Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lacina Traore

Legend !

Status
    I havent found a link on line to this guy, but was talking with a fulham fan at work about this player, he said his club were in for him, I wonder why we dont go for him, he is big, tall (6 ft 8!) and strong striker and posseses a lot of skill, he has been compared to Emmanuel Adebayor and is from Ivory Coast same as our own Soulemayne Coulibaly. He has also been having a good season for Kuban Krasnodar in his first season in Russian football with 15 goals in 27 games so far. He is young aswell at 21. Surely he could be a striker we go for, maybe we could even swap him with super Pav ?

Legend !

Status

First Team Player

Status
    Looks very interesting. Hell, if he played for Dinamo ZG, he would be priced at 15 mill , and not 6 like it said in the video

Legend !

Status
    Ooh, I remember mentioning this guy during the summer as someone we could go for as an alternative to Leandro.

He's taller than Crouch but he can actually shoot (cannon of a left foot) and he's strong too. Would be very pleased to go for him.

First Team Player

Status
    He's crap. Before moving to Russia, Traore played for a Romanian team called CFR Cluj; I was reliably informed by a friend of mine who was born in Cluj and hence, a huge supporter of them, that he's utter rubbish. He's not strong as the videos might suggest, quite the opposite he used to be outmuscled and outfought by almost every decent defender in the Romanian league. Tactically inept he always looked lost on the pitch. He had a sort of 'Sandra moment' when he missed a glorious chance against Rome in Ch.League and basically that was when the club's owner decided to ship him urgently to the first interested club. That was Krasnodar which are managed by the former Romanian international and ex-Chelsea player, Dan Petrescu.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's crap. Before moving to Russia, Traore played for a Romanian team called CFR Cluj; I was reliably informed by a friend of mine who was born in Cluj and hence, a huge supporter of them, that he's utter rubbish. He's not strong as the videos might suggest, quite the opposite he used to be outmuscled and outfought by almost every decent defender in the Romanian league. Tactically inept he always looked lost on the pitch. He had a sort of 'Sandra moment' when he missed a glorious chance against Rome in Ch.League and basically that was when the club's owner decided to ship him urgently to the first interested club. That was Krasnodar which are managed by the former Romanian international and ex-Chelsea player, Dan Petrescu.
    Im pretty sure he is not "crap". I would think playing all the games he has at his age will only help his development as a footballer. Your friend not a fan then, but im sure all African strikers have had their haters during parts of their early (and later) career. If he got the basic tools to become a top class footballer Im sure a good manager could help him fulfil some of his potential.

First Team Player

Status
    When we had 6 ft 7 Crouch we resorted to hoof ball Carragher style.

He may be promising but i would rather we invested in a young striker more proven than in the Romanian league. Look at Lukaku, he has had a very slow start at Chelsea and he was tearing up the Belgian league for a spell.

I would like us to look in the German, Italian, Spanish and even Dutch leagues for up and coming stars.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by youneskaboul View Post
    I feel the same way that we might end up going back to hoof-ball, on top of that I would like a more proven striker as someone has already mentioned.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by youneskaboul View Post

He may be promising but i would rather we invested in a young striker more proven than in the Romanian league. Look at Lukaku, he has had a very slow start at Chelsea and he was tearing up the Belgian league for a spell.

I would like us to look in the German, Italian, Spanish and even Dutch leagues for up and coming stars.
    please tell me you just forgot to mention the french league...

anyways, from what i saw in this video his finishing is god awful. so many easy missed opportunities. and sure he's 6-8 but the one header he did score was not due to his ability but rather the excellence of the cross. that was fooking ridiculously well placed!

10. Who Thanked this post

youneskaboul (23-12-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pzabby View Post

anyways, from what i saw in this video his finishing is god awful. so many easy missed opportunities. and sure he's 6-8 but the one header he did score was not due to his ability but rather the excellence of the cross. that was fooking ridiculously well placed!
    I presume that's why he's called the New Adebayor?

First Team Player

Status
    why on earth would we want another adebayor,i can just picture these two playing upfront,500 passes from vdv,modric and bale and maybe 2 goals between them.I always hear about Coulibaly scoring goals in reserve games/next gen series maybe its time he got a run out in the premier league.

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    why on earth would we want another adebayor,i can just picture these two playing upfront,500 passes from vdv,modric and bale and maybe 2 goals between them.I always hear about Coulibaly scoring goals in reserve games/next gen series maybe its time he got a run out in the premier league.

defoe scored five in a spurs XI game, doesn't mean he's going to do it in the epl (yes, i know he did it against wigan, that will most likely never happen again). I think he'll go out on loan before he gets a run in the team.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    No chance, far to raw and inexperienced. Has played well in some games but needs to develop more as a player to be ready for the PL. Plus he's having passport/visa problems which is why he's isnt registered on the club site.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pzabby View Post

yes i did. The french league has some real diamonds for relatively cheap prices.

Legend !

Status
    if he's as good as he looks on that video and tipped to be the next 'ade' then why is it only Fulham going in for him?

scouts do their job and if a player is really good or has bags of potential, he would be noticed by the likes of Man Utd etc not Fulham (no disrespect to Fulham)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter