Register To Comment

Status
    This latest incident of Russian racism has got me thinking.

Should English and American football fans start a petition to send to FIFA, Highlighting the many instances of racist behavior of Russian fans? Just so they have something else to consider when picking hosts for the World Cups in 2018 and 2022. In Russia racism and Neo-Nazi groups run rampant and racist abuse occurs not only with Blacks, just look at how they treat Gypsies and Jews.

Could you imagine if Nigeria, Romania and Israel all qualify for a World Cup, I fear for the safety of those fan bases. The intent of the petition would be for the FIFA to favor the England and US bids over the Russia bid, but honestly I would be happy as long as Russia didn't get it.

BBC Sport - Football - Russia World Cup bid chief defends racism track record

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter