Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    It would appear Tottenham are making early plans for the January transfer window after it was claimed the north London club have made contact with Valencia regarding Ever Banega.
    According to Cadena Ser, Spurs have been in touch with the Spanish outfit to suggest signing the Argentina international on loan when the transfer window reopens, with a view to a permanent deal.
    However, Valencia are reportedly reluctant to let the 23-year-old midfielder leave the Mestalla, but Spurs remain hopeful they can strike a deal.

After a relatively quiet summer in the transfer market, all eyes will be on Harry Redknapp come the new year to see if he invests significantly in his Spurs squad.
    In terms of senior players, the Spurs boss acquired only Brad Friedel, Emmanuel Adebayor and Scott Parker before the transfer deadline, despite hopes of a marquee signing moving to White Hart Lane. But, perhaps more importantly, Spurs did manage to keep hold of Luka Modric and Gareth Bale, with the former attracting intense interest from Chelsea.

Tottenham considering January move for Ever Banega | Give Me Football

Legend !

Status
    and most useless transfer story goes to.....................Ever Banega on Loan.

3. Who Thanked this post

liam (01-12-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    would love him tho it seems fairly unlikely

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Yeah can't see this happening.

Legend !

Status
    There is only one reason we would bring him in.... so I hope it doesn't happen.

7. Who Thanked this post

MagnaThor (01-12-2011)

Status
    A midfielder every team with midfield problems wants...... on loan.....

He's been linked with United, Milan, Inter and various other big clubs. During the summer I said a few times he would be my first choice if Modric left. The longer he's in Valencia though the more his value is going to skyrocket. It's always possible for us to sign him if you consider the shaky financial outlook of Valencia. United were linked but when the deal for Sneijder fell through it looked like they didn't have a backup plan, they would be much better off if they had his creativity in the midfield right now.

First Team Player

Status
    Over rated as hell, seen so many people on Redcafe saying hes as good as the likes of Schweinsteiger and would be their first choice CM signing. Has a lot of talent but he hasnt really stepped up to the level he's capable of, needs to sort his attituude out, not go missing as often.

i love mister ed and can not lie lol

Status
    From the games i've seen of him this season with Valencia he's been oustanding. Him and Canales have created a beast partnership. I must admit i also like the look of Jeremy Mathieu too ( he's a LB ). Wouldn't mind Banega but he'd probably be a back-up player .

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbradkennedyxx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Over rated as hell, seen so many people on Redcafe saying hes as good as the likes of Schweinsteiger and would be their first choice CM signing. Has a lot of talent but he hasnt really stepped up to the level he's capable of, needs to sort his attituude out, not go missing as often.
    Banega and Schweinsteiger have about as much in common as Banega and Parker.

Legend !

Status
    We have no back up for modders. This kid will do.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLondoner View Post
    We have no back up for modders. This kid will do.
    He's the main man on a CL side, he wouldn't come to England to back up Modric. Especially when he could transfer to places like Milan and start.

14. Who Thanked this post

Cor-Luka (01-12-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    He's the main man on a CL side, he wouldn't come to England to back up Modric. Especially when he could transfer to places like Milan and start.
    Most of the time when reading transfer section you have to wonder if people are joking or are they living in dream world. Only way Tottenham will sign him is if Tottenham sells Modric, plays CL next season, pays him good and he rejects bigger clubs.

Legend !

Status
    Banega is quality. He had a poor start to his La Liga career but then went on loan to Atletico and was quality. He has been excellent since. My only question is where do we fit him in? With Modric, Parker and Sandro already competing pretty intensely, can you see us having a fourth top centre mid being happy to rotate? I think you underestimate us Cor-Luka. I reckon we could get him handy enough if we really need wanted him. Doubt on loan though. He is a first choice Valencia starter.

THTV Donator

Status
    Another transfer story coming to you courtesy of a journalist's Football Manager game.

18. These users say thanks for this post

BlueCrew LA (01-12-2011),The Sundance Yid (01-12-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Lol. He's one of the best midfielders in La Liga, would be maybe 3rd choice here.

If this happens it'll be for one reason, and one reason only... Which I refuse to think about.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter