Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Legend !

Status

Legend !

Status
    8 million? What are they smoking?

Status
    Not happening as long as Harry is in charge.

Legend !

Status
    also not happening cause pav is on his way out too no? we cant afford to lose the both of em.. unless we sign someone better than the lot of em with the money we make on the selling of em. who can fit the bill at say 17-20 mil?

Status
    Pav is most certainly leaving as we'll risk losing him for free in the summer. JD will have a frustrating season with the lack of games I think he'll get, but I think he'll act professionally about it and perform when he gets an opportunity.

I'd imagine we'd bring in a striker in January so perhaps JD looks at another club in the summer or he stays and fights for his place.

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    So many good memories from JD. He's been our key striker for the majority of the last 7 years. I'd hate to see him leave us at all, and also would hate to see him retire if he retires with us. As gazza would say "such a fun player to watch".

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnaThor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So many good memories from JD. He's been our key striker for the majority of the last 7 years. I'd hate to see him leave us at all, and also would hate to see him retire if he retires with us. As gazza would say "such a fun player to watch".
    I think Sheringham, Keane, Berbatov were more important to the club in that time frame......JD has certainly done well while he's been at the club but those 3 were really consistent goal-scorers for us.

Status
    But Teddy left us before JD joined, 8 years ago. I think Berby and Keane probably were more important to the club, and far more consistent. I have a JD bias though, he's been the most spectacular imo to watch out of any of those 3.

Status
    But Teddy left us before JD joined, 8 years ago. I think Berby and Keane probably were more important to the club, and far more consistent. I have a JD bias though, he's been the most spectacular imo to watch out of any of those 3.
    I didnt think a year would make a difference but in terms of Berbatov, Keane, and JD the first two certainly had a bigger "role" to play at the club when all 3 were here at the same time. Some of the things Berbatov did while he was at the club were nothing sort of magnificent. I too like JD as a player, he's the reason why I have an 18 next to my username but for me Keane & Berbatov overall throughout their career at the club were more important to our progress over the last 5-6 seasons.
    Last edited by spursman18; 06-11-2011 at 03:21 PM.

10. Who Thanked this post

weirddave (06-11-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Not for that money but if the right money came in then I'd take it probably only got another season or two and never thought of him as a top fw.

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    Can't see it happening. Like said, if there's one fella who's on his way out of the striking department, then it's Mr.Pav.

shady!

Status
    sorry but jd wouldnt lace the boots of either teddy of the bulgarian imo..........teddy was never quick but was the best in the business at wat he did.....the bulgarian and keane together were fooking lethal!

i wouldnt wanna see defoe leave but if he did i wouldnt shed any tears......i honestly dont think he will be happy playing seond fiddle and if he is still being an impact sub by the end of the season then i wouldnt be surprised to see him leave!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcshady27 View Post
    sorry but jd wouldnt lace the boots of either teddy of the bulgarian imo..........teddy was never quick but was the best in the business at wat he did.....the bulgarian and keane together were fooking lethal!

i wouldnt wanna see defoe leave but if he did i wouldnt shed any tears......i honestly dont think he will be happy playing seond fiddle and if he is still being an impact sub by the end of the season then i wouldnt be surprised to see him leave!
    Yeah that's true about Teddy, imo he wasn't the most spectacular to watch but he did the job better than anyone we've had for a long time. But I said the last 7 years for that reason

15. Who Thanked this post

thfcshady27 (05-11-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconic Drei View Post
    Can't see it happening. Like said, if there's one fella who's on his way out of the striking department, then it's Mr.Pav.
    I'd have to dispute that. Pav is not 'on his way out', he has been out of the striking department and in the comletely fooking useless department for a long time!

17. These users say thanks for this post

donatorEighteen82 (06-11-2011),donatorIconic Drei (05-11-2011),IH8GOONS (06-11-2011),thfcshady27 (05-11-2011),USspur (06-11-2011)

Legend !

Status
    If someone offers us something near 20m, there's a chance we might sell. However, 8m is a bit low even for Pav, not to mention Defoe.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter