Register To Comment
    First Team Player

Status
    When the draw for the group stages was made, we were all thinking it would be tough for us to qualify for the knockout stages. In actual fact we have made it look quite easy. I remember when our name came out of Pot 3 and we were placed in Group A with Inter Milan, Werder Bremen and FC Twente. I thought "hmm medium, not easy but not hard". We have beat all the teams in our group at home. I remember Richard Keys and Andy Gray were sitting on their fancy yacht in Monaco on the day the group stage draw was made. Andy Gray said that every British team had a good group except us. Funny how we're through and Rangers (who he was so biased towards and even said had a realistic chance of qualifying) are out LOL. We have proved Andy Gray wrong and made him look like a right mug.

We have been brilliant in the Champions League. We need to improve our form after a Champions League game, but apart from that it's been all good.

Now we are through, but if we can beat FC Twente away in the last group game then we will win the group regardless of Inter Milan's result against Werder Bremen due to our superior head to head record (our goal difference over the two games is +1, Inter's is -1). If we don't win our group we could be facing the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. Any of those would be tough. So just one more win and we could go far in the Champions League this season.

This year has seen us get some great results in relation to the Champions League: beating Man City back in May to clinch 4th, beating Young Boys back in August over two legs to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League, beating Inter Milan (reigning Champions League holders) at home earlier this month and now beating Werder Bremen to qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League.

What's next???

2. These users say thanks for this post

Rev John Ripsher (25-11-2010),spursman18 (24-11-2010)

Player in Training

Status
    watch spurs match today on ahdaff.com

Legend !

Status
    As long as we are through to the knockout i don't care who we play. you have to beat the best if you want to be the best right? From the "pots" we had one of the hardest group. Weder were top in pot 2 and Twente was top of pot 3 with Inter being cup holders so we did have a tough group on paper. So i would have no problem playing against a Barca, or Real or Bayern. I think we could give all those teams a good game and even get the win to move on. However being able to get into that knock out stages will be a great feeling and i can't wait for it!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ahdaff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BAN THIS BOT

groany fooker lol

Status
    couldnt of asked more from the lads, and now we have had a taste we want it every year. before the game on sky, graham souness was saying that for years we have been the nearly men but now he thinks its our time and i think hes right. top 4 is a must again so i hope to see a couple of decent signings in jan and who knows what then. dare i say we could challenge for the title within 2 yrs ?

hey you guys

Status
    When I first looked at that group, I shat myself.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by weirddave View Post
    When I first looked at that group, I shat myself.
    i think the group ended up looking a lot stronger on paper than it ended up being.

possibly only twente are performing to expectations, inter have been decimated by a combination of injuries and benitez mismanagement while werder are the walking wounded in their league.

Still cautiously optimistic but under no illusions that our group opponents under performed in general, barring Inter's performance at the san siro. Wouldn't imagine mourinho's inter conceding 6 goals in two games.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ahdaff View Post
    WTF ?.....................

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter