Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    BBC Sport - Samuel Eto'o faces Cameroon disciplinary hearing

Inter Milan's Samuel Eto'o and two of his team-mates face disciplinary proceedings from the Cameroon Football Association (Fecafoot).

The other two are Tottenham's Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Arsenal's Alex Song.

The charges all relate to the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Senegal on 4 June and the training camp before the match.

"If I cause disciplinary problems in the national team, they should punish me," Eto'o said on TV in Cameroon.

Eto'o has been summoned because he did not train after an incident with Song and allegedly interfered in the substitution of a player in the Senegal game.

During the 0-0 draw Eto'o openly expressed his dissatisfaction when forward Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting was replaced by full-back Henri Bedimo.

Arsenal defensive midfielder Song has been summoned because of "the incident with Eto'o."

A few days prior to the Senegal match, Song - who was making his return to the Cameroon squad after being temporarily excluded following last year's World Cup - refused to shake Eto'o's out-stretched hand.

"Don't give this incident more importance than it deserves," Song said in an interview shortly after the match.

Left-back Assou-Ekotto has been asked to explain why he did not send a "note" justifying his absence from the 4 June match, despite having received a call-up.

The three players have eight days to respond to the summons and can choose either to appear in person or to be represented by a third party.

Once the hearings have taken place, Fecafoot will decide whether or not to issue sanctions.

Last August, Fecafoot adopted a new disciplinary code for players and staff, with possible punishments including "definitive exclusion from the national team".

2. These users say thanks for this post

donatorHeroes (17-06-2011),TreyNerd (17-06-2011)

Legend !

Status
    The reason they didn't go to the game is because ekotto was helping eto'o househunt on the internet for when he moves to spurs

Legend !

Status
    Am I the only person that imagines bae reading the headline while having breakfast nonchalently shrugging then going out to wash his car?

Legend !

Status
    i bet he don't wash his own car

Legend !

Status
    I imagine Benoit "football is a job" Assou-Ekotto probably received the call-up, ignored it, then went for a walk or something. The guy is what I would describe as "Chill."

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by luminoir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only person that imagines bae reading the headline while having breakfast nonchalently shrugging then going out to wash his car?
    This is literally exactly how I imagined it as well lol.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by luminoir View Post
    have you seen that bbc interview, hes well down to earth about footy etc.. and shows them he drives a smart car hahaha

Legend !

Status
    I assume this was BAE's response.

a451980d-3695-4abf-8d82-9405ee5507ca.jpg

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys lovechild View Post
    i bet he don't wash his own car
    I'll wager that he does , he loves his cars , especially big old yank jobs .

12. Who Thanked this post

StPaulSpur (23-06-2011)

Legend !

Status
    So I guess we don't have to worry about losing him to national duties this season.

Legend !

Status
    That's good, so no african cup of nations for him then, which is good for us!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter