Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status
    So, Lotus are re-imagining their product-line for the 21st century.

New Elan, a new Elise, an Elite, Eterne and their interpretation of an electric city car, the Ethos. All the new designs are awesome, particularly the new Elise, Elite & Elan.

However, the car that made Lotus great, the famous Esprit that featured in James Bond's "The Spy Who Loved Me", has also been redesigned and my god have they created a thing of beauty!

Here is the original Esprit from the 80's (007's Esprit):

The 90's version looked like this:

Now, the Esprit of tomorrow will look like this:

Is this the most beautiful sports car ever?

2. These users say thanks for this post

P UNIT 1980 (20-02-2012),SionTHFCRoberts (20-02-2012),Sraew (20-02-2012)

Last tango in Belfast

Status
    Want one. Even the old one.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    H O L Y - S H I T . . .

Not trying to railroad ya @basskadet but this tick my boxes and pulls my strings.

1990 PORSCHE (965)

Last edited by P UNIT 1980; 20-02-2012 at 08:03 PM.

5. Who Thanked this post

basskadet (20-02-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Its quite nice, but my first thought was that it looked a bit like the Lamboghini Gallardo. Not something I would buy, but I bet its fun to drive. I prefer the Elite myself.

VIP Member

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its quite nice, but my first thought was that it looked a bit like the Lamboghini Gallardo. Not something I would buy, but I bet its fun to drive. I prefer the Elite myself.

Fair enough, but I think it ****s all over a Gallardo personally.

The New Elan is looking seriously ***y too though:

Incidentally, this is a MONUMENTAL effort by Lotus. They aren't the biggest car company, every car is hand built, yet they've designed & are bringing to production SIX new models over the next 2-3 years!!!!!!

How the fook? They've only just done one as well, the new Evora, which makes SEVEN new models!! That has to be unprecedented

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    And they just went bankrupt form memory.

They make these about a mile from where I live. It used to be at the top of my road......nearly!!!

I think they used the same lead designer on both as they are more than similar.

VIP Member

Status
    Yeah, Danny Bahar from Ferrari took them over (but they're still a British company) & brought in the top designers, etc from the best car companies across Europe, including Porsche.

It is the same lead designer, & the Elan was always a toned down Esprit (or rather the Esprit was a powered up Elan, as the Elan came first!). In my mind, altho both sports cars, the Elan was just more refined whilst the Esprit was just a bit more far-out, pushed to the max.

If I were to own a Lotus, I think I'd own an Elan but dream of an Esprit.

Those headlights tho!! Fukkin awesome. I get that look from my cat just before he scratches my face, lol

Some of the other new designs are a bit Jaguar/Aston Martin looking too, The Elite & Eterne.
    Last edited by basskadet; 20-02-2012 at 08:20 PM.

10. Who Thanked this post

P UNIT 1980 (20-02-2012)

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    The prices will soar unfortunately. as their prices were reasonable for super cars.

What Ferrari brought was pedigree. Thats why the brought it lock stock and fookin lot.

Lotus is one of the most famous and prestigious name in otorsport (not teaching those who know how to suck eggs).

I hope they invest in the brand and they keep the quality and craftsmanship and add their technical nous to the mix to revive this sleeping giant.

12. Who Thanked this post

basskadet (20-02-2012)

VIP Member

Status
    Yeah, I reckon you might be right. it'll be interesting to see what the prices will be though. That Esprit will have to be in the same bracket as the Ferrari's and Lambo's, so it's going to be more expensive than a typical Lotus whatever, but I wonder how it will relate to it's Italian competition.

As for keeping the quality & investing in the brand, they've invested a lot already and their whole mantra has been to stick close to the Lotus brand and breathe new life into it. I guess just the fact they've brought the Esprit back at all shows they're keen to stay true to the Lotus roots as they could've just come up with some brand new name to lead the line.

I saw Danny Bahar talking about it on the telly & he spoke very passionately about Lotus and pretty much said exactly what you just said, keeping the quality & craftsmanship, inject a bit of Italian passion and German organisation and revive a sleeping giant

They've kept the actual Lotus staff on and all these cars will be hand built as always - which beggars belief really; 7 new models in 3 years all being hand-built!?!

I guess it could make or break them, but the reaction so far appears to be Lotus is very much back on the map
    Last edited by basskadet; 20-02-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    It will make them.

Ferrari are too big to get it wrong. And with a little "Ferrari engineering" stamped on the engines they will fly out of the sales rooms.

Even if it isnt a rip roaring success they will be bigger and better in the end. Even if they are built up and sold on they will be in a lot better position than they were a few months ago.

VIP Member

Status

Fuk me, these are all hybrids too, according to what Bahar says in this vid! Not only are they awesome, but road tax/congestion charge will be cheaper, lol

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Yeah I wonder where they got that idea (and tech) from.

The Electric Tesla Roadster | Tesla Motors

VIP Member

Status
    Bahar actually says they're in a partnership with Tesla, similar tech, but the Lotus sound like a proper car & have a proper gear box too!

Some more Esprit ****:

Legend !

Status
    It looks nice but still prefer the Elise model, always buy it in racing games.

Legend !

Status
    I love this Elise model, they're great fun and look awesome.

lotus_elise_2006.jpg

That Porche is really nice as well, I'd buy one of those. And probably wrap it round a tree soon after! lol

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter