Thread: paok

talking in the wind

Status
    all you nutters post in here lol

First Team Player

Status
    This thread is now about Loukanikos

Status
    Isn't PAOK owned by Joe Lewis's company ?

Player in Training

Status
    fyi.Loukanikos is a PAOK supporter

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't PAOK owned by Joe Lewis's company ?
    I can't find any link between them. In fact the ownership is still a bit murky. Previous shareholders kind of run the place but the massive debts that nearly did for them in the mid 2000s mean that financial matters are overseen by the municipality (the creditors, basically. Yeah, even they got a loan from their government...).

Nice kit too; seems familiar...

6. Who Thanked this post

Rev John Ripsher (27-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Okay, contrary to popular belief (i.e. PAOK fans) their team is not all that great. I'm having serious doubts about whether this Polish "ditch" of a right back is good enough to stop Gareth Bale, if Maicon couldn't handle him. (then again Phil Neville could )

BUT, I don't think they were lying about one player- their tricky Portugese winger Vieirinha. I noticed him since I bought him on FIFA manager mode once.

This guy, (although it is the Greek league) was the player of the year for their league last year. He can cause us a lot of problems.

Player in Training

Status
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMpIfpxJNEg" target="_blank">

O
    LIVIERSORLEN aka commando: Best PAOK videos on youtube

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    I can't find any link between them. In fact the ownership is still a bit murky. Previous shareholders kind of run the place but the massive debts that nearly did for them in the mid 2000s mean that financial matters are overseen by the municipality (the creditors, basically. Yeah, even they got a loan from their government...).

Nice kit too; seems familiar...

after the tremendous financial breakdown in the summer of 2007, Theodoros Zagorakis (PAOK Leshter and Bologna veteran and MVP of the Euro 2004 Captain of Greece National Team) assumed presidency of the club. He is now prezident with Zisis Vrizas (PAOK, Peruggia and Thelta Vigo veteran, ask someone Arsenal fan for him). there are NO owners of the club and all the budget is from the fans ans the usual sources.

for some basic information P.A.O.K. is an acronym of Panthessaloníkios Athlitikós Ómilos Konstantinoupolitón, the Pan-Thessalonian Athletic Club of Constantinopolitans and the succession of Hermes Sports Club, which was formed in 1875 by the Greek community of Pera, a district of Konstantinoupoli (Istanbul) .... so PLEASE put it with capitals on the title of the topic :)

and somethinh for the pajamas :)) you have at the end.... many of us want to kiil that fool who made those for this year.... we just love the black white stripes (Juventus or Newcastle type)
    Last edited by vag_; 28-08-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Legend !

Status
    Pan-Thessalonian Athletic Club of Constantinopolitans
    Those chants must just roll off the tongue.

and somethinh for the pajamas ) you have at the end.... many of us want to kiil that fool who made those for this year.... we just love the black white stripes (Juventus or Newcastle type)
    Why the clustering f*ck would you rather look like Newcastle than Spurs (great forum to make such an observation, btw)?? That's like sleeping with Ronni Ancona while imagining she's Ronnie Corbett (that ought to make a lot of sense to our new Hellenic chums). The Geordies could come onto the pitch wearing red noses and riding one of those clown cars with square wheels and I wouldn't bat an eyelash...

Btw, Juventus' kit is actually pink and black. That black and white striped one they changed to? Thank Notts County (look them up); I'm not kidding.

11. Who Thanked this post

donatorDorsetSpursFan (06-09-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    There is a misunderstanding here, we don't want to rather look like Newcastle or Juventus, that's not our motive, we just want the original and traditional design back on our shirt which is the vertical black and white stripes. Vag was just trying to describe how PAOK's traditional shirt looks like.

Regarding Juventus, this reprehensible football club, how they got the black and white colours from Notts County is well known; however, I had the impression that their original colour was just pink and not pink and black (not 100% sure though).
    Last edited by kyfwnidis; 28-08-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Player in Training

Status
    In a way you guys are lucky, the 8-2 Man Utd-Arsenal will overshadow your 1-5 loss to Man City .

Seriously though, hello from another PAOK fan. To respond to an arrogant - yet frank - post, the reason Greek fans pay so much attention to EL is that the Greek League is a huge pile of ****. You can't win anything unless your name is Olympiacos, since they control the Greek referees. Greek Superleague is rife with violence, corruption and lousy services for the fans. When we get the chance to play with teams like Tottenham, we make the best out of it, enjoying the fact that we can rub elbows with fans from the top leagues. My fellow fans have pretty much presented all there is to say about PAOK. I just want to wish everybody on both sides a good trip and a good game. Cheers.
    Last edited by Aris; 28-08-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Player in Training

Status
    it is PAOK not paok guys
    (write PAOK with capitals vre complexares)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by laos View Post
    it is PAOK not paok guys
    (write PAOK with capitals vre complexares)
    It's all Greek to me, mush...

16. These users say thanks for this post

Rovers-ULTRA (30-08-2011),thfcire (29-08-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    What is the allocation of tickets that the guest teams usually receive in European games?
    We heard that PAOK will receive an allocation of 1800 tickets. Do you think we can get more?

Player in Training

Status
    Hi guys!!!
    I think this group should be easy for us,but only if we are concentrated and transformed from our playing now.I don't know what Redknapp is going to do with UEL,and if he is going to rotate our squad in order to become better in EPL,but i think that we have a chance to go through the latter stages....
    Also,I'm going to provide you a review from PAOK Salonica,who in my opinion is going to be our major opponent for the 1st place.First of all,we have the first game in Toumba stadium,which is a very difficult issue to override,basically most of them treat like hooligans,droping bottles in corner kicks etc....!!!!Past season they reached 32 round,being dropped out from CSKA,but i think they deserved to win,they had been better in Moscow in snowy -20oC!!!!!This season they have a good coach,Lazlo Boloni besides their past Chavos who in truth was an assistant coach....Their team is almost the same,but added Lazar,a very good AM and Georgiadis,a nice prospect winger,with good pace but too weak and inexperinced.Kresic is the gk with good reflexes but unstable,their def is the best line with the leader Contreras and the strong but old and slow Cirillo.They have a problem with full backs,they are very aggresive,making mistakes in the def part(Lino,Etoo).Pablo Garcia is the DM,known to all of us,and despite being 36,he is in an excellent condition.Their striker is Athenasiadis,a hot prospect for greece,neither pacey nor strong,but he has an excellent scoring sense(something like Inzaghi).The last one is the only player that i think that can play in our squad,its Vieirinha,a world-class player for me,with excellent pace and dribbling,that can cut inside and shoot with either foot like Gerrard(its true,you will se it).Just to let you know his release clause is 15M.
    thats all from me,good luck to the team!!!!!

19. Who Thanked this post

ozric (02-09-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter