Register To Comment
Page 1 of 201 123451151101 ... LastLast
    i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    Tottenham are on the trail of Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen

Nov 6 2011 by Alan Oliver, The People
    SPURS are on the trail on Ajax defender and captain Jan Vertonghen.
    Harry Redknapp sent his scouting team to watch the Belgian international, 24, keep an impressive clean sheet in Ajax’s 4-0 win over Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League.
    Boss Redknapp wants to strengthen his defence, with his Cameroon centre-back Sebastien Bassong likely to join QPR in January.

Tottenham are on the trail of Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen - Football News - Football - Sport - People.co.uk

massive bellend according to bigdub

Status
    He is pretty good isnt he?

Status
    Eeek, going after a captain of a club is a tough one to get......yet they've sold their previous two captains in the last 12 months (Suarez, Stekenlenburg).......so we shouldnt have a problem getting him, as long as we pay over the odds for him.

Better than Bassong for sure.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eeek, going after a captain of a club is a tough one to get......yet they've sold their previous two captains in the last 12 months (Suarez, Stekenlenburg).......so we shouldnt have a problem getting him, as long as we pay over the odds for him.

Better than Bassong for sure.
    but is he good enough to be a replacement for King?

We need a constant next to Dawson.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyyid View Post

That's it isn't it, we need to stop looking for stop gaps and look for long term solutions. I've seen Vertonghen play a few times but not nearly enough to give a proper assessment. Maybe one of the Dutch yids can shed some light.

6. Who Thanked this post

Fatboyyid (06-11-2011)

Legend !

Status

nobody is a good enough replacement for king.

8. Who Thanked this post

Sraew (06-11-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ThUgBeAtZ View Post
    nobody is a good enough replacement for king.
    Agreed if you want a replacement for King, be prepared to spend 10millions of pounds.

I watched him once so cant say too much but he looks like a defender with good positioning. Havent see him tackle too much but use his intuition instead.

Also, dont worry about Ajax captains. If you are captain at Ajax, you are ready to be transferred, that's how it works with them

Status

Dont know personally, I've only watched him a few times........for me if Caulker can continue to develop then we could have a tremendous CB coming into our squad next season.
    Last edited by spursman18; 06-11-2011 at 03:32 PM.

11. These users say thanks for this post

Eduardo (01-12-2011),Fatboyyid (06-11-2011)

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    Yeah I agree with the Caulker statement. We have too many ... solid CB's. Either we buy a top of the line one, or sell a couple of them, buy a near-top of the line ala Cahill or Samba, and give experience to Caulker next season for all cup matches, bar CL of course . I would prefer a pacey CB in the vein of Koscielny and Thiago Silva type of speed. Of course, I'd preffer him to have more brains than Koscielny, but just an example.

Status
    Well, here are a few full match replays of Ajax games for people with ESPN3, probably just the Americans unless you know how to use a proxy.

8/21 - VVV Venlo vs. Ajax

Streaming Online - WatchESPN

9/18 - PSV vs. Ajax

9/24 - Ajax vs. Twente Enschede

Ajax actually conceded 6 goals today in a 6-4 shootout against FC Utrecht.

Legend !

Status
    whenever i have seen this guy he looks a class act, i would be pleased fro him to come to spurs, would be a great replacement for Bassong.

Legend !

Status
    What is it with Belgian defenders ?

Thats Vermaelen, Kompany and now Vertonghen who are making a name for themselves, if he"s as good as the other two then sign him up.

First Team Player

Status
    Arsenal is after him for more than a year now, and he would be keen to join his former Ajax (and Belgian) buddy Vermaelen. I don't think he'll come to us.

First Team Player

Status
    As a Belgian i have to say that I rate him but I am not sure if central defense is his best position.

I still think he could be better as a holding midfielder and therefore I am not convinced that he would be the best buy. He is skillful, he's a leader but he's not very fast,... so he's not like Kompany and Vermaelen.

I maybe would prefer his teammate and compatriot Toby Alderweireld. He's more a pure central defender!

I AM KABOUL'S LOVE CHILD!!!!!

Status
    i'm from holland, i know him very well. He is A very strong defender, he had a very good last season, but this season nobody knows what happened.
    He looks lazy and tired. But when he is in well form, he is defiantly a good defender. He is specially good when he got the ball in his feet and go forward.
    His defending skills are not that good, but he can improve that, We should buy him, but not for more than 12 mille. He is defiantly better dan bassong, Dawson, gallas, but not better than king.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter