Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Player

Status
    According to the independent we're giving this young Croatian a trial and he played in the Spurs XI match against Celtic. The report suggests that we're looking at him to come straight into the first team and provide some cover, but I assume he is probably more of an investment for the future should we choose to sign him.

Do any of the Croatian members know much about him? Is he someone we should be signing?

Transfer News: Redknapp puts Husinec on trial as Spurs look for defensive reinforcements - Transfers - Football - The Independent

Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham Hotspur manager, has given a trial to Eduard Husinec and watched the Croatian youngster play in a friendly against Celtic yesterday.

Husinec, a 17-year-old central defender, started in the victory over Celtic at Spurs' Chigwell headquarters. He spent time training at Real Madrid last year after starting his playing career at NK Hrvatski Dragovoljac.

Redknapp is looking at his defensive options following injuries to Ledley King and William Gallas, while Michael Dawson has only just returned from the sidelines.
    Edit: can a mod please edit the title, I missed the n out of his surname . Curse my illiterate fingers!
    Last edited by Stig; 18-01-2012 at 03:36 AM.

Status
    There you go....

Anyways this is what I was talking about in the Samba thread. If we're not going to make signings with PL experience at least lets use our scouting network and sign some cheap prospects.

Saying that..... never heard of this kid.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 18-01-2012 at 03:17 AM.

3. These users say thanks for this post

Reserrved (18-01-2012),Stig (18-01-2012)

Status
    17 eh?

That's a big kid.

First Team Player

Status
    Thank you @BlueCrew LA , the edit is much appreciated .

As you say this is exactly what you were talking about in the Samba thread, with both this and going after Remy maybe Harry is reading and taking notice . I also have to agree that he is huge (and not just for a 17 year old), imagine how big he'll be when he stops growing !
    Last edited by Stig; 18-01-2012 at 04:08 AM.

6. Who Thanked this post

BlueCrew LA (18-01-2012)

i love catnip

Status
    Oh happy day! A trial! How much cover could an unknown 17 year old provide for our first team...? We should just recall caulkers loan

First Team Player

Status
    I wouldn't take the part about him being cover seriously @blueballs , that is probably just journalistic license. Despite his size, I seriously doubt that he is ready or even being considered for the senior/first team. I would imagine that if we choose the sign him he'll be another one we're looking at for the future.

Legend !

Status
    Well if he's anything like our current Real Madrid reject we'll do just fine to get him

And @blueballs I doubt this is a first-team signing. I imagine he may play in some Spurs XI, possibly NextGen games. Kind of like Milo's Veljkovic or that Peruvian guy (Olaya maybe?) we gave trials to.

Legend !

Status
    I've got a good feeling about this guy.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh happy day! A trial! How much cover could an unknown 17 year old provide for our first team...? We should just recall caulkers loan
    I don't want to take this thread too far off topic but I'm not a fan of that. I think everyone was under the impression that the loan was for the season, you start reneging on commitments or agreements, clause or not, it makes doing business with clubs harder. Premiership clubs would think twice about taking our players on loan and I think these Premiership loans recently have done wonders for our highly rated youngsters.

What if Swansea have the next Maradona in there system and we were looking to buy him, unlikely they'd do business. We don't want to have a bad reputation.

Like I said I don't want to take the thread to far off topic but I've heard that a bit lately.

As to the kid, some of the best signings have been made after trials. I'm not sure I believe he's coming in to add depth, I think the author is speculating a bit. We seem to give a few trials around this time every year.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 18-01-2012 at 03:34 AM.

12. Who Thanked this post

Stig (18-01-2012)

i love catnip

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    I don't want to take this thread too far off topic but I'm not a fan of that. I think everyone was under the impression that the loan was for the season, you start reneging on commitments or agreements, clause or not, it makes doing business with clubs harder. Premiership clubs would think twice about taking our players on loan and I think these Premiership loans recently have done wonders for our highly rated youngsters.

What if Swansea have the next Maradona in there system and we were looking to buy him, unlikely they'd do business. We don't want to have a bad reputation.

Like I said I don't want to take the thread to far off topic but I've heard that a bit lately.

As to the kid, some of the best signings have been made after trials. I'm not sure I believe he's coming in to add depth, I think the author is speculating a bit. We seem to give a few trials around this time every year.
    was a joke, mate....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    was a joke, mate....
    Oh OK.... I thought you were serious. That's been kickin' around the site lately and some of the ITK's have suggested it might be possible.

Legend !

Status
    Husinec is currently back home. He is hoping to sign for Spurs, but there's some hold-up with paperwork (work permit perhaps??). He hopes that it will all be sorted out within the next 2-3 weeks and is really looking forward to joining the Croatian contingent at WHL.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BrumSpur View Post
    Husinec is currently back home. He is hoping to sign for Spurs, but there's some hold-up with paperwork (work permit perhaps??). He hopes that it will all be sorted out within the next 2-3 weeks and is really looking forward to joining the Croatian contingent at WHL.
    There you go, Brum, 1 out 1 in, Harry is trying his best to keep you happy mate, let's just hope he's a looker.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sraew View Post
    There you go, Brum, 1 out 1 in, Harry is trying his best to keep you happy mate, let's just hope he's a looker.
    Oh, he is @Sraew. Bit too young for me, though! He's on the left, of course!

18. Who Thanked this post

Sraew (31-01-2012)

Player in Training

Status
    Nice to know we're looking to the future with all these trials and signings of young talents.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter