Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Each of the 48 clubs involved in the group stage can expect to receive a participation bonus of 640,000. In addition, they will be entitled to a match bonus of 60,000 per match played in the group stage. Performance bonuses will also be paid 140,000 for every win and 70,000 for every draw in the group stage.Turning to the knockout stages, clubs competing in the round of 32 will receive 200,000 each, clubs in the round of 16 300,000, the quarter-finalists 400,000 and the semi-finalists 700,000. The UEFA Europa League winners can expect to collect 3m and the runners-up 2m.
    It is anticipated that a minimum amount of 1m per club will be paid out for the group stage. A club could receive, at best, 6.44m from featuring in this season's competition not counting the market pool share.
    Clubs rewarded by Europa League participation ? UEFA.com

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Might pay Modric's wage bill for a few weeks. We would probably have to pay more out in bonuses to the players.

3. Who Thanked this post

JacoZA (15-09-2011)

noone is getting my pot of gold you *******s

Status
    Winners only get 3mil, rather play kids and go out in the groups.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike The Yid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Winners only get 3mil, rather play kids and go out in the groups.
    Maybe thats why VDV isn't in the squad. He'd kill the profit, hehe.

Player in Training

Status
    About the money

Fulham got 10 million in 09/10
    Liverpool ,Man City about 6 million last year
    http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...5_DOWNLOAD.pdf

and it's only money that Uefa gives it doesn't include money from tickets etc

Player in Training

Status
    Where in Gods name has pride in ones club gone?It seems to me that money is be all of football at the moment.Merceneries playing for the biggest paymaster.
    Get back to basics lads.pride in your club its jersey and its history.You might buy success but youll never buy tradition.

8. These users say thanks for this post

Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko (20-09-2011),ozric (20-09-2011),willk9 (16-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    True but success on the pitch becomes the history and tradition of the future

10. Who Thanked this post

JacoZA (20-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Do we honestly need to see the likes of PAOK all season to earn 3 mill?

Personally would prefer not to have this comp and concentrate on getting at least to 4th in the EPL

THTV Donator

Status
    You earn more money by finishing in the top 4 and qualifying for the ECL. This is where the Europa League fails, the rewards are too low.

Now, if the winner of this competion, got a play-off for the ECL, thats a completley different matter, and one which would improve the competition to no-end

13. Who Thanked this post

liam (20-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Havocc View Post
    You earn more money by finishing in the top 4 and qualifying for the ECL. This is where the Europa League fails, the rewards are too low.

Now, if the winner of this competion, got a play-off for the ECL, thats a completley different matter, and one which would improve the competition to no-end
    that would be really cool. imagine someone like Stoke winning and going into ECL qualifiers.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Ted View Post
    Where in Gods name has pride in ones club gone?It seems to me that money is be all of football at the moment.Merceneries playing for the biggest paymaster.
    Get back to basics lads.pride in your club its jersey and its history.You might buy success but youll never buy tradition.
    I do agree with what you are saying, but the majority (if not all) Tottenham fans want a new stadium and if we are loosing money in a competition thats not worth winning atm we shouldn't take it seriously.

also we get more money for finishing higher in the league and with our injuries atm we need to rest players in midweek games in order to compete against the league rivals... for example, if we played our strongest 11 against PAOK we would never have got the result that we did against Liverpool because our players would have been a lot less fit (and probably another injury or two)

there are always priorities in a football club and the Europa League is not at the top therefore we play youngster in it (which in turn builds the Spurs of the future)

Legend !

Status
    I would much rather see us finish in the Top 4 of the Prem and qualify for the Champs League than win this thing as the rewards are greater.
    My biggest gripe with the Europa League is that there are a lot of matches to be paid for small financial prizes. I think if we didn't have to play so many matches in it, or if the money was higher it wouldn't be as bad.
    Also, as @Havocc said, if the winner of this got a chance for the Champs League, that would change things, but they don't.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SAspursfan View Post
    Do we honestly need to see the likes of PAOK all season to earn 3 mill?

Personally would prefer not to have this comp and concentrate on getting at least to 4th in the EPL
    i would normally agree but we arent using many first teamers so i dont see the harm
    Last edited by Reserrved; 20-09-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Legend !

Status
    compared to the cost impact on out EPL season, I would say those numbers are worthless.

The only way to make the Europa work is to
    1. play the kids
    2. take the bus
    3. go self catering
    4. get the team to sell their kidneys on arrival.

Legend !

Status
    For the life of me I can't understand why a EL win doesn't score you a PL play-off at the very least.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter