Register To Comment
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    Player in Training

Status
    Alderweireld+3.jpg

date of birth. 2-3-1989

He plays RCB at ajax and made a huge improvement in the 2010/2011 season. He plays better than vertonghen this season.
    The BPL would be perfect for him and I see him playing for tottenham. His defending is excellent and when he goes over the middle line this might be the result.
    Look at the last 5 goals in this clip. The boy is a cannon.

Legend !

Status
    Welcome to the forum by the way.

Maybe he is a good prospect but he hasn't been linked with us at all has he?

Legend !

Status
    Never seen him in real life, all my knowledge is based on Football Manager, so it's entirely inaccurate, but he was pretty good on that stat wise.

Legend !

Status
    Good player but are we linked with him?

P.S. We need an LCB, not another RCB.

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good player but are we linked with him?

P.S. We need an LCB, not another RCB.
    no he isn't linked with tottenham and you're right with the fact that tottenham doesn't need an RCB.
    He's linked with liverpool and arsenal though.

First Team Player

Status
    Good player but Vertonghen is a bit ahead when it comes to development.

I believe Alderweireld could make a carreer too but Vertonghen would be more right for Spurs at this moment.

Legend !

Status
    Newcastle turn to Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld | Transfers | tribalfootball.com
    "Pardew hopes to convince Ajax with an offer of £3 million for Alderweireld."

If true, that would be absolutely ridiculous. Ajax want €15 million for Vertonghen who has a one year contract. And Pardew expects that he can get Alderweireld (not as good as Vertonghen yet, but is a very promising player), who still has a two year contract for £3 million? Absolutely ridiculous, Ajax won't even sell him this year, because Vertonghen will already leave. It seems likely that Newcastle will miss out on Alderweireld and Douglas, does anyone think they could still try to make a move for Vertonghen, they were interested in him and are searching for new CB...

i love catnip

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by White Hart Dutch View Post
    Newcastle turn to Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld | Transfers | tribalfootball.com

If true, that would be absolutely ridiculous. Ajax want €15 million for Vertonghen who has a one year contract. And Pardew expects that he can get Alderweireld (not as good as Vertonghen yet, but is a very promising player), who still has a two year contract for £3 million? Absolutely ridiculous, Ajax won't even sell him this year, because Vertonghen will already leave. It seems likely that Newcastle will miss out on Alderweireld and Douglas, does anyone think they could still try to make a move for Vertonghen, they were interested in him and are searching for new CB...
    who cares? were the only one for jan <3

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    who cares? were the only one for jan <3
    Would he still say that if Barca comes for him? I doubt it. At the moment we're his most favoured option to go to. But I wouldn't be surprised that if Levy will wait this out until deadline day to save a few million, that Vertonghen has already moved to another club.

i love catnip

Status
    Would he still say that if Barca comes for him? I doubt it. At the moment we're his most favoured option to go to. But I wouldn't be surprised that if Levy will wait this out until deadline day to save a few million, that Vertonghen has already moved to another club.
    big difference between barca and newcastle

Legend !

Status
    Barca? Probably not.
    But Newcastle...?
    Judging by everything Vert, his agent and both clubs have been saying, I highly doubt we'll wait until deadline day to finish this deal. Have a bit of patience!!

Legend !

Status
    I don't think Levy is a complete idiot, our current defence would be lucky to keep us in the top 6 next season considering the muscle the other teams are adding.

Vertonghen would be a must-sign.. he may play the fool with the other targets.

Player in Training

Status
    Alderweireld is not good enough yet for Spurs. Maybe he stands up after Vertonghen's transfer. In that case he could be worthful to the Spurs. At this moment he's not better than Dawson, Kaboul, Gallas and Caulker. So I don't see a transfer coming up and I don't see Spurs needing him.

these are small those cows are far away

Status

Pardew is a ridiculous man.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    big difference between barca and newcastle
    That's true, but Vertongen also said that Arsenal was still an option, so I wouldn't say that we're the only one for Vertonghen. We are his prefered option, but we shouldn't wait to long for this deal to happen. And the gap between us and Newcastle wasn't that big this year. If he's willing to come to a club like us, he could be willing to go to a club like Newcastle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivron View Post
    Pardew is a ridiculous man.
    Yeah, I've come to notice that these last couple of days. He offered €4 million for Alderweireld and €5 million for Anita, what a joke. Wim Jonk of Ajax even said about that last offer that Ajax didn't even make a counter-offer to Newcastle because they believed this bid was a joke as well. :P I mean we're supposed to pay €15 million for Vertonghen and Pardew thinks he can get players of Ajax for 1/3 of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Schäfer View Post
    Alderweireld is not good enough yet for Spurs. Maybe he stands up after Vertonghen's transfer. In that case he could be worthful to the Spurs. At this moment he's not better than Dawson, Kaboul, Gallas and Caulker. So I don't see a transfer coming up and I don't see Spurs needing him.
    At the moment we don't need him, but we'll see in a couple of years what will happen. I wouldn't say he isn't better than some of those players though. I'm not a big fan of Dawson myself, but at the moment he's still ahead of Alderweireld. Caulker has yet to prove his worth at this club, Gallas has known better days. Kaboul is better of course. At the moment he isn't good enough, but I expect him to improve himself after Vertonghen leaves. I'm not saying that we'll buy this player in the future, but since he has been Vertonghen his CB-partner for the past three years, he could be an option. Especially if Vertonghen is a massive succes at this club and the other CB's kind of fail in forming a solid partnership with him, than the first option they will look at could very well be his former CB-partner. Simular to how Arsenal wanted Vertongen as well once Vermaelen had established himself at Arsenal. Alderweireld himself already said some good things about this club... I could see this happening in the future.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter