Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Looks like the Spanish league is 'fixing' things so that their two Champions League teams get the weekend off before the first leg ...

Spanish League Matches Postponed

This would give them a clear advantage and we should protest if this were to go ahead, UEFA should throw Real and Barca out but of course they won't .........

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteKiller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like the Spanish league is 'fixing' things so that their two Champions League teams get the weekend off before the first leg ...

Spanish League Matches Postponed

This would give them a clear advantage and we should protest if this were to go ahead, UEFA should throw Real
    and Barca out but of course they won't .........
    It would never happen because of ****ters love of Barca.

Anyway the league are free to do whatever they want really.

It is harsh though.

Status
    This is part of a long-running dispute. As I recall, they almost did the same thing back in January, but cooler heads prevailed. Still wouldnt rule out the conspiracy theory though.

Legend !

Status
    doesn't really seem to be in line with this whole "fair play" deal right?

THTV Donator

Status
    Well, we've played two games after a week or more had passed since their previous game. Made little difference particularly when you look at what happened when we played West Ham and Wolves. Maybe a short rest period would be advantageous for us?

Legend !

Status
    sure if it comes that way like ours did. however the FA did not move games for Spurs so they could be rested up more. it just the way the fixtures worked in regards to the cup comps.

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteKiller View Post
    This would give them a clear advantage and we should protest if this were to go ahead, UEFA should throw Real and Barca out but of course they won't .........
    The reason for the weekend rest of is due to TV rights dispute and not because the Spanish Football Association is giving Real Madrid a extra few days BUT even if they were there is nothing to complain about. The Football federations are fully within in their right to re-schedule matches as they please even if it is purely so their teams can benefit from it during European competition. The French Football Association does it all the time for their clubs competition in Europe. Lyon were given 2 extra days of rest. As were Marseille when we played them last season during the group stages and before their match against United.
    Last edited by AfricazMost; 24-03-2011 at 06:28 PM.

shady!

Status
    its just a case of a particular country's FA lookiing after there clubs......its a pity the english FA wouldnt do something similiar but they are more likely to pile on fixtures before a huge european game!

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Our FA have such a mega bucks deal and RELY on that money BIG TIME that they are in the pocket of the Premier League so deep that they cant do a fookin thing about any type of fixture congestion.

Fook Madrid Barca, ****ini, Fatter and any other fooker. We will smash them anyway.

Even if we dont I am so done with the Champs League now, and we have much much bigger priorities at this critical stage of the season.

THTV Donator

Status
    I feel we perform better when the fixture list is piled up, and not after we've had a rest. Jut gives them an even more relaxed approach to the game, and that's not a good approach when you're facing us.

Player in Training

Status
    sorry but this is not a ploy to give the spanish big 2 time off - sorry but I find it funny that you could think RM would turn to such tactics against your club.

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Eighteen82 View Post
    I feel we perform better when the fixture list is piled up, and not after we've had a rest. Jut gives them an even more relaxed approach to the game, and that's not a good approach when you're facing us.
    How many days difference between the Wigan and the away Real game? 3? If so, that is terrible for us considering traveling and rest. I think the times we did do well in piled up games was because we were on form then, and not because the games were so close to the others.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GRod View Post
    sorry but this is not a ploy to give the spanish big 2 time off - sorry but I find it funny that you could think RM would turn to such tactics against your club.
    Although it is noticeable that Barca and RM have switched from being luke-warm over the conflict to becoming rather bellicose when it dawned on them they'd get a week off. Hey, I'd expect nothing less really, I'd hope my club would also do what it could when an advantage floats by...

Won't this break have the silly effect of the final round of games being played mid-June, after the cup, CL etc games have been done and dusted and right in the middle of Internationals? What a daft situation to end up in.

Legend !

Status
    Good news for us.

BBC Sport - Football - Court bars Spanish league strike

Spain's league programme will go ahead as planned this weekend after a Madrid court upheld a challenge by six clubs against a proposed strike.

The country's professional league had called for a walk-out in protest over a rule that one match per weekend must be shown free on television.

More to follow.

Legend !

Status
    Yeah, oddly enough it's a victory for the employees rather than the employers. You don't get to see that much nowadays; if the players had gone on strike it would have been legal, but the clubs canot enforce a lock-out, which this would have been, within the law. Nice one, Themis!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter