Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: William Gallas

Legend !

Status
    Apparently the kid wants to leave if an offer from USA or Qatar comes in, nothing to do with the money like! He also turned down a big offer to PSG in the summer for family reasons.

William Gallas: I’d love USA or Qatar deal | The Sun |Sport|Football

Gallas admits MLS interest | Tottenham Hotspur News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Player in Training

Status
    only when his contract is up, fair play to him. must be a slower game in u.s the way all the older players are flying over there

Player in Training

Status
    Can't blame him tbh

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    only when his contract is up, fair play to him. must be a slower game in u.s the way all the older players are flying over there
    Not really, but technical players like Gallas will get a long way. Also offensively players lack in technical ability/skill, especially American players over 25 because of how they were developed. That's changing with the investments in youth development which we'll see the benefit of going forward. The one thing the league isn't short of and not likely ever to be short of is quick players.

He'd be perfect for Montreal when he's done playing, they'll probably offer almost double what he's currently on. He's french and that's exactly what they're looking for, a French or Italian player who can be the face of the club then take on a different role like Viera when done playing.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 10-01-2012 at 07:24 PM.

5. Who Thanked this post

Batman (10-01-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Sounds pretty sensible to me. He is obviously committed to playing well and seeing out his contract with us. If he wants to make known his intentions after that it is fine by me. When that time comes he will be too old to have a spot in our side anyway. MLS would make a lot of sense, particularly financially.

First Team Player

Status
    Yeah, in 2013, by that time Steven Caulker will be playing for us again and will be amazing so no big deal really.

Legend !

Status
    yeah fair play to him. Lift the title with spurs and then cross the pond & light up the MLS

Legend !

Status
    I'll buy a Gallas jersey!

Great move for him if he does come to the MLS. I thought it was a dumb move bringing him over from Arsenal, how wrong was I. Showed his mettle this season and last, gives 100% every time no matter what. A true professional.

Shame it took him so long to get to the right part of North London!

First Team Player

Status
    i think he should go to dallas!!!

get it, gallas dallas...........oh gawd!

11. Who Thanked this post

Javi (10-01-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesh! View Post

Me too! That would be a good chant lol.

i love catnip

Status
    I hope he goes to Montreal. I'm from there, and it'd be great to have my 2 teams with the same player(s). It'll save me a lot on jerseys too!

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesh! View Post

how about galaxy gallas!!!!!!

Status
    If he goes and its a big IF before his contract is up it'll be this summer.

Legend !

Status
    I respect gallas a lot. Think he is a great footballer. he came to spurs from our most hated rivals and with his baggage. Kept his head down and played every game with 100% effort. Never forget the moment we beat arsenal in their back yard last year, and watching gallas just collapse to the floor after the final whistle blew. Then he gave us the gift of progressing even further into the champions league with the amazing goal line save. We cannot question his intentions for joining us, he simply wanted to help tottenham win whenever he put on the white shirt after years of being our hate figure. To me although his career for us in time has been short, he has played tons of games and if he does decide to leave then wish him best of luck. To have the balls to join us and then build on that is awesome. And being 34 and being starting 11 for 3rd best team in prem isn't a bad way to leave is it?

i love catnip

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TreyNerd View Post
    I respect gallas a lot. Think he is a great footballer. he came to spurs from our most hated rivals and with his baggage. Kept his head down and played every game with 100% effort. Never forget the moment we beat arsenal in their back yard last year, and watching gallas just collapse to the floor after the final whistle blew. Then he gave us the gift of progressing even further into the champions league with the amazing goal line save. We cannot question his intentions for joining us, he simply wanted to help tottenham win whenever he put on the white shirt after years of being our hate figure. To me although his career for us in time has been short, he has played tons of games and if he does decide to leave then wish him best of luck. To have the balls to join us and then build on that is awesome. And being 34 and being starting 11 for 3rd best team in prem isn't a bad way to leave is it?
    THIRD?! Not after tomorrow!

18. Who Thanked this post

TreyNerd (10-01-2012)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter