Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    What does everyone feel should be our tactical approach against Man U in the final?

- Defensive - sit back and try to absorb
    - Offensive - push a lot of players forward in an attempt to reduce Man U's possession and force them to keep players back
    - Balanced - take our usual, fairly balanced approach

I am leaning towards offensive, as I think it will be very difficult to hold them through the entire game. I feel we are going to need a few goals, so we should attack early and often. If nothing else, it will make for a performance to be proud of rather than playing scared.

Banned !

Status
    We have never been a defensive side , so we need to do the business against them early doors

Banned !

Status
    It would be frustrating if we comes to Wembley to try to defence a 0-0 score... I think we shall play like we did last year, try to play with them, and not be affraid of taken chances and challenge there backs.. A situation with Lennon against Evra or if Lennon goes to the left wing so he maybe will play in front of Neville if he is fit.. Modric, I also expect a key-caracter...

Banned !

Status
    I forgot to add that Fergie has been moaning about injuries as much as Redknapp = so we dont know either squad . How funny is that

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kevfball63 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I forgot to add that Fergie has been moaning about injuries as much as Redknapp = so we dont know either squad . How funny is that
    I wouldn't put to much stock in Fergie's complaints... even with their injuries they still fielded a strong team against Inter today.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Giggs, Park (Rooney 83), Berbatov, Ronaldo.
    Subs Not Used: Foster, Nani, Scholes, Fabio Da Silva, Gibson, Tevez.

Legend !

Status
    I don't believe a word that red-nosed git says ever!

We have to go somewhere between balanced and offensive I think. With Utds attacking quality and our inability to keep a clean sheet we will get pillaged if we sit back and try to defend.

Especially we need everyone hustling when we don't have the ball, we can't see our usual lazy approach of letting them pass the ball about and have time with it. We MUST close them down constantly and try to put them off there game. When we do that we always seem a better side.

Legend !

Status
    i say attack attack attack , close them down for every ball dont let them get into their rythym and disrupt and annoy their key players , rooney , ronaldo , berbatov , take these guys out of the game and we will retain our cup .

Legend !

Status
    Rooney is in the back pocket of Woodgate every time. Ronaldo can be kept quite by Zokora as we seen in our previous 0-0 match. Berbatov is sorted with King or Dawson, Berbatov didn't get a step ahead of Dawson in our last meeting with him. I expect more jeers from us against Berbatov.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    1. If we attack = we have the slimest chances of scoring.

2. If we sit back = we will get constantly battered and leak goals like jack and jills pale.

3. If we play our usual game = Refer to answer 2.

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P UNIT 1980 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. If we attack = we have the slimest chances of scoring.

2. If we sit back = we will get constantly battered and leak goals like jack and jills pale.

3. If we play our usual game = Refer to answer 2.
    Haha! That's funny!

Well, then I think I choose option 1..

COYS!!!

Legend !

Status
    Its still to early to predict a Carling Cup Final lineup; Man Utd will be playing alot of their youngsters, so if we want to win in orer to qualify, 'Arry should analyze the young United Players and base the team around that

Player in Training

Status
    I think we need to get stuck in,win the battle first then try to play.I would personally play Jamie O'Hara in CM as I remember reading that Paul Scholes is his idol and as Scholes is sure to start,Jamie can smash him up and become a legend!

First Team Player

Status
    Can Palacios play? He will be vital if we are to get a win! Agree that we need to get right into them from the off, stop them from settling then take it from there.

Legend !

Status
    I think the best tactic would be to score more than manure!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter