Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

THTV Donator

Status
    Now BAE can sleep tonight

Boost for Tottenham as injured Real star Ronaldo is doubtful for Euro clash

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 2:09 PM on 20th March 2011

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo could be sidelined for up to three weeks due to a hamstring injury, leaving him with a race against time to be fit for the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final against Tottenham.
    Ronaldo recently missed two games with a hamstring problem but returned to action in Wednesday's Champions League game against Lyon.

Race against time: Ronaldo is doubtful for the first leg against Tottenham

He also started Saturday night's derby against Atletico Madrid, playing around 70 minutes in both matches before being replaced.

The 80million man complained of pain in his left thigh following the derby and he underwent medical tests, where the extent of the damage was confirmed.

According to a statement on the Madrid website, Ronaldo is now likely to be absent for 'between two to three weeks, depending on his progress'.

Fresh blow: Ronaldo featured in Real's 2-1 win over rivals Atletico on Saturday

Ronaldo is now set to miss Portugal's upcoming friendlies against Chile and Finland, and it remains to be seen if he will be fit for Madrid's league match against Sporting Gijon in a fortnight's time and the Champions League clash with Tottenham on April 5.

Nine-times European champions Madrid reached the last eight of the Champions League for the first time in seven years after knocking out Lyon in midweek.

Read more: Cristiano Ronaldo doubtful for Tottenham clash | Mail Online

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    He probably doesn't even know who Ronaldo is . . . .

3. These users say thanks for this post

Cor-Luka (21-03-2011),rossdfc (21-03-2011)

Status
    No way he misses. His ego won't let him.

Player in Training

Status
    Quaresma lots better than that bitch.. gl Tottenham!

6. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (20-03-2011)

Legend !

Status
    more likely he won't play the 2nd match due to a disqualification than miss the first one

there are 2 rules:
    1. don't trust mass-media
    2. don't trust maur
    + what do we see coming... FRIENDLIES, hello there. all key players on the planet suddenly got injured, woops...

Player in Training

Status
    he has picked up a knick and didnt look fully fit against Atleti but I think this is away to keep out on the international unfriendlies and will be ready to go come money time

9. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (21-03-2011)

Legend !

Status
    He'd be playing on Corluka anyway so I doubt BAE cares.

11. Who Thanked this post

Cor-Luka (21-03-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cryptkeeper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'd be playing on Corluka anyway so I doubt BAE cares.
    @The Cryptkeeper

Hopefully it'll be Kaboul playing at RB because he should be fully fit any day now.

Legend !

Status
    Well this can only be good news, even if he does make it back in time.

I expect that he will be back unfortunately unless of course there's a setback.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @The Cryptkeeper

Hopefully it'll be Kaboul playing at RB because he should be fully fit any day now.
    Yes, I'd agree that Kaboul would be the best guy to take care of Ronaldo.

Legend !

Status
    How many games did Kaboul play as RB ? 5?

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    Although i'm in favor, I doubt Arry would play Kaboul at RB even though he may be fit.. I remember the game at Old Trafford against Man Utd last season, where Harry purposely dropped Kaboul from RB and put Benny their so he could deal with Nani's 'pace'. I think we all remember how that turned out..

hey you guys

Status
    'Doubtful' does not mean 'Ronaldo will definitely be out of the 1st leg of the tie'.
    The media are now trying to make us think 'oh, it's going to be easier now because Ronaldo isn't going to be there'.
    Well, I'm not falling for it!

First Team Player

Status
    It's a disease of the modern media age. There are so many avenues for news to be delivered 24 hours a day that everything gets blown up out of proportion. It's at worst a hamstring tweak, it won't take 3 weeks to heal, Real are simply using it as a way of keeping him out of worthless international freindlies. Mourinho is no mug, Harry should take a leaf out of his book.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Even if Ronaldo missed the first leg we still have Benzema, Kaka and countless other world class players.

Remember they are the Harlem Globetrotters of football.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter