Register To Comment

Thread: 4-3-3

First Team Player

Status
    So watching Man U vs Tottenham on Saturday I couldn't fail to realise how after the Mancs changed formation to 4-3-3 we looked really shakey. The same happened against Newcastle when we were 1-0 up, for the last 20 minutes or so, when Shearer changed things to 4-3-3 Newcastle looked likely to score which they didn't thankfully. So what is it about 4-3-3 that seems to destroy our plans? If anything I would have thought the opposition changing to this formation would give us more room in midfield to get it down and play, and also give us more room in the wide areas to exploit through Lennon and Modric. However we seem to crumble. Is this just concidence or something about the way we set up that makes us weak to the 4-3-3? I would appreciate your insight!!

Legend !

Status
    When they go 4-3-3 it sorta hands the attacking incentive to them. With 3 forwards they know that they can apply more pressure to pin the other team in their own half, and they become more desperate to do so because they know that with only 3 midfielders they would lose the midfield battle. Besides that, we were leading when our opponents switched to 4-3-3, so since they were the ones chasing the game they would be the ones attacking.

First Team Player

Status
    Well yeah I agree it changes their mindset to a more attacking style, its just weird how it seems to devastate us so much. I mean we could use the fact they are pushing forward and exploit them on the counter, but we seem to be a different team when the opposition makes the change. I know Man U are a force but we had them under control. Newcastle aren't really that good and even they had us on the ropes after going 4-3-3.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Teams tend to bypass the midfield when playing this formation so our extra man is kinda taken away.

It also forces a midfielder to sit a little deeper making it effectively a 4-1-3-2 formation unless you go to a 5-3-2 to match them mano-e-mano.

All of this invites the oposition to attack and unless you have excelent hold up men up top (we dont) or serious pace (Bent has but only runs in straight lines) the ball will keep on coming back at you and cause increased problems.

We lack as a squad to combat all posible outcomes.

First Team Player

Status
    Well if I was the opposition manager I'd start with 4-3-3 against us becuase we seem to be unable to deal with it!!!

First Team Player

Status
    I think our distribution out of defence could be better too. Wit a 4-3-3, teams can apply a lot of offensive pressure and our distribution becomes worse.

Player in Training

Status
    utd seem to play a combination of 4-5-1 and 4-3-3, we need to get modric in the team and play to his strengths, amongst others

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yid04Life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if I was the opposition manager I'd start with 4-3-3 against us becuase we seem to be unable to deal with it!!!
    ??????????????????????????????

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim32 View Post
    utd seem to play a combination of 4-5-1 and 4-3-3, we need to get modric in the team and play to his strengths, amongst others
    ?????????????????????????

Player in Training

Status
    ???????????????????????

Player in Training

Status

?????????????????????????????????

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell The Yid View Post
    ?????????????????????????????????
    Fvck off??????????????????????????????????????????

Player in Training

Status
    surely this should be about helpin spurs and not sayin what hurts us!
    personally ive never been a fan of 4-3-3, spurs are a 4-4-2 team, always have been and always will be

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by d.mccombe View Post
    surely this should be about helpin spurs and not sayin what hurts us!
    Fair point mate I think its good to spot weak areas though to keep them from being exploited! Anyway this was last season lol I've seen us be more effective vs 4-3-3 since then

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter