Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status
    So much is being talked about who Capello should take to the WC & who he shouldn't, I just wondered what the people on this forum felt.

Personally, I would take 3 keepers, 5 CD's & 4 Full-backs, 6 midfielders & 5 strikers.

That for me would be:
    Goalkeepers: David James, Joe Hart & Paul Robinson
    Full-Backs: Cashley Cole, Stephen Warnock, Glenn Johnson & Gary Neville
    Central Defence: Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Michael Dawson, Ryan Shawcross & Ledley King
    Midfield: Steven Gerrard, Aaron Lennon, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Ashley Young, Gareth Barry
    Strikers: Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey & Gabby Agbonlahor

I really don't think Matty Upson, Theo Walcott & Rob Green have done enough to deserve a place ahead of these players. If Capello absolutely has to take Walcott, then I would take him as a 5th striker in place of Agbonlahor. That way you have him being able to play thru the middle if needs be or on the right. Milner is a must as he can play all over the pitch & has been superb this year. Lennon has to get that RW spot tho & hopefully he can get a few games before the season is over. I just have a feeling that he will take this WC by storm - & don't forget that, unlike Theo, SWP & the rest, Aaron has played in a WC before.

I think that squad has a great mix of youth & experience; flair players & utility players; speed & creativity. I think having Neville in there (altho I'm doubting he will be) is very important. He has been solid as ever for United this season so will have no problem as a backup for Johnson & his attitude is superb & his experience & winning mentality in the dressing room will be vital to the likes of Johnson.
    Last edited by basskadet; 27-04-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Legend !

Status
    Goalkeepers: David James, Joe Hart, Paul Robinson
    Fullbacks: Ashley cole, Warnock, Johnson, Micah Richards
    Cente backs: Terry, Ferdinand, Dawson, King, Shawcross
    Midfield: Lampard, Barry, Lennon, Gerrard, Milner, Huddlestone, Ashley young
    Forwards: Rooney, Defoe, Crouch and Heskey

VIP Member

Status
    That's a good way of including Hudd, who I think is tailor made for the international arena. I don't know why, but I just have a hunch that Fabio will take a player who can play either as a striker or in the midfield - probably Walcott.

I thought about the extra midfielder, rather than the extra striker but I just thought that either one will be way down the pecking order & if you want an option to throw on as a surprise package that might just nick something out of a game it is probably better to take a quick striker than a slower, deep-lying midfielder. Having said that, I would love to see Hudd in the team tho
    Last edited by basskadet; 27-04-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Legend !

Status
    Keepers;
    Jamo, Robinson, Hart

Defenders;
    Johnson, Neville, Terry, Ferdinand, King, Dawson, Baines, Cole

Midfielders;
    Carrick, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Lennon, Milner, Young

Strikers;
    Rooney, Zamora, Defoe, Crouch, Heskey

Not exactly spoilt for choice are we though, the striking department doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, and you know that Capellos gonna take the easy option and take Upson, Walcott and the Wicker man Heskey

THTV Donator

Status
    GK: Joe Hart, Rob Green, Robbo
    CB: King, Dawson, Shawcross, Ferdinand, Terry
    FB: Cole, Warnock, G.Neville, Johnson
    Midfield: Lennon, Milner, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Huddlestone
    Strikers: Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Heskey, Zamora

Legend !

Status
    I really hope its true about Ledley and if we make CL then Daws will go too, if it was my choice they both would go anyway.

First Team Player

Status
    Dear God why are ye all including Heskey?!

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MAcHinA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ssssssssssshhhhhh let them

9. Who Thanked this post

Seajay (27-04-2010)

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MAcHinA View Post
    Because he compliments Rooney far too well to leave him out. He doesn't really bring in a great deal more than that, but it's enough. Don't tell me you'd rather Barren Dent?

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Surley Carlton Cole does the same job but better than Heskey?

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    Surley Carlton Cole does the same job but better than Heskey?
    Perhaps, he's never really been given a proper run out with Rooney. He can be as annoying as Heskey in the fact he more often than not flops in front of goal, but I'd still pick Heskey for the experience and knowing what he can do. I know to some it can seem a waste but I'd take anything to make Rooney play as best as he can...

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Eighteen82 View Post
    CB: King, Dawson, Shawcross, Ferdinand, Terry
    FB: Cole, Warnock, G.Neville, Johnson
    Midfield: Lennon, Milner, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Huddlestone
    Strikers: Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Heskey, Zamora
    lol, gary neville? surely not

Legend !

Status
    its too bad dean ashton is gone he would fit in handsomely in this team

i would get rid of crouch he was terrible in germany, i remember against trinidad and tobago he grabbed a defender who was several feet shorter to prevent him from jumping higher lolol

i would have zamora he is pretty good

Legend !

Status
    CB: King, Dawson, Upson, Ferdinand, Terry
    FB: Cole, Baines, L.Young, G.Johnson
    Midfield: Lennon, Milner, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, A. Johnson
    Strikers: Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Heskey, Bent

Thats who I would take... taking Hudds would mean too many CM not enough wingers so I would take a wild card with Johnson

First Team Player

Status
    I really wouldn't bother taking 4 full backs I think its a waste..... I would take Lescott if fit as he can play left back too and worse case Milner can play anywhere if needed he is that good.

My squad.

GK. Hart, James, Robinson
    DF. Terry, Ferdinand, Dawson, Johnson. Cole, Lescott, Neville
    MF. Lampard, Gerrard, Milner, Lennon, A. Johnson, Young, Barry, J. Cole, Carrick
    CF Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Zamora

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter