Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    shady!

Status
    alright u lovely people........my ancient iphone 3 has finally decided to call it a day just 2 weeks from the end of my 2 year contract so i need advice on wat to go for next.

basically im not bothered about fancy gadgety phones cause after a few weeks i get bored so im looking for something that is a good working tough device that is good for going online as all i use it for is to come on here and to check footy scores to feed my gambling habit.

im trying to avoid the whole 2 year contract thing again but if im gonna get the iphone 4 its my only option.

the iphone 4s is out of the question as its a rip off.

is the iphone 3gs that badly out of date?

are there similiar phones that are cheaper that are good for going online and supply apps as well?

im a dummy wen it comes to phones so any help will be appreciated......the cheaper the better as work is dodgy and i dont wanna be handing out 40 quid a month if im on the jam roll!

Player in Training

Status
    Hi Iphone 4's are lovely luxury devices but are expensive and if you break it is expensive. If your looking for a good cheapish phone a samsung galaxy S i9000 is really good. You can pick them up for 150 off ebay. 4 inch super amoled screen. unbreakable expandable and a really nice device. I wouldnt bother spedning double for the newer version personally The I9000 does just fine and android is pretty good if you havent played with it. Ive had a Iphone 3G, HTC HD2, Google Nexus, and i reckon this one is the best by far...thats just my opinion though...everyone is different

3. Who Thanked this post

thfcshady27 (10-02-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Did he sign up just to answer this question? Maybe he fancies you Shady....

5. Who Thanked this post

thfcshady27 (10-02-2012)

THTV Donator

Status
    May I recommend this?

Samsung GALAXY S II

There will be a number of great phones coming this summer, like the newer version of the Samsung S2 (Samsung S3). I've had an iphone and this and prefer the android run phones more.

So, what you could do is get a cheap phone, put your sim card in, and wait until the newer versions come out this summer?

Rather than doing the deal online, phone your service provider and negotiate. They may offer a new phone on a 1 year contract instead.

7. These users say thanks for this post

Ramsingh (13-02-2012),SweSpurs (10-02-2012),thfcshady27 (10-02-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Once apple.. Always apple. I moved from apple to Samsung.. Big mistake.. I moved back to apple sharp ish..

9. Who Thanked this post

thfcshady27 (10-02-2012)

massive bellend according to bigdub

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    May I recommend this?

Samsung GALAXY S II

There will be a number of great phones coming this summer, like the newer version of the Samsung S2 (Samsung S3). I've had an iphone and this and prefer the android run phones more.

So, what you could do is get a cheap phone, put your sim card in, and wait until the newer versions come out this summer?

Rather than doing the deal online, phone your service provider and negotiate. They may offer a new phone on a 1 year contract instead.

I agree on this! SGSII is fooking awesome!

11. These users say thanks for this post

donatorHeroes (10-02-2012),thfcshady27 (10-02-2012)

shady!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did he sign up just to answer this question? Maybe he fancies you Shady....

Or maybe he just thought (correctly) that I'm a friendly kinda fella!

13. Who Thanked this post

BigDub (10-02-2012)

shady!

Status
    Ya see this is my main concern.....with having an iPhone for the past 2 years would I be better playing it safe and sticking with it?
    And if so do I get the cheaper option of the 3GS or go for the iPhone 4?

Legend !

Status
    Look on eBay mate.. Might get a cheap deal..

Tesco are good on price and length on contracts, also they use O2 network so good coverage etc..

Three are good for the above reasons too.. Depending on how much Ur bill is a month give Ur provider a call and harass them into giving u a good deal, threaten them that Ur leaving etc

16. Who Thanked this post

thfcshady27 (10-02-2012)

talking in the wind

Status
    Don't get the s just get the normal 4 mate, big improvement on the 3 s but the 4s isn't worth the extra money IMO

18. Who Thanked this post

thfcshady27 (10-02-2012)

shady!

Status
    Yea I think I'm gonna make a few calls and bargain a bit with the fookers!

Ire I'm leaning towards the 4 at the minute.....

It's doin my nut in lol

20. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (10-02-2012)

talking in the wind

Status
    I have the 4 and it's the nuts, you know your iPhone inside out do u will pick up the 4 and know it straight away

Legend !

Status
    I had the 4, upgraded to s because I needed more memory.. So if Ur not bothered iPhone 4 should be cool..

No different really except I notice my battery gets hammered quicker probably because the memory is greater.. But iPhone all the way.. COYS

Legend !

Status
    I strongly advise you dont get a HTC or for that matter an Android phone. I got a htc desire and it is the worst build quality i have ever seen. Within 3 weeks of getting my phone i dropped it on lamminate from not very high up and the screen got shattered, the corners of the phone are tatty and the back of the phone has started peeling.

DSCF6935.jpg

I suggest getting a Blackberry or like Heroes said the Galaxy,

Buy BlackBerry Torch 9860 - BlackBerry 9860 Deals with Vodafone On UK Contract | overview

24. Who Thanked this post

thfcshady27 (11-02-2012)

Legend !

Status
    I gotta throw my support behind the Galaxy S2 as well, perhaps the best phone I have ever come across. In general Galaxy/Samsung line of phones are pretty solid. Again I don't know how economical it would be for you wherever you are but it is certainly worth a look.

26. Who Thanked this post

thfcshady27 (11-02-2012)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter