade his US-born wife to move to Europe.

Status
    Klinsmann's Wiki entry. Note, this came after Germany's disastrous performance in the European Championships in 2004. If the Kaiser can give him the thumbs up, so can I.

2006 World Cup

In the 2006 World Cup, the performances of Klinsmann's team silenced his critics. The team recorded three straight wins against Costa Rica, Poland and Ecuador in the first round, earning Germany first place in Group A. The first game of the knock out stage was a 2-0 victory over Sweden, and in the quarter-finals, Klinsmann's team defeated Argentina, winning 4-2 on penalties. The teams drew 1-1 after 120 minutes after an equalising goal from Miroslav Klose in the 80th minute.[15]
    In the semi-final on 4 July, Germany lost a close match with Italy 2-0 after goals in the final minutes of extra time from Fabio Grosso and Alessandro Del Piero.[16]

After the match, Klinsmann praised the performance of his young team. They beat Portugal 3-1 in the third place play-off, where he played Kahn instead of Jens Lehmann.[17] The victory triggered a massive Berlin parade the following day where Klinsmann and the team were honoured by the public.

Afterward, Franz Beckenbauer, previously a strident critic of Klinsmann's, declared his desire to see Klinsmann continue as coach. There was also widespread public support for Klinsmann due to his team's spirit and attacking style of play. The team's strong performance is thought by some to have renewed national pride and restored Germany's reputation as a top footballing nation. Due to his success coaching the national team, Klinsmann was awarded the Bundesverdienstkreuz. He was even referred to as "Kaiser", a term meaning "emperor" in German, usually reserved for German footballing greats, e.g. Franz Beckenbauer.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys lovechild View Post
    isnt klinsman based in the states now or is that old news
    well he was an analyst for espn during the world cup and was considering becoming manager for the US

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter