Register To Comment

Thread: Americas Team!

Legend !

Status
    This section has been a bit quiet recently so just thought I should have a wee post for all u Cowgirls. That match on Sunday was sooooo enjoyable, watching TO's press coverage after the game was possibly better, I thought he was gonna cry

On a serious note, I really didn't think we had much of a chance going into the game but you always have to keep hope. It was a good close game that really came down to the last few plays, really glad I actually got to watch it this week. Are we still being touted as the 4th best team in the NFC East?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Beats; 01-10-2008 at 08:24 AM.

First Team Player

Status
    Ahh, yes Beats! It's always good to see TO near to tears! Brings a happy tear to my eye too! Anytime Dallas loses is a happy day for me because I'm a Packers man myself...cheese head and all!! Though they don't seem to be doing so hot at the minute either!

Legend !

Status
    I found it funny that TO was complaining that he didn't get the ball enough and he got it 19 out of 60 plays, or something close to it, suppose he won't be happy till it's 50 of 60.

Can't wait till he pulls the Cowboys apart like every other team he's played for (except in his head they probably play for him...)

First Team Player

Status
    Shoot. On any other team, with any other player 19 out of 60 plays would be considered as a HUGE game. But not TO. He is like a bomb ready and waiting to just explode. And when he does there is always hell to pay! I don't know what he problem is. People dislike him because of his mouth and attitude. If he just shut up and played the game, which he is getting paid millions to do, then people would adore the man! I don't know why these guys get their kicks out of being hated!

Player in Training

Status
    Do you know anything about this new team Minnesota Stinking Socks?

Legend !

Status
    Yea, you can't deny he has amazing ability and strength for a WR but his attitude is so dire. When the Eagles signed him I though he might change his attitude but no. I was then shocked any team would touch him after that, I thought only a smaller team would put up with him because of his ability.

On a side note, why are the Cowboys 'Americas Team'? I hear them mention it all the time but they haven't won a post-season game in about a million years!

First Team Player

Status
    Well here's my two cents on the issue Beats. There is no way that the 'Boys are America's team. I know I may be biased, but if you are going to label an American football team as "America's team" then it has to be the Packers! Vince Lombardi and the Pack put American football on the map. Thus hence the reasoning behind the awarding of the Vince Lombardi trophy to the Super Bowl Champs.

Where the Cowboys got the label I'll never know. But I honestly think it stemmed from the Troy Aiken, Emmit Smith and Michael Irving days of the early 90's. But even so....it'd be like saying that the arse are North London's club...we all know that's BS. That honor belongs to our mighty Spurs!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mangobus24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well here's my two cents on the issue Beats. There is no way that the 'Boys are America's team. I know I may be biased, but if you are going to label an American football team as "America's team" then it has to be the Packers! Vince Lombardi and the Pack put American football on the map. Thus hence the reasoning behind the awarding of the Vince Lombardi trophy to the Super Bowl Champs.

Where the Cowboys got the label I'll never know. But I honestly think it stemmed from the Troy Aiken, Emmit Smith and Michael Irving days of the early 90's. But even so....it'd be like saying that the arse are North London's club...we all know that's BS. That honor belongs to our mighty Spurs!
    This is a couple years old, but Cowboys are definitely one of the most popular teams. Their rankings in the late 90's definitely justified the title at the time.

Harris Interactive | The Harris Poll - Pittsburgh Steelers and Dallas Cowboys are Favorite Teams Among U.S. Adults Who Follow Professional Football

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter