Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shady!

Status
    is this right enough???? i know it seems like a select few but mad all the same......if true.

World Football - Team GB duo targeted by Wales fans - Yahoo! Eurosport

2. These users say thanks for this post

liam (12-11-2011),thfcire (12-11-2011)

talking in the wind

Status
    The welsh are similair to the Scottish in that they class themselves welsh Scottish before British, bot have said they don't want their players playing for a gb team and bale is already in the ads for the gb team so I was half expecting it

Legend !

Status
    Dont understand booing at all, thats stupid tbf, my opposition is down to the fact that for me the Olympics is about athletics, and football doesnt belong there, I dont see the point of it, and its all about the Welsh FA who are worried about losing their status, therefore they dont want Welsh players involved. I can see problems ahead if the four GB countries get the go ahead, because everyone knows the team will be about 97% English, which will cause the other FA"s to complain and winge no doubt.

5. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (13-11-2011)

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Wales should be fookin proud.

Some fans are thick as pig sh!t.

If he wants to play then they should support him. What an opportunity to represent your country at the Olympics.

Narrow minded idiots who lack the intelligence to see from another perspective.

Legend !

Status
    great idea boo the only 2 good players you got wales pointless country anyway

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gio 2008 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol you are gonna get absolute pelters for that mate.

Chin up!

9. Who Thanked this post

Legend !

Status
    How long have you been a tit , you tit ?

talking in the wind

Status
    The other fella sharing your brain cell using it tonight?

12. Who Thanked this post

gomes4life (14-11-2011)

Legend !

Status
    To be fair quite a few Wales players could make the 18 man squad, Bale and Ramsey are the obvious ones but Taylor is probably the best U-23 left back in the UK and I could see Allen making the squad as well. The other 14 are probably going to be English though can't think of any Scottish or N.Irish players that would be good enough (Fletcher possibly if the English FA don't want the likes of Parker playing after Euro 2012).

Possible Squad off the top of my head. Lots of good wingers/wing fowards too many to get them all in the squad...bannan after his incident I don't think would be included.

Hart
    Amos

Walker
    Jones
    Smalling
    Caulker
    Kelly
    Taylor

Johnson
    Walcott
    Allen
    Wilshire
    Rodwell
    Fletcher/Parker
    Bale

Sturridge
    Rooney
    Sinclair/Carroll/Wellbeck depending on their seasons and if Pearce wants a "big'un"

Legend !

Status
    these fans are as thick as ****. I mean ffs easily there two best players and i dont think its any coincedence that wales have moved up near enough 100 places in the world rankings since they both started playing. These fans should accept if they qualified for any major tourneys then they might not be so bothered. It's through there own countrys failings that they want to play for team GB.
    Last edited by 05grottim; 13-11-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Legend !

Status
    Don't tell Craig Bellamy that...

Unless you want a golf club to the face?

Legend !

Status
    Them playing in 2012 can only be good for wales. And let's face it probably there only chance to play in a tournament at internation level. It's a complete disgrace from the fa's of the home nations that they aren't backing there young players. Seems to me people are british when it's suits.

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyvw View Post
    Them playing in 2012 can only be good for wales. And let's face it probably there only chance to play in a tournament at internation level. It's a complete disgrace from the fa's of the home nations that they aren't backing there young players. Seems to me people are british when it's suits.
    maybe wales and scotland can be hosts someday of the euro.. therefore they would be qualified..

this whole GB team reminded me of yugoslavia.. always somebody complaining about something.. like we dont have enough of bosnian/montenegro/macedonian/slovenian/croatian players in the team and so on.. and look where that whole story lead us.. lots of bloody rivers ..

and yes... this could be very good for wales.. let them get a taste of a tournament .. maybe that will be even more of a motivation for them to succeed with wales..

First Team Player

Status
    I'm sorry if my question comes of as ignorant but why do these Welsh fans boo Bale and Ramsey yet be proud that they have teams like Swansea and Cardiff playing in English leagues?

19. These users say thanks for this post

donatorbelondon (10-12-2011),dan-spur (15-11-2011)

Legend !

Status
    that's very strange and unfair
    the fans should be proud and support them, cauz it is, firstly, players' own choise (not the fans judge which country their favourites should represent in a SINGLE tournament), and secondly, a chance to win smth at least, bring up more motivation, experience and confidence to future games in their native country kit (Wales).

I would love to see Jugoslavia, CIS/USSR, GB teams on any single tourney, as football world lacks of these former football grands due to politics...

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter