Poll: Should the next manager be English?

Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    TheGame - Times Online - WBLG: The debate: should FA ensure an Englishman succeeds Fabio Capello?

The debate: should FA ensure an Englishman succeeds Fabio Capello?

Your views please.

In his new Times column, Patrick Barclay notes how "the stock of the English manager generally has risen in the past 15 months or so, largely because of Roy Hodgson’s achievement in guiding Fulham into Europe on a relatively low budget and Harry Redknapp’s invigoration of Tottenham Hotspur".
    Our Chief Football Commentator goes on to list the recent achievements of other English managers in the top flight including Steve Bruce, shining at Sunderland, and Paul Hart, whose reputation is undimmed by the loss of a near-impossible job at Portsmouth.

"Meanwhile," he writes, "the reaction to Sam Allardyce’s recent heart trouble has been a reminder that he, too, has earned more respect than his more self-promotional outbursts seemed to leave room for. And, as for Steve McClaren, look at how well he is doing in the Netherlands with Twente. Were he not an England head coach of the past, people would be tipping him as one for the future."

THTV Donator

Status
    I'm just biased...we have a pool of english managers who needs to be given the chance...

Legend !

Status
    would've liked a 'Depends' option, as I couldn't say definitely yes, I went with No.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBillyNick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    would've liked a 'Depends' option, as I couldn't say definitely yes, I went with No.
    Why sit on the fence? yes or no...simples

Legend !

Status
    cos it's not that easy a question to answer. HR? No. Roy Hodgson? Maybe. Steve Bruce? Not yet.

Legend !

Status
    you forgot Stuart Pearce

THTV Donator

Status
    TBH I had Stuart Pearce and Roy Hodgson is mind when I gave my answer - the latter has the experience to do well, and look at Fulham last season from relegation candidate to Europa Cup place.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    you forgot Stuart Pearce
    no i didn't

First Team Player

Status
    Hope not because as it stands they'll be coming for 'Arry! I don't care who manages the team as long as we play well and are in with a shout of winning in the later stages. I've watched enough England teams running round clueless in the past to not be biased about a managers nationality. I think we should be aiming for the best coach out there, and if he is not Ebnglish then thats fine. England are actually good to watch with Capello and not frustrating as hell like usual!!

shady!

Status
    since im not english (thank god) i cant really say if it should be or not but i have no doubt if harry keeps up the good work with us and gets us into the top 4 then the fa will come knocking,

the only thing going against him is his dodgy past (or present)

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    It'd be nice but not the most important factor.

The most important factor is that they are the best for the job.

Nationality is a long way down the list of important for me.

I will abstain too as I think it is far from cut and dry yes or no.

Goo debate though.

talking in the wind

Status
    no .you english should stick to a foreign manager,i hear christen gross is available hee heee

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    You are bitter you paddys aint ya.

Propper case of LMS!!!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcire View Post
    no .you english should stick to a foreign manager,i hear christen gross is available hee heee
    Now there's a **** who can really fvck it up

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P UNIT 1980 View Post
    You are bitter you paddys aint ya.

Propper case of LMS!!!
    bitter us? ha ha ,sure were going to be the 33rd team in the world cup in africa,havnt you heard even blatter broke his bollox laughing at this today

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter