Register To Comment
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    It's all here 2011
    but I will try to simplify it

The 3 teams that qualify Via the Fair Play route ( drawn from the top 6 European F.A.'s ) enter at the very first Qualifying round of 52 teams .

League Cup winners go into 3RD Qualifying round

The Premiership 5TH placed team + FA Cup winners go into the next round which is the Play-Off Round of 74 Teams ( Which are made up of the 35 winners of the [Previous] 3RD qualifying round + 15 losing teams of the CL 3RD qualifying round + some other waifs and strays )

This produces the anomaly that the countries that are 7-9 in the Ranking List ( Ukraine , Romania & Portugal ) actually get 4 teams to qualify automatically , and the top six countries ( England , Spain , Italy , Germany , France & Russia ) only get an automatic 3 places + 3 from 6 only for the 3 Fair Play spots .

If Man City win the FA Cup and finish 4TH then Stoke will get the Europa Cup place .

Simples !!
    Last edited by Rev John Ripsher; 04-05-2011 at 08:05 PM.

2. These users say thanks for this post

Fatboyyid (04-05-2011),Scarlotti (05-05-2011)

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    So this means we are in Europa league anyway.

Just now have an extra 2 games though and start in early august with qualifying.

First Team Player

Status
    I'm fairly sure that 6th placed doesn't automatically get anything. Only if the FA Cup winner gets a Europa spot does the 6th placed team also get in. Otherwise its 5th place, Carling cup winners, and the FA Cup winner (or runner up if the winner gets into CL)

At least thats what I've always had in my mind as being the case.

Banned !

Status
    from CL to 1st round off europa with lots off **** teams

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm fairly sure that 6th placed doesn't automatically get anything. .
    Like I said Fraser , 6th place team goes into the 3rd qualifying round . Check the link above .

shady!

Status
    so if thats correct then birmingham dont get into europa for winning the league cup? or am i reading it wrong?

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    Like I said Fraser , 6th place team goes into the 3rd qualifying round . Check the link above .
    So basically, lose every game for the rest of the season and pray to God Everton win at least one.

Legend !

Status
    tbh we could do without EL football at all next season

it adds 20-odd games onto your season and a reason behind our success last season was the fact we had no extra fixtures to cope with - we had one clear focus which was the league, and it was the same the first time we nearly broke into the CL in the 2005/06 season, we had a clear run at getting there without the hindrance that comes with the europa league and thursday-sunday fixtures

shady!

Status
    if u read that link again it says that 6th place gets u into europa league, except england which is league cup winners, so no we wont be playing europa league if we finish 6th only 5th place league team will!

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Nooooooooo. No. No. No No.

Rev keeps forgetting that Birmingham City are the 3rd team to be in the competition next season. 5th place and the two competition winners. If Manchester City finish 4th, then Stoke City are in the Europa League no matter what, and the only remaining position is 5th.

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Shady beat me to it . . ..

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    Nooooooooo. No. No. No No.

Rev keeps forgetting that Birmingham City are the 3rd team to be in the competition next season. 5th place and the two competition winners. If Manchester City finish 4th, then Stoke City are in the Europa League no matter what, and the only remaining position is 5th.

Ooooooooooooooooooh you are sooooooo right !!!!! I must read every word next time . My BAD !!!

Legend !

Status
    if we can get into europe next season great, but lets just say ill not loose much sleep over it if we don't

Legend !

Status
    Lets hope we finish 7th then

Legend !

Status
    If we did get in I hope we would put our total commitment into competition...we should at least give it a go and try and win it.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter