Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Player in Training

Status
    why don`t we try another team formation ?? we could try once in a while a 4-1-2-1-2
    we could make happy all strikers ... we would see who deserves to play !

Legend !

Status
    im guessing you would mean feilding a team like this.......

........................gomes..................... .....
    hutton.......king.........woodgate........bale
    .....................huddlestone.................. ....
    .........palacios.................modric.......... ...
    ........................keane..................... .......
    .........defoe....................crouch.......... ....

(obviously personnel is my choice, so you could change if you want)

this is basically the formation ancellotti has brought to chelsea. for us i don't think it'll work. one main problem i have with it is it lacks width and with us possessing possibly one of the best wide men in the epl at the moment in lennon, probably is a hinderance, and will never happen. it therefore puts alot of pressure on the full backs to get up and down to supply the crosses. chelsea can accomadate this as they have 2 good attacking full backs, and we do to an extent in hutton and more notably bale, but it means being less defensively tight with the likes of corluka most probably left out.

i understand why it seems we need to try and keep all the strikers happy, but at the moment i feel it is going brilliantly (especially modric's postion) and wouldn't change it..........like harry said, its up to them to make him happy, and if they do, they will play.

Naming Rights
    mate, some of us on here are old gits, what's with the font size?

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Naming Rights View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha Ha i thought it was just me,

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Naming Rights View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In total agreement mate. Bigger the better ha!

First Team Player

Status
    The more I think it this sounds more reasonable. If we don't buy a solid replacement we should change our formatio to 4 2 3 1.

2-Hudd Palacios
    3-Bentley(Gio),Keano,Lennon
    1-Crouch

We should make the best thing till Modric is back and fore me this is the way. For me this is it with Defoe. we can't paly with Keano and Defoe now that we don't have any realy creative player in the midfield. Bentley sould go in because of his croses adn Lennon would change side because his shots have improven and he is selfish so no need to hav him on the right side for the croses because he rarley uses them. Keano should stricktly play as a playmaker. He can adapt to it I have nticed he constantly drops in the midfield so we should make that permanent. And he would pick up the Crouch cross leftowers. We need to change formation because this kind of game will make us much more vunerable in the defence.

This is my opinion i don't know maby I am to paranoid but the lost of Modirc is just unreplacible and we need to make some adjustments. This is just my opinion so I would like to hear yours.

Player in Training

Status
    I think some of you need to calm down and get hold of yourselves!! Modric is a loss, but he's certainly not irreplacable!! we'll just have to play with bentley, gio or maybe lennon on the left and have naughton on the right. I don't see the point in changing the formation and it taking 6 weeks for the team to get used to it, only to switch it back when Luka returns!!!

Also look on the bright side, he's out for 6 weeks, but two of those are international weeks... so it'll only be a month really!! I'm sure we can cope without him for that long!!

Legend !

Status
    He certainly is irreplacable in terms of getting anyone anywhere near as good as him in mate!

First Team Player

Status
    He won't be out for too long, and I bet he heals fast. Could see him back by october 3rd game I think. Harry ain't much of a tinkerman but who knows what he'll do. He's changed formations before despite what I just said.

First Team Player

Status
    What about the idea of having Bale on the left wing if he is fully fit in the next 2 weeks? Against Manure we will have to keep it a lot more tight, and Bale can defend better than any out and out midfielder/forward on the left but can also bomb forward and put in a wicked cross.
    I don't want us to change too much as I can see the players being confused against Manure and letting them score a silly goal they most likely don't deserve!

Player in Training

Status
    [QUOTE=YorkYid;116185]What about the idea of having Bale on the left wing if he is fully fit in the next 2 weeks? Against Manure we will have to keep it a lot more tight, and Bale can defend better than any out and out midfielder/forward on the left but can also bomb forward and put in a wicked cross.
    I don't want us to change too much as I can see the players being confused against Manure and letting them score a silly goal they most likely don't deserve![/QUOTE]

I really don't want Bale in our team!!!!

First Team Player

Status
    After Kranjcar is here I would just pt him in Modrics place and change nothing.

Status
    ^^^I think that's probably what Harry has in mind too. No need to shake things up too much

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Kranj and Moders in the same sid IF it works would be awesome.

The havoc they could cause swapping positions at a moments notice is invaluable.

Good bit of fluidity to the side.

First Team Player

Status
    Yeah. Imagine we have a home match against a lesser opposition, so we can afford to play a 4-1-3-2 with willy as the DM.

Modric Kranjcar Lennon all roaming around and swapping positions! They could all do it too. It's amazing we have three great players who can use both feet.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter