Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asian cup 2011

First Team Player

Status
    has anyone here been following the asian cup? whilst the crowds have been an absolute disgrace (3000 for some games), the majority of the football has been of a high technical standard. its been quite an entertaining tournament so far, with some cracking goals particularly from Uzbekistan and China. As far as the best team, japan, Iran and South Korea for me have looked quality. Australia has the potential to win also but we rely on quick counter attacks and experience (oldest team in the tournament). I encourage all to try and catch a game...

Legend !

Status
    i don't think anyone is carrying the games here in the states which stinks. i wouldn't mind trying to catch some if like ESPN or FSC had them here.

*note - If they are on FS+ that would be why i don't know they are on. lol.

Legend !

Status
    @gomes4life yeah i been watching it ..our last match was against u am from Bahrain btw :P:P yeah and i can see you guys winning it

Legend !

Status
    Ive had to watch the Japan games over sopcast, but I've been trying to follow it as best as possible;

for me, (bias included) I see Japan winning the whole thing; the next japanese generation seems to be impressive, and with the leadership of older players such as Endo the team plays really well together; its also really impressive to see what Zacherroni has done with the team, as well as watching Okazaki scoring goals like a madman.

Legend !

Status
    Haven't watched any yet, but I plan on watching the latter stages. I've got good connections with Australia, had some great holidays down there (most recently this Christmas for the Ashes ) so @gomes4life I hope you win it

6. Who Thanked this post

gomes4life (20-01-2011)

Legend !

Status
    As an austrlaian I would have to say that this is the worst Australian side in about 8 years. For me South Korea are heavy favorites but it seems that the middle east team always step up in this comp. The weather suits the players fron europe this year with perfect conditions of around 20c. Should be intresting from quarters on.

THTV Donator

Status
    I have watched a few games. Australia has been below par. It's a shame they can't actually provide some good service/support to Kewell, he has actually been doing reasonably well playing as striker but he is having to create pretty much everything by himself. I like watching the Japanese play, they are a dynamic team.

Legend !

Status
    For me I'd like to see Nathan burns play cos I think he's got a bright future for the national team.

Legend !

Status
    For me I'd like to see Nathan burns play cos I think he's got a bright future for the national team. Also I don't think Australia has been below par. I have not had high expectations of this squad ATM.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davids01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For me I'd like to see Nathan burns play cos I think he's got a bright future for the national team.
    agree. i also think we must play killkenny. he plays positive passes and we can actually build up play with him unlike jedinak or valeri. also this may be bias, but i think makay is wasted on the wings. i would love to see a middle 3 of kilkenny, makay and valeri (culina if fit). but of course we play 4-2-2.

its a disgrace that this country does not telecast the national games on free to air television. cant think of any other country that does that. as a result i resort to dodgy streams as with spurs.

Legend !

Status
    Yeah I think McKay is alot better footballer than jedinak. Jedinak has a good shot and can throw himself around a bit. Although his passing is a disgrace to the game. I really dislike jedinak as a player but maybe cos he's a big guy they see him having a physical presence for this cup. Also I think Culina is sh1t he's a backwards player and hugely over rated. Kilkenny is a quality lil mid however is he getting game time for his club??

With the broadcast it is a shame to the game that it's not on free to air but consider yourself lucky you don't have to hear Andy Harper commentate. It's brutal, it's like he's reading a dictionary. No wonder the game is struggling in Australia with some of the fox sports commentators. Eg Harper and Trimboli.

First Team Player

Status
    Yeah I think McKay is alot better footballer than jedinak. Jedinak has a good shot and can throw himself around a bit. Although his passing is a disgrace to the game. I really dislike jedinak as a player but maybe cos he's a big guy they see him having a physical presence for this cup. Also I think Culina is sh1t he's a backwards player and hugely over rated. Kilkenny is a quality lil mid however is he getting game time for his club??

With the broadcast it is a shame to the game that it's not on free to air but consider yourself lucky you don't have to hear Andy Harper commentate. It's brutal, it's like he's reading a dictionary. No wonder the game is struggling in Australia with some of the fox sports commentators. Eg Harper and Trimboli.
    yea he is usually one of leeds best performers...its obvious holger is going for physicality over technique, i guess he thinks its our best chance.

re fox sports commentary, yea trimboli and harper are dross on the occasions when i do hear them - absolute bogans, should be commentating rugby league lol. its so obvious fox sports is paying them to talk up the content (ie. aleauge standard or NT). Bozza is a laugh though he and simon hill should come back to sbs

14. Who Thanked this post

davids01 (21-01-2011)

Legend !

Status

Yea I agree with you about Culina. I rated him so highly back in the 2006 world cup, as i believe he was one of our best players in the comp. But since he moved to the A-league he seems to have dropped of the pace alot (eg game against Germany). Not the player he was, and expect him, and a couple of others to maybe retire from the international team in the not too distance future.

Also with you on the aussie commentators. They are terrible, even most of the ones on sbs as well. Put Harper, Craig Foster and Paul Trimboli on a boat and practice war games on them is what they are good for. The only decent aussie commentator was Andrew Osatit or however its spelt. Use to be on sbs, and moved to espn.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_B View Post
    Yea I agree with you about Culina. I rated him so highly back in the 2006 world cup, as i believe he was one of our best players in the comp. But since he moved to the A-league he seems to have dropped of the pace alot (eg game against Germany). Not the player he was, and expect him, and a couple of others to maybe retire from the international team in the not too distance future.

Also with you on the aussie commentators. They are terrible, even most of the ones on sbs as well. Put Harper, Craig Foster and Paul Trimboli on a boat and practice war games on them is what they are good for. The only decent aussie commentator was Andrew Osatit or however its spelt. Use to be on sbs, and moved to espn.
    to be fair robbie, Foster isnt a commentator. hes an analysist. doubtless if he did commentate, he probably wouldnt be very good. but i think he is one of the best football thinkers in the country

Legend !

Status
    Foster is quite good however he never looks at anyone but the best teams. You never hear him talk about decent sides, only Barcelona, real Madrid and so on. Also he would suck of pep guardiola if someone gave him the chance. But in saying all that his enthusiasm is fun.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter