Register To Comment
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Anyone done it?

I am doing it.

Big decision as I am a trific looking fella with a promising modeling career ahead of me.

Any tips other than not doing it yous can give me?

Any actual boxers on here who could help with training or suggestions.

Of course I will be accepting donations but not just yet.

Actually ****ting it a little bit. Gotta drop a stone (+) and totally switch up my training program and diet from top to bottom. Never actually done that as my program has been costantish for 5ish years.

What I was gonna do was drop to a 3 day split routine for weights switching from heavy to reps on alternate weeks with my 2 boxing/cardio sessions either side of my middle weights session.

****ting it so H E L P.

shady!

Status
    Only advice I'd be giving would be to the daft coont getting in a ring with u!

And that advice would be 'don't' lol

3. Who Thanked this post

P UNIT 1980 (04-06-2011)

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    I got forced into boxing when in the army.

I just ended up charging the other lad whilst windmilling.

I won

talking in the wind

Status
    i was a keen boxer as a kid[fook off unit i was fit once lol}.i won my first 6 fights but got absolutily mullered by a fella who went on to fight for ireland in the olypics,i knew id never be as gifted as him and gave it up on the spot.i doubt you have anything to worry about mate because your actually fighting a boxer i doubt hes going to be as fit as you are.the way i used to train was whatever the length of time the rounds you will be fighting ,id do circuits for that time with equal rest time in between,then each day id increase the work by 10 seconds and take 10 seconds off the rest time,by the end you will be down to roughily 30 seconds rest time and be fit enough to work at that rate for double the round at a time.id say just be relaxed and you will be fine,if you tense up its the worst thing and just go in there and enjoy it,im sure whoever your fighting will take one look at the size of you and try and go mental at you in the first round so just cover up and your fitness will tell in the end

6. These users say thanks for this post

Javi (05-06-2011),P UNIT 1980 (04-06-2011),River (04-06-2011)

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    Found this mate which might be of some help :

A boxer must train in a sport specific manner if he wishes to be successful inside the ring. Many old-school trainers continue to preach the importance of long, early morning roadwork sessions. The great majority of boxers today still run 4 or 5 miles on a daily basis. These long aerobic running sessions do little to prepare the boxer for the physical demands he will face inside the ring. Boxing is anaerobic in nature. The sport has been estimated as approximately 70-80% anaerobic and 20-30% aerobic. Anaerobic means to conduct an activity without oxygen. Anaerobic exercise, like boxing, stresses the muscles at a high intensity for short periods of time.
    A perfect example is a fast combination that a fighter throws in the ring. The aerobic portion of the match takes place when the boxer circles the ring, perhaps catching a quick breath. Aerobic exercise is defined as low intensity activities performed for extended periods of time.
    It is quite clear that a long slow distance (LSD) running is not a sport specific form of conditioning for boxing. A fighter must pattern his training after the physical demands of the sport. Why spend 100% of your time running in an aerobic manner when the sport is primarily anaerobic in nature? There is no answer to this question.
    Intervals
    Rather than wasting valuable training time with LSD running, a fighter should make more valuable use of his time by training in a sport specific manner. One of the best ways to condition the body for boxing is through interval running. Intervals consist of intense, sustained running for a set distance or time.
    Common intervals for boxers consist of distances of 200, 400, 600, and 800 meters. Amateur boxers fight two-minute rounds. These boxers must be prepared to fight hard for the duration of the round. The 600-meter interval will closely mimic the anaerobic demands imposed upon the body during the bout.
    Professional fighters fight for three-minute rounds. The 800-meter interval is perfect for these boxers. A general rule of thumb is to run one more interval than the number of rounds you will be boxing. For example, if you are fighting a four round bout, it makes sense to run five intervals.
    Sample Interval Routines
    Let's look at a sample routine:

1. 1-mile warm-up
    2. 6 x 600 meters - 1 minute rest period between each interval
    3. 800 meter cool down - light jog

It is important to run the intervals at an intense pace. You must maintain this pace for the duration of the interval. Interval training should bring your heart rate to anaerobic levels. Over time, you will gradually lower your heart rate, improve recovery time between intervals, and improve your running times.
    Let's look at another sample routine:

1. 1-mile warm-up
    2. 2 x 800 meters - 1 minute rest between intervals
    3. 4 x 400 meters - 1 minute rest between intervals
    4. 4 x 200 meters - 30 second rest between intervals
    5. 800 meter cool down - light jog

Interval running sessions should not be conducted on consecutive days. It is best to run intervals 2 or 3 days per week. These workouts are intense in nature. Your body will need adequate time to rest and recover. You should not run intense intervals on days that you will be sparring. It is best to save interval sessions for days when you do not box. You want to enter the ring with a fresh pair of legs.
    A sample routine that you can use for non-interval days is listed below:

1. Two mile run (moderate to fast pace)
    2. Sprint 100 meters
    3. Shadow box 1 round (3-minute round)
    4. Run backwards 200 meters
    5. Sprint 100 meters
    6. Shadow box 1 round (3-minute round)
    7. Sprint 100 meters
    8. Jog with hands up throwing punches 400 meters
    9. Shadow box 1 round (3-minute round)
    10. Sprint 100 meters
    11. Run backward 100 meters
    12. Jog 400 meters
    13. Walk to cool down

This sample workout integrates shadow boxing, sustained running, and 100-meter sprints. A similar program has been used at many US Olympic training camps.
    It is important to recognize the difference between sprints and intervals. Intervals require a sustained effort for extended distances. Sprints typically consist of 200 meters or less. Sprints require an all out effort, but last no more than 10-30 seconds. Both forms of running are important.
    A boxer must maintain his strength and explosiveness for an entire 3-minute round. It is not enough to sprint for 10 seconds at a time. A weekly running program should consist of intervals, sprints, and an occasional aerobic run. One or two distance runs per week are recommended as active rest, to give the boxer a break from the intense running sessions.
    Bring The Anaerobic Theme To The Gym
    The anaerobic nature of interval running must continue in the gym. It is recommended that a boxer perform his roadwork in the morning. By running early in the morning, the boxer has all day to rest and recover before conducting his boxing workout.
    The actual boxing workout will consist of two primary forms of training - skill training and conditioning. Boxing is a skill sport first. It is also a sport that requires tremendous conditioning. The most skillful fighter will have difficulty contending with an opponent who has superior anaerobic endurance and power.
    Boxing is not an easy sport. The road to the top is a long journey, which requires many long nights in the gym. While at the gym, the fighter must work to develop his skills and physical condition. Both areas must be emphasized. A well conditioned fighter without skills will be unsuccessful, and vice versa.
    Skill Enhancement
    The skill enhancement portion of a workout will consist of shadow boxing, bag work (heavy bag, double end bag, and speed bag), punch mitt work with a trainer, sparring, and defensive drills. A successful boxer must master his technique. He must also develop his defense. A fighter must learn to slip punches, block punches, and react with counters. It takes time to learn the sweet science. Boxing is not a sport that can be learned overnight.
    Time For Conditioning
    Due to the complexity of the sport, many fighters spend long hours working to perfect their technique. How does the fighter find time to work on his conditioning?
    This question is common among aspiring boxers. The answer is simple. The boxer must bring the anaerobic training theme to the gym. When a boxer hits the heavy bag, he should do so with intensity and diligence. A boxer cannot "go through the motions" when preparing to fight.
    Whether hitting the mitts, the bag, or inside the ring sparring, the boxer must make best use of his valuable time. This means training with intensity. A boxer is a unique breed of athlete. The physical obstacles faced inside the ring are foreign and barbaric to the average individual. Boxers however are not average.
    Conclusion
    To be successful in this sport, you must train with intensity. To be the best, you must train the best. There are no shortcuts are magic pills that will take you to the top of the mountain.
    Boxing is an explosive, ballistic sport. The ONLY way to prepare for this sport is by training in a manner, which mimics the demands that you will encounter inside the ring. The ring is a lonely place for the fighter who is not in shape.

8. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (04-06-2011)

Legend !

Status
    @P UNIT 1980

Mate the only advice I can give you is to fook off with the weights and get back to basics. Push ups, sit ups, running, pull ups and punch the hell out of a bag.

Do your push ups in sets of 30 and with a minute or 30 second rest in between each set until you get to 200"do them with your knuckles to strengthen your fore arms and your fists". Same with your sit ups or abs exercises if you can do more than 30 then do so but do them in sets. Do this as a pre workout like when you wake up or something "if possible" almost like if its not even part of your workout.

If you have access to this wear a weighted vest during your workouts. When you run focus on sprinting to get that speed/agility/flexibility in.

Go a few rounds with the bag and try to focus your punches by using the force of your hips, work that jab go ala rocky and have a moment were you only use your weak hand to punch. Finish a workout by punching the hell out of the bag constantly for at least 3 minutes. If you can get inside a ring then shadow box around it to work on your movement and get used to using the ring.

Use resistance cables to stretch out your arms and your legs to help with your flexibility.

If you can get someone to spar with you let them hit you and work on your breathing upon the impact of the hit, wear your mouth guard through all of your workouts so you will learn to breathe with it.

Last but never the least get that jump rope in.

I once had to do a tournament for TKD for charity and my instructor had me doing this basic stuff I got through the tournament with the most points. Good luck amigo!
    Last edited by Javi; 05-06-2011 at 12:59 AM.

10. These users say thanks for this post

donatorIconic Drei (05-06-2011),P UNIT 1980 (05-06-2011),thfcire (05-06-2011)

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Jav, Ire................Top work.

You know what I think I am proper buzzing to do it now.

Every time I turn on the Radio or stick on a CD I imagine how it would sound if it was my entrance music. I have had an offer from an acquaintance who is a boxing coach to go through some pad work with him.

I gotta hit the circuits and treadmill big time before I take that offer up.

Gotta buy some gloves and boots (budgetish) and a new gumshield.

12. These users say thanks for this post

Javi (06-06-2011),thfcire (05-06-2011)

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Javi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @P UNIT 1980

Mate the only advice I can give you is to fook off with the weights and get back to basics. Push ups, sit ups, running, pull ups and punch the hell out of a bag.

Do your push ups in sets of 30 and with a minute or 30 second rest in between each set until you get to 200"do them with your knuckles to strengthen your fore arms and your fists". Same with your sit ups or abs exercises if you can do more than 30 then do so but do them in sets. Do this as a pre workout like when you wake up or something "if possible" almost like if its not even part of your workout.

If you have access to this wear a weighted vest during your workouts. When you run focus on sprinting to get that speed/agility/flexibility in.

Go a few rounds with the bag and try to focus your punches by using the force of your hips, work that jab go ala rocky and have a moment were you only use your weak hand to punch. Finish a workout by punching the hell out of the bag constantly for at least 3 minutes. If you can get inside a ring then shadow box around it to work on your movement and get used to using the ring.

Use resistance cables to stretch out your arms and your legs to help with your flexibility.

If you can get someone to spar with you let them hit you and work on your breathing upon the impact of the hit, wear your mouth guard through all of your workouts so you will learn to breathe with it.

Last but never the least get that jump rope in.

I once had to do a tournament for TKD for charity and my instructor had me doing this basic stuff I got through the tournament with the most points. Good luck amigo!
    Alright Rocky!

14. Who Thanked this post

Javi (06-06-2011)

talking in the wind

Status
    the biggest thing to get over is the fact your going to get hit in the face quite alot lol,and tbh theres nothing you can do to perpare for the force of it apart from sparring with someone,it will still shock you abit when you get whacked in the mush but its how you react which is the key.anger equals lost energy so pace yourself ,budget for the fact its going to go the distance and anything after that is a bonus.unit fair play to you for going through with it as tbh i wouldnt take it up myself,i get enough punches off my bird lol

Status
    One of my mates is a amateur boxer, He won his last fight only a month ago. I know he works out at 3 gyms through the week and does alot of sparring but not sure on diets and routines leading up to the fights to be honest. Il try to find out.

I dont really no your situation but he has always been a handy fighter even when not boxing. The fact your built like a brick ****house will go in your favour and hopefully the fight is half won by the time he see's you stepping in the room.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P UNIT 1980 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jav, Ire................Top work.

You know what I think I am proper buzzing to do it now.

Every time I turn on the Radio or stick on a CD I imagine how it would sound if it was my entrance music. I have had an offer from an acquaintance who is a boxing coach to go through some pad work with him.

I gotta hit the circuits and treadmill big time before I take that offer up.

Gotta buy some gloves and boots (budgetish) and a new gumshield.

These are just some that always get me pumped for a workout lol.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    I dont have a chicken....................................Got some eggs...!!!

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Right think I have got my shopping list sorted.

Gloves. Or these

Wraps.

Boots.

Mouthguard. Or this.

Weighted straps. OR these.

Status
    How about getting yourself affiliated to a boxing gym ?

A really good mate of mine was very good friends with Henry Cooper , it is a shame we cannot go to him for advice now .

You will need some adrenalin hydrochloride to stop the bleeding ......

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    @Rev John Ripsher

I DONT PLAN ON BLEEDING MATE..............!!!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter